PDA

View Full Version : should I drive it?

Budfreak
04-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Road Demon has had better days, But all it would really need is a new set of 4.44's thrown in it(which I have) and it would be good to go. I told myself I wouldn't take it out until it was fixed from the small accident, But I really want to bring it to Reading for the races and so I can have some fun.:D It's dirty in the pics but it cleans up nicely still except for the accident area. I was trying to have another car ready, But I haven't been able to locate one that I could get and fix fast enough and the one I did find the guy did the disappearing act on me.:mad: If I don't bring it and I still have the pearl for sale, I'll be driving it but it will spend most of the time in the parking lot as I don't want to put miles on it. Should I fix it up real quick and bring it? I'm posting some pics of it's current condition.

subeman90
04-10-2007, 07:17 PM
I look at it this way....atleast it is an SVX....I'm gonna come in a baja ;)

bring it.

svxxx26
04-10-2007, 07:29 PM
I look at it this way....atleast it is an SVX....I'm gonna come in a baja ;)

bring it.

HEY! Bajas are cool too!:) Maybe I'll bring mine and we'll have a mini-meet?:D :rolleyes:

subeman90
04-10-2007, 07:35 PM
DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no turbo though...but atleast it is stick :D

It's Just Eric
04-10-2007, 09:13 PM
As of right now, 44.44% of the votes say fix road demon. Coincidence? (Probly)

At least the new guys will know who's car yours is :D

Budfreak
04-10-2007, 09:18 PM
As of right now, 44.44% of the votes say fix road demon. Coincidence? (Probly)

At least the new guys will know who's car yours is :D

Hahahahahaha!:D That is a sign. I'm starting to highly consider it, We'll have to see what the votes are saying tomorrow.;)

ensteele
04-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Drive it, tow it, or trailer it. :D :D :D

Budfreak
04-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Drive it, tow it, or trailer it. :D :D :D

Ok, Now you guys are getting me hyped up to do this.:D I'm going to put serious thought into it, I'm just weary because I really don't want any pictures of the pass. side being taken as it bothers me alot that it's damaged. I can live with it though if people are telling me they want to see my car there and in action(and not to make fun of it for being wrecked:rolleyes:). Can't disappoint my friends at the World Network.;)

TomsSVX
04-11-2007, 09:52 AM
obviously you never saw my old ebony 5mt in person:rolleyes: it was all go and NO show

to,m

n00b on demand
04-11-2007, 10:37 AM
obviously you never saw my old ebony 5mt in person:rolleyes: it was all go and NO show

to,m

Sadly it was too bus destroying engines that it was hardly any go either :p

TomsSVX
04-11-2007, 01:50 PM
still... even with the down time that car had... it was always faster and handled better than Christine:p

Tom

Budfreak
04-11-2007, 04:19 PM
still... even with the down time that car had... it was always faster and handled better than Christine:p

Tom

I believe that too because my car is the same way.:D It's the fastest and best handling SVX I've driven to date(until Reading probably(if svxfiles can keep the belt on his supercharger long enough for me to drive it):rolleyes:). OK, The decision is made then. Road Demon will attend Reading VIII come hell or high water.:cool: Time to go out and get my new gauges in I guess. I might not get the oil pres. and water temp. hooked up by Reading, But I'll have them lit up and the battery gauge will work.:) See you all there and thanks for the vote of confidence to bring it.;)

n00b on demand
04-11-2007, 08:30 PM

Tom

My car looked better :D

Mike621
04-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Sadly it was too bus destroying engines that it was hardly any go either :p

Lol

Nothing, NOTHING SCREAMS _________ LIKE

ALL WHEEL BURNOUTS!!!!!

svxfiles
04-11-2007, 09:45 PM
My car looked better :D
subi-crosser Jerry has the spoiler and hopefully will have it repainted before Reading.:)
I just replaced the trans Tuesday.:)
(With another 3.545)

Cristine's heater quit this week.:rolleyes:

But she STILL looks better than most!:D

Now for a new steering wheel, tweeters, and door sills.:o

svxfiles
04-11-2007, 09:48 PM

Tom
Christine is now better handeling and faster than before.:)

But Di won't let me go nuts on it.:( :rolleyes:

Budfreak
04-11-2007, 09:53 PM
So we are still doing the whole track thing at Reading, Right?? I want to make sure Road Demon is in drag racing tune if we are.:cool:

n00b on demand
04-11-2007, 11:30 PM
subi-crosser Jerry has the spoiler and hopefully will have it repainted before Reading.:)
I just replaced the trans Tuesday.:)
(With another 3.545)

Cristine's heater quit this week.:rolleyes:

But she STILL looks better than most!:D

Now for a new steering wheel, tweeters, and door sills.:o

Geez Tom...sounds like she's needin a lot of work....keep me updated. I PM'ed Di a long time ago asking how the two of you were....not sure if she got it or not.

svxfiles
04-12-2007, 02:46 AM
Geez Tom...sounds like she's needin a lot of work....keep me updated. I PM'ed Di a long time ago asking how the two of you were....not sure if she got it or not.
Not alot of work.....:)

These cars are not exactly new, so a little mantainance is expected.
She is a head turner and Di's favorite!

I hope to see you at Reading!
Christine will be there.:cool:

green_eyed_lady
04-12-2007, 08:18 AM
....Christine will be there.:cool:

IF we get the newly-painted spoiler back in time............
IF we get the heater issue fixed...........
IF Tom's not dead and I in jail for killing him........... :rolleyes:

n00b on demand
04-12-2007, 11:27 AM
I won't be at reading this year....again. But I am open to taking a road trip down to WV :D

svxfiles
04-12-2007, 12:11 PM
I won't be at reading this year....again. But I am open to taking a road trip down to WV :D
Sorry you won't be at Reading.
But after Reading we will have a Cumberland Autocross Meet!:D

Rooms are cheaper here!;) :rolleyes:

Budfreak
04-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Road Demon was loaded on the trailer today and sent to my shop. Tomorrow the 100K mile matched set of 4.44's I have will go in. Then, my good wheels and tires will go back on, My gauges will be installed, a few more mods, and alot of cleaning. Let the race to finish before Reading begin.:rolleyes::eek::cool:

TomsSVX
04-16-2007, 09:33 AM
my car is ready... I knew that the week before is not a good time to try and get it going

Tom

Budfreak
04-16-2007, 10:49 AM
my car is ready... I knew that the week before is not a good time to try and get it going

Tom

:p:p:p I was supposed to have another car, But the guy disappeared on me and left me at the last minute to decide to put Road Demon back on the road.

Do you want me to send those cores or bring them to you at Reading?

TomsSVX
04-16-2007, 01:08 PM
you can just bring em to reading... I have also been working on another car. I have been putting together a 4.11 4eat so Earl has a car to drive... Still trying to read the power light code but it won't come up... Just waiting for the insurance and registration to come through so I can test drive it and see if it is a problem or not... Anyway, This car got a VERY new 4.11 jdm 4eat, svxfiles trans resistor, PWR radiator, urethane rear diff bushings, urethane trans mount and a ton of other stuff. I am no stranger to last minute work...

Tom

Budfreak
04-16-2007, 02:13 PM
you can just bring em to reading... I have also been working on another car. I have been putting together a 4.11 4eat so Earl has a car to drive... Still trying to read the power light code but it won't come up... Just waiting for the insurance and registration to come through so I can test drive it and see if it is a problem or not... Anyway, This car got a VERY new 4.11 jdm 4eat, svxfiles trans resistor, PWR radiator, urethane rear diff bushings, urethane trans mount and a ton of other stuff. I am no stranger to last minute work...

Tom

Haha, I know that.;) Good luck with the 4.11, Sounding like a nice one. See you at Reading for a beer.:)

Budfreak
04-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Road Demons Transmission, rearend, and exhaust are all in pieces right now. It is half way done now. Tomorrow we will install the new rear and tranny and new headpipes where mine were all dented in and we'll be welding up the exhaust. I'll also be replacing a motor mount as I found out today one is snapped in half. I'll be driving it home tomorrow and finishing mods and cleaning it.:)

green_eyed_lady
04-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Christine will be there.

IF we get the newly-painted spoiler back in time............
DONE!
IF we get the heater issue fixed...........
DONE!
IF Tom's not dead and I in jail for killing him........... :rolleyes:
Still remains to be seen........ :rolleyes:

BTW, the new (used 3.545) tranny is performing beautifully. ;)

TomsSVX
04-18-2007, 08:42 PM
well i am in a last minute bind... Earl's car has bad wheel bearings... who woulda thought:rolleyes: anyway we will be doing a hub swap all night tomorrow night and detailing all morning... so who's doing redbull and vodka shots(<----- notice the plural) w/ me??

Tom

Budfreak
04-18-2007, 08:47 PM
well i am in a last minute bind... Earl's car has bad wheel bearings... who woulda thought:rolleyes: anyway we will be doing a hub swap all night tomorrow night and detailing all morning... so who's doing redbull and vodka shots(<----- notice the plural) w/ me??

Tom

Pass the bull and the smirnoff dude.:cool: I've got the tranny and rear diff in, a new motor mount, and the exhaust is marked and ready to be welded up. All that's left is to pop in a new u joint in the driveshaft and put everything together and get to cleaning and installing my gauges. Holy hell am I tired.:rolleyes::o

Budfreak
04-19-2007, 10:35 PM
DONE.:cool: OMG does it run better than ever!!

Here's the list of things done in the past 3 days.

-Matching 4.44's with 100K miles
-New driveshaft
-Replaced a front axle that rufused to give up it's axle pin and it had to be "dealt with".:D
-New motor mount
-Polyurethane rear swaybar bushings
-Rear diff mount "mod":cool:
-Mounted my good wheels and tires
-Exhaust is welded up and the dented in head pipes have been replaced
-Replaced the driver seat with one that works:rolleyes:
Things left to do before leaving tomorrow:
-Wash and vacuum
-Install gauges
-Get some sleep in there somewhere:)

To Reading or bust;)

SSSVX
04-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Congrats to you...wish you have a fun and safe trip. :cool:

subeman90
04-20-2007, 04:33 AM
Congrats on the hard work dude! I found an SVX to drive myself so no baja for me this weekend :D

Look for me folks in a red L :D

Budfreak
04-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Damn that was fun!!!! So, Can I get a little feedback on my car to those that drove it or had a ride in it?? Whatdchya think?:D

rvnmaniac
04-22-2007, 06:49 PM
I guess "Road Demon" is a good word for that car. I'm not much into the fast stuff but i did ride around the parking lot in it and it seemed smooth fast to me with a wicked sound. Knocking on wood my trans is running nice and smooth at the moment but when and if it goes looks like a 4.44 will be the way for me.

Budfreak
04-22-2007, 06:57 PM
I guess "Road Demon" is a good word for that car. I'm not much into the fast stuff but i did ride around the parking lot in it and it seemed smooth fast to me with a wicked sound. Knocking on wood my trans is running nice and smooth at the moment but when and if it goes looks like a 4.44 will be the way for me.

Thanks Henry, Glad you liked it and that I got to meet you and talk for a while. See you again when I'm in the area.:)

paladinwkh
04-23-2007, 04:36 AM
She is a Demon that's for sure. Driving the car makes me wonder why Subaru didn't put 4.44's in the car in the first place?:rolleyes: Definatley want to do the same mods to my tealy. Awesome ride Budfreak... keep up the good work! :cool:

Will

green_eyed_lady
04-23-2007, 09:53 AM
She is a Demon that's for sure. Driving the car makes me wonder why Subaru didn't put 4.44's in the car in the first place?:rolleyes: Definatley want to do the same mods to my tealy. Awesome ride Budfreak... keep up the good work! :cool:

Will

And a special thanks to SVXfiles for pioneering the 4.44 install and showing Budfreak how to do it.............. ;)

Budfreak
04-23-2007, 11:45 AM
And a special thanks to SVXfiles for pioneering the 4.44 install and showing Budfreak how to do it.............. ;)

Yeppers, Hats off to Tom.;)

paladinwkh
04-23-2007, 09:11 PM

Yes indeed!!!!!:D :cool: