PDA

View Full Version : 4.44.......what else

odepaj
04-02-2007, 11:30 PM
So im gonna be getting 4.44's in a month or two. What else should I do while the tranny is out? I'm just trying to decided what I should hit while im under there and have alot of time devoted to the car.

Dustin

nextse7en
04-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Rear main seal (maybe) 02 sensors (maybe) exhaust manifold to pipe seals.

Rear diff bushings. Trans cooler flush.

I'd also adjust the brake band on the new (if its used) transmission back to factory torque specs, and replace duty sol. c with a new one while the tranny is out of the car. Will probably save you money in the long run.

-Patrick

TomsSVX
04-03-2007, 03:28 PM
trans internal filter change is a huge thing to do. Rear diff bushing, harder trans mount, replace soft lines running from trans to hardlines under the driver's side head.... Dunno what else...

tom

Speedklix
04-03-2007, 03:36 PM
-o rings in the fittings on the steering rack.
....-change power steering fluid ofcourse
-reseal oil seperator on back of engine/replace if cracked/plastic

demonsvx
04-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Front axles, ball joints,trans mount rear seal on trans and engine clean firewall area mine was covered with axle grease:mad: pain in the a$$ but looks better now

longassname
04-05-2007, 07:30 PM
having it sent to me and getting it built before you put it in would be a good idea if you have the coin

odepaj
04-06-2007, 04:42 PM
having it sent to me and getting it built before you put it in would be a good idea if you have the coin

I wanted that 3.90 tranny from you but dont have that kind of cash:(

dustin

Duckie
04-07-2007, 03:17 AM
When it comes to tranny trust me when you get what you pay for. Replacing to subpar tranny 50k or less miles down the road makes His tranny look mighty advertising...not to mention cheap. I have been waiting for a tranny like this and to tell you the truth I was quoted twice as much from some other places I trust. Andrew tech had my money until Lan made this; now once the money exists its in his pocket and not theirs.

odepaj
04-07-2007, 03:57 PM
When it comes to tranny trust me when you get what you pay for. Replacing to subpar tranny 50k or less miles down the road makes His tranny look mighty advertising...not to mention cheap. I have been waiting for a tranny like this and to tell you the truth I was quoted twice as much from some other places I trust. Andrew tech had my money until Lan made this; now once the money exists its in his pocket and not theirs.

I havent heard bad things about the 4.44 geared trannys yet but if the one im getting goes out, im just gonna go to an mt.

Dustin