PDA

View Full Version : Broken pulley bolt-am I screwed?

blue thunder
03-03-2007, 09:28 PM
I just finished doing the knock sensor replacement and was tightening down the bolt on the pulley for the alternator. The bolt just broke right off. I may have overtightened it plus it being twelve years old and getting taken apart a lot lately. I went to my auto parts store and got another bolt close to the same diameter and a matching nut. Once I put it on though I realized I can't hold both ends to actually tighten it. The inside of the bolt is hidden and blocked off. Will the OEM part only work for this? Any suggestions or related experience greatly appreciated. I am stuck and my local in town dealer is a bunch of crooks and I will have to get a tow 25 miles away.

Mike:)

ensteele
03-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Is it your only car? Can you get by for a few days? If so, check with Budfreak and see if he has one that he could ship you. Hope this helps. :)

blue thunder
03-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Yes, other than a bicycle:eek: Trying to do my own work really backfired this time. I was only able to change out the right side knock sensor. I'll get my father to get me to work Monday. Thanks.

Mike:)