PDA

View Full Version : Transmission conversion (again)

RSK
04-21-2002, 12:28 PM
Hi Fans,

there was a lot written about transmissions - for me just one left behind: anybody knows a contact where a manual conversion can be made in Europe?

TIA,
RSK

svxistentialist
04-24-2002, 02:07 PM
where you might get this done RSK. Apologies you have had no replies.

Only a few have been converted in the States, if you use the search facility on this site, you will find the people who made it work, they are helpful, and will give you clues what to expect.

Personally I think the car is better with the auto, even though mine has twice given problems.

If I wanted to get mine converted, and had the money, I would head straight for Prodrive in the UK. They rally-prepare the WRX thingys, and the engineering involved would be no problem to them. No doubt there is some equivalent company fettling Subarus on the mainland. Check with some of the WRX clubs and rally fans, they will point you in the right direction.

Joe:)

RSK
04-25-2002, 02:36 AM
> Apologies you have had no replies.

it's OK. I wasn't expecting bunch of replies anyway because of the nature of the theme.
just thought it's worth a shot.

however, I already got an answer from the Smallcar-people in WA saying that they are working on a kit which can be installed by any maintenance shop.

cheers, RSK

MartyMcFly
04-25-2002, 03:56 AM
Hallo!

Ich weiß leider auch keine Antwort auf Deine Frage, jedoch freut es mich, daß es doch noch deutschsprachige "poster" gibt.
Auch wenn die anderen das jetzt nicht verstehen :)

Willkommen im Club.
Es ist wirklich ein Spitzenforum und du bekommst normalerweise auf alle Fragen sofort eine Antwort (außer bei deiner Umstellungsfrage), da ja wenige Europäer hier posten.

Dein Englisch ist übrigens ausgezeichnet.

mfg hrc aus dem sonnigen Süden Österreichs

p.s. appologies to the english speaking folks but I just wanted to say hello to RSK in german language :)

Phil Hill
04-26-2002, 12:56 AM
RSK & Marty

Ich habe mein deutche forgessen....... :D

and appologies for poor spelling/grammer !!

Phil.

svxistentialist
04-26-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by MartyMcFly
Hallo!

p.s. appologies to the english speaking folks but I just wanted to say hello to RSK in german language :)

No need to apologise Marty. The forum is for Europeans, so any European language goes.

I can see that moderating this particular forum might get to be a bit of a problem, though.

Auf weidersehen

Joe:)