PDA

View Full Version : transmission concerns

magicman909
04-21-2002, 10:56 AM
I am considering buying a 1995 svx lsi. It has 45K miles on it and I am concerned about the likelihood of transmission problems. Is there a mileage when transmission failure can be predicted and what steps can I take to extend the logevity.

dart
04-21-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by magicman909
I am considering buying a 1995 svx lsi. It has 45K miles on it and I am concerned about the likelihood of transmission problems. Is there a mileage when transmission failure can be predicted and what steps can I take to extend the logevity.

Trans seems to go 60-80,000 miles before prying apart your wallet. Install a large transmission cooler and use synthetic trans fluid to increase transmission life. Other than that, what's not to like? :D

wasions
04-22-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by magicman909

I wish I had a '95 with only 45K. Don't worry about the transmission, unless you can confirm that the car was abused by a former owner (not all that likely). There really isn't a huge problem with '95 and newer models. A quick search will turn up very few problems (transmission, wheel bearing, etc.) with the newer cars.