PDA

View Full Version : Advise for amp power wire...

RedHotSVX
02-21-2007, 08:42 PM
I am installing an after market stereo with 2 amps and was trying to find a way to run the power wire from the battery to the trunk and was surprized at the lack of grommets on the firewall to run it through to the cabin.I figured there would be a few on the pass for right hand drive versions.Am I missing something,has anyone out there drilled a hole through the firewall for this?
I tried where the main harnesses run through over the accellerator pedal and to the right of the heater hose,but I guess it's a two layer firewall in those areas.

Suby Fan
02-21-2007, 09:39 PM
you could just drill a hole or take off the fender and route it with the rest of the wires (on the drivers side)

AFBeefcake
02-21-2007, 09:40 PM
I use the hole for the A/C drain on the passengers side foot well.

RedHotSVX
02-22-2007, 07:38 AM
I use the hole for the A/C drain on the passengers side foot well.
I was thinking of that,but the power wire is over half the size of the drain hose and I didn't want to compress it that much to keep it from clogging.

RedHotSVX
02-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Found a conveniently located grommet in front of both doors that leads in behind the kick panels,they are far enough foward the the door doesn't interfere with the wire,yet not hard to reach......finally a little closer to some better sounding music:D :D

marlettpat
03-04-2007, 07:39 PM
I was thinking of that,but the power wire is over half the size of the drain hose and I didn't want to compress it that much to keep it from clogging.

i have a Double ZERO gauge wire running thru there with no clogging, just as an fyi