PDA

View Full Version : New Gears / Trans Plus for "New" 1992

newsvx
02-21-2007, 08:00 PM
As many of you know, SVXFILES has had my car for a bit to replace the bad trans plus a few "other" things.

I picked up the car today with SVXCESS on hand for the very anticipated occasion (actually, I think John was more excited than I was, and I was REALLY excited about getting the car back to find out about all the magic Tom had worked on the car).

I could not be more pleased!!!!!!!!!:D I was grinning all the way home too!!:D :D The 4.44's are just tremendous!! What a difference along with the new bushings and coupling discs (for the subframe). Not to speak of new spark plugs, brake lines, exhaust system (just beautiful!!), etc. The car runs like a champ!!!!!!!! Tom does some beautiful work!! I would recommend him for ANY work on our SVXi.

To Tom, thanks so much for such a great job!! Something tells me you will have more jobs than you can do!! Good luck on the new enterprise!

Harry :D :D :D :D :D
Still grinning from ear to ear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trevor
02-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Great news Harry.

For some time I have been reading between the lines in respect of Tom's posts. There is much evidence that he has his head screwed on. I am not surprised that he also makes a faithful job of screwing things together. :D

Cheers with compliments to Tom, Trevor. ;)

TomsSVX
02-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Well, while Tom's head may be screwed on, we can only guess how far and in which direction:D :D Just kidding, Tom does amazing work and is extremely thorough. Congrats Harry on a new moster I know you will like it. Not to mention Tom now turned me on the the idea of making my own rear diff mounts;)

Tom

Trevor
02-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Well, while Tom's head may be screwed on, we can only guess how far and in which direction:D :D Just kidding, Tom does amazing work and is extremely thorough. Congrats Harry on a new moster I know you will like it. Not to mention Tom now turned me on the the idea of making my own rear diff mounts;)

Tom

Tom, Tom,

You too can bang the drum, as my comments apply equally to you. :)

All we need now is Tom, Tom and Tom. :D

newsvx
02-22-2007, 04:26 AM
HEAR, HEAR! regarding the comments. I am STILL grinning!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Harry

CigarJohnny
02-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Good for you, Harry! Glad to hear you've built a beast. Between the 97 and your 92 you have the best of both worlds. ;)

-Johnny

newsvx
02-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Good for you, Harry! Glad to hear you've built a beast. Between the 97 and your 92 you have the best of both worlds. ;)

-Johnny

Hey Johnny!!!! Long time no hear from.

No, not a BEAST, but it sure drives good!!:D :D Now to PRESERVE the '97 :p

Hope to see you at Reading - I'll have the '92 there!!

Harry

CigarJohnny
02-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey Johnny!!!! Long time no hear from.

No, not a BEAST, but it sure drives good!!:D :D Now to PRESERVE the '97 :p

Hope to see you at Reading - I'll have the '92 there!!

Harry
I sure hope I make it there this year. That weekend is also the weekend of my wife's birthday. She already said "hell no" when I told her I wanted to go but she is reconsidering a day trip and will let me know after she has thought about it for a while. :(

-Johnny

SVXRide
02-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Harry,
Now don't go running in GS with the "OldTomStock" beast!;) :p
-Bill

svxxx26
02-22-2007, 01:51 PM
As many of you know, SVXFILES has had my car for a bit to replace the bad trans plus a few "other" things.

I picked up the car today with SVXCESS on hand for the very anticipated occasion (actually, I think John was more excited than I was, and I was REALLY excited about getting the car back to find out about all the magic Tom had worked on the car).

I could not be more pleased!!!!!!!!!:D I was grinning all the way home too!!:D :D The 4.44's are just tremendous!! What a difference along with the new bushings and coupling discs (for the subframe). Not to speak of new spark plugs, brake lines, exhaust system (just beautiful!!), etc. The car runs like a champ!!!!!!!! Tom does some beautiful work!! I would recommend him for ANY work on our SVXi.

To Tom, thanks so much for such a great job!! Something tells me you will have more jobs than you can do!! Good luck on the new enterprise!

Harry :D :D :D :D :D
Still grinning from ear to ear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry, as you know I'm taking my '92 up in about a week for the 4.44 swap. After all the posts I've read about the swap AND most importantly about Tom's work, I CANNOT WAIT :D
It's good to know there's someone out there that does quality work on our SVXi. Just wish he was a little closer!;)

newsvx
02-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Harry,
Now don't go running in GS with the "OldTomStock" beast!;) :p
-Bill

But Billy, it's "bone" stock!!!!! :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D

And it just has an old / used station wagon transmission in it ....... That's all. Actually, I should be given some points ahead for that!! Would you agree :rolleyes:

Harry

SVXRide
02-22-2007, 03:55 PM
But Billy, it's "bone" stock!!!!! :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D

And it just has an old / used station wagon transmission in it ....... That's all. Actually, I should be given some points ahead for that!! Would you agree :rolleyes:

Harry

Harry,
Absolutely! I think you'll enjoy how it works a course;)
-Bill

newsvx
02-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Harry,
Absolutely! I think you'll enjoy how it works a course;)
-Bill

YA HOO --- I can't wait!!

Harry