PDA

View Full Version : TomsSVX

Tim
02-20-2007, 09:07 PM
A pleasure as always. Great mechanic... Definitely continues to go above and beyond my expectations.

Tom was nice enough to let me borrow his teal svx so I could drop off my own car and get back and forth while I had school... otherwise I would have never been able to find someone to take me back and forth twice.

I had the following done:

O2 sensors
Knock sensors
flexplate
rear seal
valve cover seals
coolant flush
oil change
tranny fluid topoff
A/C conversion to R134a

My engine was cleaner than ever and I never knew that the valve cover gaskets were silver :eek:

I totally forgot about the fact that my AC didnt work and never mentioned it to Tom. I told him to take care of whatever it needed done and he did just that. I definitely have no problem leaving the keys to my car, driving 150 miles back and forth total just to know its in good hands.

Thanks again :D

Mike621
02-20-2007, 09:28 PM
+1 For TomsSVX

He has and will always be my first call, and first source, if I have questions and need work done to keep my SVXs going.

He helped me get three of my SVXs that were in various states of disrepair back into commission.

When my 92 Claret was in his care recently, Tom replaced the entire rear subframe, brakes on all four corners, all struts and associated mounts, hubs, wheels, tires, and the exhaust!

He goes above and beyond to help me out when I need it, time and time again.

Thanks Tom!

ensteele
02-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Tom - When are you going to open a shop out here in the WEST? :confused: :confused: :)

mikecg
02-21-2007, 05:17 AM
I'm gonna have to talk im into moving out to Las Vegas so I know my SVX will have a good mechanic to keep it going. Especially with the project of fully building an engine nearing. It would be nice if I could get it done before I head out there, but I highly dought it could be done.

Mike <----- spending money way to fast now.

TomsSVX
02-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Mike: We could at least get the lower end built for it before you go... I didn't know you were moving?? when??

Earl: After I graduate school, if I can find a good teaching job out there, I would love to move to Cali

Mike and Tim, thank you very much. you guys know I love doing this stuff;) :D

Tom

Trevor
02-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Good on you Tom,

True appreciation makes everything worthwhile. :)

What subjects will you be teaching? I hope these are in line with your nataral ability and interests. In which case none will be able to put you in the, "can't do it, so teachers it," category. :p :D

TomsSVX
02-24-2007, 06:14 AM
I will be teaching High School History and maybe a little Sociology and Political Science.;) Mechanics are a hobby, when you make it your carreer you tend to lose interest I have heard

Tom

ensteele
02-24-2007, 09:27 AM
... Mechanics are a hobby, when you make it your carreer you tend to lose interest I have heard

Tom

Right you are Tom. :) :)

n00b on demand
02-24-2007, 09:38 AM
+3 for tom....always done great work....but he's still a t00l

:D

gest24
02-25-2007, 11:39 AM
You need to come back to Cali... Jersey and PA are nice to visit... But here in the sun is the only way to live.