PDA

View Full Version : Current favorite for rotors and pads?

Mr. Pockets
02-16-2007, 02:13 PM
I need to replace the rotors and pads on my SVX. I don't want to buy OEM equivalents, but I'm also not looking for something real flashy. I'd like the rotors to be cad-plated, but I really don't want slotting or drilling. I know some places have offered nice packages for the SVX, but I don't know their names, sites or even if they're still around.

Can anybody offer me a recommendation?

gsodonis
02-19-2007, 07:45 PM
I have x-drilled & slotted rotors from the previous owner that I like, but I'm not sure who makes them. I can, however vouch for Akebono ProACT ceramic pads. These pads are so low dusting that my red powder coated calipers look newly washed for weeks after a car wash (as long as it doesn't rain). The previous pad dust clung to the calipers so badly that they looked dirty before the day was through. The same goes for the wheels. The ProACt brake dust residue is nearly invisible and washes off with just a stream of water. If I go too long between washes, Simple Green melts the stuff away - no need for acidic wheel cleaners. I love the pads so much, I have installed nothing but those pads on every vehicle I have owned the past four years (ever since discovering them).

nexus_7
02-19-2007, 09:42 PM
I have been a Hawk pads fan for ever. the hps line I believe. Work great on the Maxima and SVX. Make sure you follow the break in instructions! very important.

Greg

ensteele
02-19-2007, 09:46 PM
I like the RaceConcepts package. You don't have to get drilled or slotted, and the zinc cad are available. I do like the dimple drilled and I have those and the slotted ones and paired with the ss braided brake lines, it is a world of difference. I have the ceramic pads that they sell as well. There may be better pads that others offer that may be better. Good luck and let us know what you do. :)

svxfiles
02-21-2007, 01:51 PM
I like the RaceConcepts package. :)
You don't have to get drilled or slotted, and the zinc cad are available.
I do like the dimple drilled and I have those and the slotted ones and paired with the ss braided brake lines, it is a world of difference. :)
What He said!:)
But I like dimpled and slotted, and plated and Beins Green Stuff pads!
And use a full quart of 500f brake fluid #4to bleed out the old dot3.

Mr. Pockets
02-22-2007, 08:28 AM
I like the RaceConcepts package. You don't have to get drilled or slotted, and the zinc cad are available. I do like the dimple drilled and I have those and the slotted ones and paired with the ss braided brake lines, it is a world of difference. I have the ceramic pads that they sell as well. There may be better pads that others offer that may be better. Good luck and let us know what you do. :)

Are you saying you prefer drilled or slotted?

Thanks.

svxfiles
02-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Are you saying you prefer drilled or slotted?

Thanks.
I prefer dimpled AND slotted, and plated, unless its a huge 13" rotor, then I like drilled and slotted, and plated.

But you weren't asking me.:o

Now I feel bad about myself.