PDA

View Full Version : 4pot 2pot or sti brembos.

nico i wrx u
02-12-2007, 01:07 PM
well i dont no what to get red wrx brakes or sti brembos for my svx, what you guys think? is the brembo way to much of a brake! i sure no there alot of money, or get the red wrx 4pot/2pot set up for my svx. i have the 4pot 2pot on my 350whp gc8 and it slows me down very good from 260kms with out no warping.

ensteele
02-12-2007, 01:29 PM
WRX calipers will not fit the SVX unless you do modifications. :o

mikecg
02-12-2007, 01:51 PM
well i dont no what to get red wrx brakes or sti brembos for my svx, what you guys think? is the brembo way to much of a brake! i sure no there alot of money, or get the red wrx 4pot/2pot set up for my svx. i have the 4pot 2pot on my 350whp gc8 and it slows me down very good from 260kms with out no warping.

The GC8 has way less mass to brng to a stop. You could go with the STi breaks, or look into aftermarket. There is on company that offers a seperate front and rear upgrade for our cars. I cant remember the name of it, but I did post it somewhere on this board. It may have been earlier in one of the origional Brembo brake threads.

svxcess
02-12-2007, 02:49 PM
There is on company that offers a seperate front and rear upgrade for our cars. I cant remember the name of it, but I did post it somewhere on this board. It may have been earlier in one of the origional Brembo brake threads.
svxstarship bought a set from Mov-it out of Germany. Check this thread:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33711&highlight=movit

Really expensive at $2400 for a set of 4. Here is their website:
http://www.movit.de/htm/subarsvx.htm

nico i wrx u
02-12-2007, 08:25 PM
so the wrx 4pot 2pot wont slow me down, but i have everything i need to swap these in a svx and makeing it a 5x100 bolt pattern. i have subaru 16inch six stars and gold fivestar wheels + 17inch wrx wheels and all the parts to make it work with 5x100, would just need to bye the calipers rotors and pads and rear backing plates.

with the brembos its going to cost me like 4grand and then i got to get wheels to make it all work, and i only want subaru wheels and parts only.

it looks like brembos are going to be the only way to go!

thanks for the help guys.

GreenMarine
02-15-2007, 12:05 PM
the other company that does brakes for the SVX is a company in Colorado called Precision Braking (I think).... They have a really good selection of options for the SVX... All the way up to 14" and 6 pistons in the front and 4 pistons and 13.5 in the rear (the last time I checked)... Unfortunantly, they are expensive... But atleast you don't have to go through Germany for replacements :)

svxstarship
02-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Movit kit is fronts only. I am pretty sure a copy of my kit could be made fairly cheap by getting some custom made rotors from colemanracing.com (32mm thickness) and finding a suitable willwood caliper (or other make) to match. A machine shop could easily make the brackets. What do you think?

Crazy_pilot
02-15-2007, 03:37 PM
I found these guys: http://www.revolutionbrake.com/files/specialty-brake-kits.pdf

The SVX options are on page 36. $3200 for a 6 piston, 14 inch front system, another $3000 for a 4 pot 13 inch rear.

svxstarship
02-15-2007, 04:38 PM
I remember seeing that site once before. Ouch!

With a 40mm offset the calipers barely clear the rim spokes with the movit kit (308mm diameter I think) . If they were mounted even higher using for example the 330mm diameter rotor in the revolution kit you would need a wheel with even more offset since wheel spokes curve in the closer the get to the outside of the wheel. The movit kit will fit the stock wheel with longer studs and really big spacers.

Some research on the wilwood site, wilwood.com, would probably turn up a suitable caliper.

nico i wrx u
02-15-2007, 05:54 PM
lots of good info here guys i thank you all for that.

this is whats going on i got my good friend frank at http://www.fourstarmotorsports.com to find me a full drive line brakes diff and 6mt. i can go with 5x100 or 5x114 he siad, what you guys thing, 114 or 100? also should i get dccd or with out for 6mt.

i got off him all ready a 6mt spec c RA tranny (non dccd) that i use in my ej22t dohc motor it makes +350whp, 5th an 6th are shorter then the north american sti gears, it does 260kms but its all most at red line in 6th gear. should i get the longest gears for my svx or tell him to get another spec c ra tranny, i think at 260kms the svx will want lower rpms right, becuse it handles and wind tunnel tested car so long would be better, what you guys think short or long. the car is going to get a tune with open air filter and stright pipe exhuste thats all i will ever do to this motor.

Crazy_pilot
02-15-2007, 06:15 PM
DCCD hasn't has any success as far as I know. The RA tranny is going to give you some really high RPM's while cruising. TomSVX is running a JDM 6MT, and has said that he'd prefer a gearset that gives a lower cruise RPM.

SilverSpear
02-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Movit kit is fronts only. I am pretty sure a copy of my kit could be made fairly cheap by getting some custom made rotors from colemanracing.com (32mm thickness) and finding a suitable willwood caliper (or other make) to match. A machine shop could easily make the brackets. What do you think?

I am in for that project!!