PDA

View Full Version : how do I sell my SVX?

mrsteve
01-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Hello out there.
Not sure if this is an appropriate venue but here it goes...
I am selling my 1994 Barselona Red LSi w/ 103K miles
Mechanically excellent, the body is good (has a couple of door dings), but all else good. Interior is very good, no rips in the leather etc. Has ATF cooler, stage1 ram air filter set up, ECUtune stage 1 chip & shift kit, all professionally installed.
No leaks of any kind. Automatic tranny shifts smoothly, downshifts into passing gear easily when accellerating, no hesitation or raised RPMs in normal shifting.
No wheel bearing niose.
Brakes were replaced (as will as rotors) @ 97,000 miles. New Toyo Proxes TPT tires @ 92,000 miles.
It's truely is fun to drive and has many more mile left in her. I have original owners manuals and a ton of service records.
I am on the Central Coast of Oregon, I am asking $3750.
Steve Beck
541-961-1480

gwarusee
01-29-2007, 05:25 PM
There is a wanted and for sale part on this forum, it will most likely get moved there. post up some pics if you can. for how you describe it your asking price seems very reseonable. any work with the tranny, and or wheel bearings, oil and or tranny leaks, these are all factors that play a mjor role in getting peoples attention.

ensteele
01-29-2007, 08:35 PM
I will move this thread into the proper forum. :)

ensteele
01-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Hello out there.
Not sure if this is an appropriate venue but here it goes...
I am selling my 1994 Barselona Red LSi w/ 103K miles
Mechanically excellent, the body is good (has a couple of door dings), but all else good. Interior is very good, no rips in the leather etc. Has ATF cooler, stage1 ram air filter set up, ECUtune stage 1 chip & shift kit, all professionally installed.
No leaks of any kind. Automatic tranny shifts smoothly, downshifts into passing gear easily when accellerating, no hesitation or raised RPMs in normal shifting.
No wheel bearing niose.
Brakes were replaced (as will as rotors) @ 97,000 miles. New Toyo Proxes TPT tires @ 92,000 miles.
It's truely is fun to drive and has many more mile left in her. I have original owners manuals and a ton of service records.
I am on the Central Coast of Oregon, I am asking $3750.
Steve Beck
541-961-1480

I moved the post into the For Sale section. That is the first thing to do. Now, you need to post some pictures and any other facts about the car and wait for someone who wants one. :)

shelfy
01-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Now, you need to post some pictures and any other facts about the car and wait for someone who wants one. :)who wouldn't want one? or want another one? i'd have more than you if had the space or money. :)

Ricochet
01-30-2007, 09:58 AM
how do I sell my SVX?
1. Take buyer's money
2. Go to bank and sign over the title
3. Walk home with frowny face :(

svxistentialist
01-30-2007, 10:50 AM
Steve

Brian is making a strong case for keeping what seems to be a nice car.;) :D

I agree with him. If you gotta sell it, here are a couple of general hints.

Advertise locally. Far easier to sell to somebody who does not have to come far to see it.

Use a high pixel count good camera to take good pictures of the car. Lookers fall in love with a good picture of a nice car.

Ensure the pictures you use to advertise are the correct shape, usually 800x600. Pictures the wrong shape squeeze up or stretch, and look stupid.

Make sure the For Sale pictures are of the car cleaned up to the best possible. Apply polish. Pictures of the car on a bright wet day work best.

If there is an On-Line advertising facility for cars in your region, or that will search your region, use that. Buyers use them a lot. They can browse by locality, and see good pictures of what they want. [I don't mean eBay]

Good luck

Joe:)

Ricochet
01-30-2007, 10:56 AM
If there is an On-Line advertising facility for cars in your region, or that will search your region, use that. Buyers use them a lot. They can browse by locality, and see good pictures of what they want. [I don't mean eBay]
www.autotrader.com

svxistentialist
01-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Yeah, that's the idea. We have two here in Ireland one called carzone.ie and one called cbg.ie

Either of them is better than that Autotrader you showed. It's polluted with ads. The ads load instantly and unfailingly, yet I can't get to see a picture of any car either using IE or Mozilla:eek: . Bad functionality, bad site.

Autotrader UK works way better than that one you got as well.

But, yeah, that's the idea if you can find a nice portal site that shows good clear pictures.

Joe

Ricochet
01-30-2007, 11:44 AM
so fix your computer and get broadband? Anyways it was just an example.

svxistentialist
01-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Good example Brian, the correct sort of search functions.

I have broadband. I've no idea why the pictures would not show. Maybe the system recognised an out-of-state IP address, and declined to load them. Don't know.

Whatever. More flashing and scrolling ads than make a site comfortable anyway.:p

Joe:)

mrsteve
01-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks for your suggestions...
I have it on Craigslist and tomorrow the local paper (at $4250).
I will try to post some picture for you to see.
mrSteve