PDA

View Full Version : svx problems

pbrizzle86
01-29-2007, 02:20 PM
ok i got a 92 and the knock sensor was bad and i replaced it went fine. but i still have a problem. i have no C.E.L but i am having a problem when i come up to a stop. the cars idle will bounce up and down pretty violently and most offen will stall. i dont know what to do everything looks like it should be fine. the maf is clean. im out of ideas i gave the thing a tune up but had really no effect. any ideas would be great. if it keeps up like this i will have a 92 for sale soon.I like the car but if i wanted to deal with problems everyday i would stick with my honda

Trevor
01-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Exactly what did you do when ------ "i gave the thing a tune up but had really no effect."

Budfreak
01-29-2007, 02:49 PM
ok i got a 92 and the knock sensor was bad and i replaced it went fine. but i still have a problem. i have no C.E.L but i am having a problem when i come up to a stop. the cars idle will bounce up and down pretty violently and most offen will stall. i dont know what to do everything looks like it should be fine. the maf is clean. im out of ideas i gave the thing a tune up but had really no effect. any ideas would be great. if it keeps up like this i will have a 92 for sale soon.I like the car but if i wanted to deal with problems everyday i would stick with my honda

I'm thinking your MAF is on it's way out. Mine acted like that when it had a bad MAF, I replaced it and no problems since.;)

Manarius
01-29-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm thinking your MAF is on it's way out. Mine acted like that when it had a bad MAF, I replaced it and no problems since.;)I second budfreak's assessment.

pbrizzle86
01-29-2007, 07:11 PM
i will switch out the maf i got another one handy. as for the tune up i did plugs, fuel filter,cleaned maf, sea foamed it both in the oil and through the vacum line. the injectors were professionaly cleaned by the previous owner about 1500 miles before i got ahold of itand yeah thats prettymuch it. cant rember if i did anything else to it. tune up wise that is, oh yeah checked out the timing and it was still on the money

NikFu S.
01-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Did you check your IAC valve?

pbrizzle86
01-30-2007, 11:15 AM
i swiched out the maf sensor but it did not fix the problem. gained some power back though. we cleaned thethrotle bodys today and it seemed to help but did not solve the problem. how do i go about cleaning the iac and yes i did a seach and as usual i could not find it and im not looking through all those dam posts. hate the seach, absolulty hate it never comes up with what you want to see on any forum i have been on. i asume it just unbolts but i dont want to take it off if i dont have to. thanks for any help Paul

Manarius
01-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Did you reset the ECU when you swapped out the MAF? This is crucial. You have to reset the ECU.

pbrizzle86
01-31-2007, 09:48 AM
yeah i reset the ecu when i swaped the maf. still got the problem though. im thinking that im going to get rid of the svx and go back to the honda or something i dont know. ive had the car for a month and have put 500 bucks in parts in the thing. not to happy. but oh well.

pbrizzle86
02-02-2007, 11:07 AM
well i got everything taken care of an got the AWD working good again. but now i have decided to sell the svx. im sure this is the wrong place to post it but whatever. Its a 1992 svx with 115 thousand miles on it. tranny shifts like new and everything works well on the car. its silver and black with a few blemishes on the body. i will be posting pics and such in the proper forum probly by monday. if anybody is interested in the minnesota area or where ever if you want to drive to get it let me know. Thanks, Paul Brisson. {any questions you can always PM me}