PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Yahoo SVX Club

SVXphile
05-07-2001, 05:55 PM
I just clicked on the Yahoo clubsite, and noticed there was no place to sign on. When I clicked on "Join" I was told the club had been disbanded!!!

...I knew Eddycat was gonna burn the place up!!!

:rolleyes: Don

tat2skullz
05-07-2001, 06:26 PM
Yeah, thats kinda weird, but I think that something in the entire Yahoo club system $hit the bed. I am (was?) a memeber of a few other clubs, and all but one have "dissapeared".

If it was a mistake, there is a network admin somewhere thats probably getting reamed from one side of the WWW to the other. :eek:

John19688
05-07-2001, 07:00 PM
I just checked out Yahoo clubs and whatever was wrong has been fixed. But I noticed that the "Powered by Compaq" was gone. Hmmm...maybe they're working on a new logo..."Underpowered by Compaq"
:D

SVXphile
05-09-2001, 06:43 PM
Maybe Yahoo is one of those that has been hacked by the Chinese.

Maybe we could retalitate by sending them Message 40...

:D Don

svxxx26
05-10-2001, 09:09 AM
I've been trying to get on the Yahoo site for the last couple of days. Tried this morning, and the message list is still way behind. I can use the "cozypup" fix to read the posts, but it's kind of cumbersome for 100+ posts!:eek:
Makes me appreciate this site all the more . . . :D

tat2skullz
05-10-2001, 10:03 AM
Holy Cow! That place is in absolute chaos! I tried to see what was going on, but the 40 bug bit after every other message..... They think we're "over here, laughing at" them.... I know I am, kind of....

(In my best booming voice imitation) It's a sign Yahoo's, it's a sign... go towards the network, go towards the network!:eek:

Aredubjay
05-10-2001, 11:37 AM
I even TRIED to break my "vow of silence" last night and it wouldn't let me. But, I'm not (snick) uh, (uha), um (haha) laughing. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SVXphile
05-10-2001, 12:53 PM
I like your white SVX there Aredub of Jay, but I notice the wheels aren't moving and the window doesn't go up and down, and the friendly driver doesn't wave.....

....stalled perhaps?

(if someone would be willing to design one of those for me....big bucks await you. Drop me a private message...Don;)

Aredubjay
05-10-2001, 01:21 PM
Don, Henry Yei is the desinger. He posted about the details on this a few months ago. Don't know where. That's why I just saved it as a static .gif file. I'll be trying to look for the animated one later. I also have to paint my spoiler.

newsvx
05-12-2001, 06:36 AM
Don, Randy, Earl, Jerry, John,
Okay, SNOWSHOE Gang. I'm here at the new site struggling to figure it out - too use to Yahoo, I suppose. Or perhaps it's my age catching up. We'll see how this works.
Don, I was just on the Yahoo site and it was up - not functioning well, but it was up.
Anyway, I assum one doesn't sign in here with a password, etc??
Anything one should know about this site to make it easier? How about instructions?

newsvx (Harry)

eddycat2000
05-12-2001, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by SVXphile
I like your white SVX there Aredub of Jay, but I notice the wheels aren't moving and the window doesn't go up and down, and the friendly driver doesn't wave.....

....stalled perhaps?

I think it's on the side of the road with busted transmission. Aredub locked it up and went to get a tow truck. Fortunately he has a spare tranny in his chicken coop.:)

Aredubjay
05-12-2001, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by eddycat2000

I think it's on the side of the road with busted transmission. Aredub locked it up and went to get a tow truck. Fortunately he has a spare tranny in his chicken coop.:)

Just for your information mister . . . I moved it to the corn crib. :D