PDA

View Full Version : Security remote....programming question.

Dayton-Dave
01-19-2007, 10:42 PM
I bought an aftermarket remote....I can not seem to get the car to go into programming mode so I can program the remote to the system.

Two different sources have given the following instructions for programming:

1) Turn security switch off.

2) Turn key switch on...then off, leaving key in switch.

3) Immediately turn security switch on....then off, repeatedly until the flashers go on and the horn beeps.

4) Then press the remote four times and the system should accept it.

Doing all this and I can not get the car to get into the flasher/horn thing.
Yet the security system works as it should otherwise.

Am I doing something wrong? What if I disconnect/reconnect the battery and then try it.

Dave

svxcess
01-20-2007, 11:30 AM
I bought an aftermarket remote....I can not seem to get the car to go into programming mode so I can program the remote to the system.

Two different sources have given the following instructions for programming:

1) Turn security switch off.

2) Turn key switch on...then off, leaving key in switch.

3) Immediately start rapidly pressing the security switch on and off repeatedy, until the flashers go on and the horn beeps.

4) Then press the remote four times and the system should accept it.

Doing all this and I can not get the car to get into the flasher/horn thing.
Yet the security system works as it should otherwise.

Dave

It may take a few times to get it into programming mode. The key here is to press the security button on and off repeatedly as fast as you can.

Once into the programming mode, you will press the remote button slowly each time.

SomethingElse
01-20-2007, 06:40 PM
when your security button is in the on position does your light flash or does it stay lit constantly?

Dayton-Dave
01-23-2007, 06:25 AM
Must have done the procedure 30 times over 10 days....but it finally came on and allowed me to program the remote. Got mine from keylessride.com for $45.00. Nice small thin remote. Recommend it.

Dave

SSSVX
01-23-2007, 03:23 PM
It may take a few times to get it into programming mode. The key here is to press the security button on and off repeatedly as fast as you can.

Once into the programming mode, you will press the remote button slowly each time.

John, any idea what kind of frequency SVX is using on the remote? It seems that the keylessride is compatible to some other cars not only the SVx. Quite an universal remote control.

Aredubjay
01-23-2007, 03:49 PM
when your security button is in the on position does your light flash or does it stay lit constantly?

Your light should flash. A constant light generally means that your system is inop.

ensteele
01-23-2007, 06:52 PM
That may also mean that you need a new module. :o

SomethingElse
01-27-2007, 07:44 AM
That may also mean that you need a new module. :o

I was thinking the same thing. But since this car seems to be a real head turner Its time to upgrade to a remote start with security system,engine kill..etc.

found this @ circuit city what a great deal!! 200 installed!!

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/bundleDetail.do?oid=119439&bundleId=6859&c=1&cm_re=main%20marquee-_-Beat%20the%20cold%20weather%E2%80%94get%20a%20remo te%20start-_-DEI%20Python%201400XP%20remote%20start/keyless%20entry%20system%E2%80%94includes%20instal lation

Ken92SVX
02-04-2007, 11:28 AM
I have had a problem with my security system and it has not worked since I got the car last year. I got a used security module because when the secuirty sytem was on the light was steady and would not flash. Yesterday I finally had some time and swapped out the security module. :o Finally, the security light would flash and I was able to program the remote without a problem. They key is if the light flashes, I gather from my experience.