PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 info

TomsSVX
01-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Can someone feed me a link to Level10's website... I gotta try and find a decent trans rebuild kit... I am actually gonna give it a shot and see how I fair at this.:cool:

Tom

SVXRide
01-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Can someone feed me a link to Level10's website... I gotta try and find a decent trans rebuild kit... I am actually gonna give it a shot and see how I fair at this.:cool:

Tom

Tom,

http://www.levelten.com/

They're over in NJ -- 973-827-1000

-Bill

cdigerlando
01-19-2007, 03:41 PM

Tom

I have not been a big proponent of manual transmissions, due to the power of a modified EG33, but I thought that your setup should have worked with the extra beefy 6 speed trans (although and expensive option). Did something bad happen?

It's Just Eric
01-19-2007, 04:43 PM
My guess is either his arm is tired (Close ratio trans makes for a rowboat) or he is going to use the tranny in something else:)

SomethingElse
01-19-2007, 05:00 PM
I was contemplating the same thing. people give stock trannys away if they can. the majority of the ones ive seen need front diffs. if someone who did tranny swaps and has about ten of them laying around theres plenty of practice. the rebuild kits i looked at are about 400 and change. I wont do it thou cause i cant test them outside of the car. or provide a warranty.

TomsSVX
01-19-2007, 05:26 PM
The 6mt is just fine no worries;) And it is definately not going anywhere.

I am looking to start rebuilding transmissions for svxers. Not your run of the mill 4eat rebuild either. Someone I know is putting together a monster rebuild kit for modified 4eat's and before I say I wanna do this I want to rebuild a stock auto to be sure I am confident enough. I will test the tranny in my new pearly(yet to pick up). Then I will take it back out and put a 5mt in that car... The trans will then be for sale to the public:D .

Tom

TomsSVX
01-19-2007, 06:00 PM
I think I am gonna save a couple hundred dollars for my first time rebuild... I am going to order the rebuild kit from importdrivetrain.com. I am going to get the full kit along with new steels as well. I need to ask them if a new brake band comes with it too.

Tom

TomsSVX
01-19-2007, 06:04 PM
I was contemplating the same thing. people give stock trannys away if they can. the majority of the ones ive seen need front diffs. if someone who did tranny swaps and has about ten of them laying around theres plenty of practice. the rebuild kits i looked at are about 400 and change. I wont do it thou cause i cant test them outside of the car. or provide a warranty.

The trans I am using for my rebuild actually has nothing wrong with it:rolleyes: . I just finished putting together another trans that needed a new front diff and that is for sale as we speak. But I got this one for $35 and it has a good front diff and all the friction materials look fine. I just want to do it for my own confidence

Tom

demonsvx
01-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I also seen this place building performance trans http://www.importperformancetrans.com/
give them a look
Heres what they got for Subaru http://www.importperformancetrans.com/subaruauto.shtml