PDA

View Full Version : Schedule of Events

ensteele
01-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Has anybody got a schedule of events yet? When people arrive and other events. Just thought I would check before getting a ticket so I don't miss anything. :)

Aredubjay
01-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Friday night -- earlybirds get together, drink beer look at cars, go to bar, look at cars, drink beer.

Saturday -- have breakfast, look at cars, drink beer. look at cars, drink beer. Go to lunch. Look at cars. Drink beer.

Saturday Night -- run to beer depot to get more beer. Look at cars. Drink beer. Go to dinner, eat, drink beer. Go back to hotel parking lot. Look at cars, drink beer. By now, you're out of beer. You start hittin' up Green-eyed lady for some of her Asti. If she refuses, go to Ron's box and draw off a paper cup full of his fine vintage grapes of wrath. Fall upstairs to bed. Get in bed. Put one foot on floor to keep room from spinning -- won't stop -- run to bathroom and YAK! Lay down on nice, cool bathroom floor 'til...

Housekeeping wakes you on SUNDAY -- find that everyone else has left, walk to your car, alone and dejected and go home.

That 'bout cover it y'all? :D :D :D :D

Crazy_pilot
01-24-2007, 03:10 PM
...walk to your car, alone and dejected, go home, drink beer.

Forgot that last point.;)

ensteele
01-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Hey, that sounds great!!! Do we ever get together and have a drink and talk about the cars - you know, the SVX? :rolleyes: ;) :) :)

Aredubjay
01-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Forgot that last point.;)

OOOPSEY!:D

Budfreak
01-26-2007, 03:49 PM
1 Event to look forward to is Budfreak getting completely wasted off of asti, budweiser, yengling, and jaegermeister and letting Mrs. Budfreak completely abuse his Road Demon in the parking lot upon which afterwards they leave the sunroof popped open in a non stop downpour all night so they have a neat little pool in the SVX to call there own in the morning.:o:D:p:(

ensteele
01-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Friday night -- earlybirds get together, buy Earl a beer, look at cars, go to bar, look at cars, buy Earl a beer.

Saturday -- have breakfast, look at cars, buy Earl a beer. look at cars, buy Earl a beer. Go to lunch. Look at cars. Drink beer and buy Earl a beer.
Saturday Night -- run to beer depot to get more beer for Earl. Look at cars. Buy Earl a beer. Go to dinner, eat, buy Earl a beer. Go back to hotel parking lot. Look at cars, buy Earl a beer. By now, you're out of beer - Earl drank it all. You start hittin' up Green-eyed lady for some of her Asti. If she refuses, go to Ron's box and draw off a paper cup full of his fine vintage grapes of wrath for Earl. Fall upstairs to bed. Get in bed. Put one foot on floor to keep room from spinning -- won't stop -- run to bathroom and YAK! Lay down on nice, cool bathroom floor 'til...

Housekeeping wakes you on SUNDAY -- find that everyone else has left, walk to your car, alone and dejected so before you go home, you decide to buy Earl a beer. You also feel guilty for not buying Earl enough beer before you fell on your face the night before. :eek: :rolleyes:

Randy - I fixed your post!!! :rolleyes: :o

svxfiles
02-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Don't forget "MONSOON MADNESS!":D
Thats the game where you get REALLY, REALLY drunk and change Ken Lee's ball joints at midnight, in the dark, in the high wind, in the rain, under water, while drunk!:rolleyes:
Young Tom, wana play?:rolleyes:

SSSVX
02-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Thats the game where you get REALLY, REALLY drunk and change Ken Lee's ball joints at midnight, in the dark, in the high wind, in the rain, under water, while drunk!:rolleyes:

Thank you "young" Tom and the big "old" Tom. :D :p :o
I hope that's no rain, not as cold, no high wind, for this year. So you can change more this time, I'd get the parts ready if I come. :D
PS: Young Tom, hope your finger cut is recovered by now. Thanks. :D

Earl, if I make it, that'll be my "pressure" to meet you. You should take some vacations, buy a big-big truck, (like they delivered all the new cars), park all your SVXi at the back and drive to Reading. That'll definitely help increase the number of SVXi attended for sure.
:D-:D

Budfreak
02-06-2007, 12:56 PM

HAHAHAHAHA! That was the greatest thing I've ever witnessed at 1 in the morning!:D

Ricochet
02-06-2007, 01:26 PM
You guys have no idea how much I'd love to go now that he put it that way :(

svxfiles
02-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I just got off the phone with Maple Grove Raceway,
http://www.maplegroveraceway.com/eventschedule.asp
and they will be racing Saturday April 21st!
If you want to race for a trophy, have street tires and a closed exhaust, they will let you run for $25.00!:cool:
We are to call them as the Reading Event draws closer to see when they open, but for now it's 11:00 A.M.

I know it's not the parking lot speedway, but it's close and LEGAL!!!:cool:

Budfreak
02-06-2007, 01:49 PM
I just got off the phone with Maple Grove Raceway,
http://www.maplegroveraceway.com/eventschedule.asp
and they will be racing Saturday April 21st!
If you want to race for a trophy, have street tires and a closed exhaust, they will let you run for $25.00!:cool:
We are to call them as the Reading Event draws closer to see when they open, but for now it's 11:00 A.M.

I know it's not the parking lot speedway, but it's close and LEGAL!!!:cool:

YAY!!! No more intimidation visits from the Reading Police Dept.!:D I'm in if I have a car ready.:o

TomsSVX
02-06-2007, 02:27 PM
You guys have no idea how much I'd love to go now that he put it that way :(

if you want, I can try and get your car to be there if it is not at home by then...:D :D

Tom, I'd rather not participate in the Monsoon Madness again... too much risk of infection:D :D :rolleyes:

I will definately be up for running the drag... We could have a rally to get there:cool:

Tom

TomsSVX
02-06-2007, 02:29 PM
holy crap!! it is literally right around the corner... awsome!!

Tom

SVXRide
02-06-2007, 03:33 PM
YES!!!

Note to Tom -- please call Maple Grove and make sure they have no brick walls in the staging or finish line areas (beat ya to it Ben!!:p )

-Bill (out to set the NA SVX 1/4 mile record in '07!)

TomsSVX
02-06-2007, 03:56 PM
lets hope there are no gaurdrails around either:rolleyes: :D

svxcess
02-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Are there any tech sessions or demonstrations scheduled for this year?

ensteele
02-06-2007, 09:13 PM
I bet AreDub will do his famous PS O-Ring Replacement.:rolleyes: :D :D :D

TomsSVX
02-06-2007, 09:54 PM
whatever you want... I am sure plenty of people could benefit from them... Lets just hope for dry weather this time

Tom

Aredubjay
02-07-2007, 10:40 PM
I bet AreDub will do his famous PS O-Ring Replacement.:rolleyes: :D :D :D

Yeah, yeah, yeah....I torque the bolts a little light, being careful not to over-torque (since it wasn't my car) and I gotta get poo-poo for the rest of my life. Sheesh. Just be glad I didn't change your oil.:p :D

RSVX
02-08-2007, 05:28 AM
What about the timing on the famous Chris and Kelli defacings of Randys SVX?

TomsSVX
02-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Fri night: Everyone gather and meet/greet. Ben and Dave, get ready to get dirty, I want to get cracking on the 5speed swap that night

Sat morning.. Tech session 1: Solenoid C replacement on Bill's pearly if he shows up with that car

tom

ensteele
02-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah....I torque the bolts a little light, being careful not to over-torque (since it wasn't my car) and I gotta get poo-poo for the rest of my life. Sheesh. Just be glad I didn't change your oil.:p :D

I have been thanking my lucky stars every day after that. :D :D :p

The best part that I remember was that you put the bottle of fluid under the front of the car so nobody would kick or spill it. Yep, that's what happened, sombody with BIG FEET found it. :D :D :D

TomsSVX
03-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Saturday, we will be running a road rally for those iterested... For the prize, we will include one of the things from the raffle collection for the winner. I am not sure what time on Saturday the rally will start... Dave, got any ideas for when we will send them off??

Tom

Hocrest
03-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Saturday, we will be running a road rally for those iterested... For the prize, we will include one of the things from the raffle collection for the winner. I am not sure what time on Saturday the rally will start... Dave, got any ideas for when we will send them off??

Tom
I guess it's going to depend on what's going on at at Maple Grove?? Old Tom, any idea what that schedule is looking like??

strange179
03-19-2007, 05:46 PM

Tom

Are there going to be two racing events on Saturday or just the rally? I was reading above about a racing event at Maple Grove and I just wanted to clarify if that was still going on as well.

Jay

svxfiles
03-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Are there going to be two racing events on Saturday or just the rally? I was reading above about a racing event at Maple Grove and I just wanted to clarify if that was still going on as well.

Jay
A couple of the "Speed Freaks" (:mad: ) will tarnish the stellar reputation of the SVX group by "Drag Racing" our fine GRAND TOURING Machines!:mad: at Maple Grove!:mad:

Mine will be the insanely fast SUPERCHARGED automatic!:D :cool: :rolleyes:

Grand Touring my @ss!

TomsSVX
03-19-2007, 08:53 PM
you have got it right... hte road rally is not time based but mileage based. So, for your convenience, we had the rally run right next door to the race track in order to allow people running the rally to come in and spectate. The rally will run the same time as the drag races

Tom

LarryIII
03-20-2007, 05:53 AM
Friday night -- earlybirds get together, drink beer look at cars, go to bar, look at cars, drink beer.

Saturday -- have breakfast, look at cars, drink beer. look at cars, drink beer. Go to lunch. Look at cars. Drink beer.

Saturday Night -- run to beer depot to get more beer. Look at cars. Drink beer. Go to dinner, eat, drink beer. Go back to hotel parking lot. Look at cars, drink beer. By now, you're out of beer. You start hittin' up Green-eyed lady for some of her Asti. If she refuses, go to Ron's box and draw off a paper cup full of his fine vintage grapes of wrath. Fall upstairs to bed. Get in bed. Put one foot on floor to keep room from spinning -- won't stop -- run to bathroom and YAK! Lay down on nice, cool bathroom floor 'til...

Housekeeping wakes you on SUNDAY -- find that everyone else has left, walk to your car, alone and dejected and go home.

Randy,

On Friday, you forgot "eating Italian pastry" while drinking beer, for those who arrive before midnight.

Earl, I hope you like cannoli and the other one which I can say, but not even begin to try to spell. Phonetically it is pronouned 'svill-ya-tel'

green_eyed_lady
03-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Randy,

On Friday, you forgot "eating Italian pastry" while drinking beer, for those who arrive before midnight.

Earl, I hope you like cannoli and the other one which I can say, but not even begin to try to spell. Phonetically it is pronouned 'svill-ya-tel'

From the site Moio's Italian Pastry Shop (http://www.moios.com/index2.htm) (in Monroeville, PA -- just outside of Pittsburgh):

Sfogliatelle: It means "many layers". A crispy shell stuffed with a baked ricotta cream with pieces of candied fruit inside.

http://www.mozzicatobakery.com/pix/slideshow/pastry6.jpg
Photo courtesy of Mozzicato DePasquale Bakery & Pastry Shop (http://www.mozzicatobakery.com/), Hartford, CT.

:D :D :D

svxcess
03-20-2007, 08:43 AM

The name is Sfogliatella (pronounced sfo-lyah-TEL-e ) and more info can be found HERE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sfogliatella)

ensteele
03-20-2007, 09:27 PM

Bring it on! :D :D :D

LarryIII
03-21-2007, 04:18 AM
Earl,

I will have some Italian pastry reserved just for you. Also, If you fly on USeless Air into Philly be sure to carry-on everything. US Air has a distinct habit of losing luggage, especially in the Philly airport, which is their hub.

Did I mention sweet Italian desert wine to comliment the pastry......who says the Ferrari club members are the only ones who appreciate the finer things in life?:D

ensteele
03-21-2007, 07:07 PM
I will only have carry on luggage so I can get out of there quickly and not worry about them loosing it. :o They are not the only ones to loose luggage. :(

ensteele
03-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Earl,

Did I mention sweet Italian desert wine to comliment the pastry......who says the Ferrari club members are the only ones who appreciate the finer things in life?:D

At first I missed this. I get it! Ron will be bringing Box-O-Sweet Italian Desert Wine! You can always depend on Ron to appreciate the finer things in life. :D :D

Oooops, did I say depends? :rolleyes:

TomsSVX
03-21-2007, 09:27 PM
For a select few glasses, maybe I will bring some of Mama's homemade Chianti, which is absolutley delicious:)

tom

TomsSVX
03-23-2007, 12:25 PM
As it turns out, the pearly i just sold has some leaky front seals... Friday afternoon/evening I will be doing a tech session on how to replace them;) As well as a timing belt replacement...etc...

Tom

ensteele
03-23-2007, 03:31 PM
I am looking forward to the tech sessions. I am always ready to learn something or a different way of doing things. :) :)

LetItSnow
04-02-2007, 07:42 AM
How much goes on on Sunday? I've got a buddy from Mahopac who's going to be in Allentown for the weekend who'd like to stop by, and he doesn't think he'll be able to make it on Saturday.

svxcess
04-02-2007, 08:13 AM
How much goes on on Sunday? I've got a buddy from Mahopac who's going to be in Allentown for the weekend who'd like to stop by, and he doesn't think he'll be able to make it on Saturday.
Actually, not a lot happens on Sinday.

On Saturday night most members are up late, hanging in the parking lot or the lounge, until the wee hours. Members leave at various times on Sunday, depending on the distances they have to drive.

Most have breakfast and hang around until checkout time and leave. There are no events scheduled for Sunday, but some impromptu plans may be made by local members.

Then people start thinking about Lafayette II or Reading IX... :)

svxxx26
04-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Just TWO WEEKS to Reading and tonight it's snowing!:eek:

Hocrest
04-06-2007, 09:59 PM
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=19543

Friday 4/20
Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s.

Budfreak
04-06-2007, 10:06 PM
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=19543

Friday 4/21
Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s.

Uuuhh, You might want to check that date again Dave.:rolleyes::D

Hocrest
04-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Uuuhh, You might want to check that date again Dave.:rolleyes::D

Oops.. Fixed :)

paladinwkh
04-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Maybe if all you kids have time we can figure out why my trans is smoking :rolleyes: or why my passenger side window won't go down or up... For some reason it stays open with a 1 inch gap(the motor works...) :confused: Considering I just put 3k into the car it should be running like a top...
New PS lines and hoses
New trans lines and hoses
New T-belt
New water pump
new cam and crank seals
Full tune up
New rear wheel bearings
I'm making the local dealer very wealthy:eek:

OH and why my cruise control doesn't work :rolleyes:

Bringing the Legacy with me to tow the SVX home ;)

92 Teal SVX :Catheryn: 134K
03 Legacy :Trisha: 160K (NEW Nose, Paint and Trans (Woo Hoo!)) :D
06 HHR (WHAT THE HE**?!) :AKA Orange Aid:

joburnet
04-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Maybe if all you kids have time we can figure out why my trans is smoking :rolleyes: or why my passenger side window won't go down or up... For some reason it stays open with a 1 inch gap(the motor works...) :confused: Considering I just put 3k into the car it should be running like a top...
New PS lines and hoses
New T-belt
New water pump
new cam and crank seals
Full tune up
New rear wheel bearings

I have the same problem with my window, I'm assuming that it's off the track and something is probably broken. I was going to take it apart and see what's up but I have several more important issues first.

Budfreak
04-13-2007, 11:12 PM
So we have to choose between the Rally and drag Racing?:confused: DAMMIT. Drag racing it is.:D(If I kill my front diff again can I get a tow?:o)

ensteele
04-14-2007, 10:56 AM
New PS lines and hoses
New T-belt
New water pump
new cam and crank seals
Full tune up
New rear wheel bearings

I am sure we can tear it down for you, but I am not sure we can get it working or back together. :D :D

angrydan
04-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Not to be a P.I.T.A., but does anyone have an update regarding to (roughly) what will be going on when? I'm a Reading first timer...and I get that this is all pretty informal, I just don't want to show up on Sat and everyone is gone! :eek:

If there is a lot going on Friday, I might try to sneak out of work early. I live pretty close to Morgantown, so I will be commuting back and fourth, and didn't want to miss anything (esp. on Saturday!)

Thanks guys!

TomsSVX
04-17-2007, 04:25 PM
be there by 9-10am on saturday... friday is really just a lot of meeting, eating(italian pastries) and drinking:D

Tom

Edit: fixed it for ya Larry

LarryIII
04-18-2007, 05:50 AM
be there by 9-10am on saturday... friday is really just a lot of meeting and drinking:D

Tom

Tom,

Friday is also for eating Italian pastry while drinking sweet Italian desert wine (no box-o-wine here).
Maybe a sugar high is what I need to get in the spirit.

svxfiles
04-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Tom,

Friday is also for eating Italian pastry while drinking sweet Italian desert wine (no box-o-wine here).
Nope!
Larry you NEED some Nasti-Asti!:D ;)

Oh, wait, that IS a sugar high!:o Nevermind.

TomsSVX
04-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Tom,

Larry!!! snap out of it!!!! We have 2 days until I will be leaving for Reading and you are not in the spirit??? Do I need to come down there and revive the spirit?? Ill be there 2am tomorrow:D :D

Tom

green_eyed_lady
04-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Nope!
Larry you NEED some Nasti-Asti!:D ;)

Oh, wait, that IS a sugar high!:o Nevermind.
Don't forget to splash some O.J. (the beverage, not the wife-killer) in there for a little potassium (and more sugar). :D

rvnmaniac
04-18-2007, 09:59 AM
What time is lunch at the Holiday Inn Saturday..........

svxcess
04-18-2007, 10:10 AM
What time is lunch at the Holiday Inn Saturday...?
11:30am - 1:30pm

Click HERE (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32082&page=2) for menu offerings at post #23.

angrydan
04-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Is there a signup for lunch?

Aredubjay
04-18-2007, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE=paladinwkh]Maybe if all you kids have time we can figure out why my trans is smoking :rolleyes: or why my passenger side window won't go down or up... For some reason it stays open with a 1 inch gap(the motor works...) :confused: QUOTE]

Lemme see...

Tranny smokin': Either they didn't get the PS lines tight or, you've got a leaking tranny cooler line.

You probably need the window clip, an easy fix. Order part #62101PA081, do a search for the procedure.

See y'all at Reading!

ensteele
04-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Great Randy! I will be there with bells on! :D :D :D I leave early tomorrow AM and will be on my way. Don't forget your stripes! :rolleyes: ;) :D :D

green_eyed_lady
04-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Great Randy! I will be there with bells on! :D :D :D I leave early tomorrow AM and will be on my way. Don't forget your stripes! :rolleyes: ;) :D :D
Must be getting close! People are leaving home already!

ensteele
04-18-2007, 04:40 PM
It's a long walk or flight! Then I will drive. :D :D

What was that movie - Planes, Trains and Automobiles? :D

LetItSnow
04-18-2007, 05:41 PM
What was that movie - Planes, Trains and Automobiles?
That's how I got the Pearly... Plane to Newark, Train to Philly, Automobile back to Syracuse!

Aredubjay
04-18-2007, 11:23 PM
It's a long walk or flight! Then I will drive. :D :D

What was that movie - Planes, Trains and Automobiles? :D

THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!!!!

Aredubjay
04-18-2007, 11:26 PM

Uhm....I'm not going to wear my stripes around you if you're gonna be wearing BELLS!:eek:

ensteele
04-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Uhm....I'm not going to wear my stripes around you if you're gonna be wearing BELLS!:eek:

Shucks! :o :(