PDA

View Full Version : surge refereshing beverage or seriously flawed plan?

Suby Fan
01-13-2007, 01:16 PM
am i missing something here how is sending more people to die a good idea?

craftylandshark
01-13-2007, 02:06 PM
The administration and some of the generals seem to believe the surge will overwhelm the insurgencey (oh the etymological irony). But I tend to agree with you. Given what we've seen so far, once actual direct confrontation between our forces and theirs begins, we tend to come out on top without too much difficulty. The issue, as CNN is so fond of drumming into our heads, is the guerilla action (IED's and the like). So yeah, it seems pretty obvious that 20,000 more troops means 20,000 more targets. Not to downplay the death of dedicated American soldiers in any way, but what may be of more long-term importance is that this ALSO means 20,000 more visible catalysts for NEW insurgents.

Electrophil
01-13-2007, 05:28 PM
It's the dumbest plan since the administration's last plan. They really need to pick up a history book.

Say..... didn't we do this same thing in Vietnam? Did it work for the British during the U.S. revolution?

How about any other time between those two?

This administration is the biggest mistake since ... since....

Ahh hell, they "are" the biggest mistake.

Crazy_pilot
01-13-2007, 06:07 PM
This is the stage where they panic, realize (finally) that things aren't working, and conclude that a bigger hammer is needed.

demonsvx
01-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Heres my plan
A. Bring the troops home
B. Nuke downtown Baghdad
C. Other Middle East countries-come to the table for negotiations or face plan B
D. Peace by Force

Bobb
01-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi Everyone, Some listener to NPR wrote in to say that we had 200,000 deaths in WW2 and only 3,000 in Iraq. Of course he overlooked the fact that in WW2 we got our world back and in Iraq we will get nothing. Its not to often that one dumb move[going there] is followed by a stroke of genius. [sending more troops over] O yeah, he thought that made Iraq a good deal. Take care, BOBB

Electrophil
01-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Heres my plan
B. Nuke downtown Baghdad
C. Other Middle East countries-come to the table for negotiations or face plan B

Cracking me up.:D :D