PDA

View Full Version : Wrx exhaust and paint

Bizarre
01-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Hey team,

Will a WRX exhaust fit an svx?

and

What is the part number for the black paint on a 95 SVX?

Thanks,
Adrian

NikFu S.
01-10-2007, 08:42 PM
What part of the exhaust?

Firstly, you cannot hotswap a WRX exhaust into the SVX. Main reason is there won't be enough headers. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/|Z|Ryuken/emotes/lol.gif You also have no place to put a downpipe.

Secondly, the undercarriage of both cars were designed with their respective exhausts in mind, and I do not believe they match, so you would need new piping, which is cheap anyway.

Thirdly, I think unless you converted it to a dual outlet, it would look stupid. At least one person is using a single outlet and their exit tip is huge.

If you just want the muffler, or some other random part, sure, you can stuff whatever you want under there. :)

svxcess
01-10-2007, 09:09 PM
What is the part number for the black paint on a 95 SVX?
The paint code for the 1995 Ebony Pearl is 235.

Bizarre
01-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Looking to improve performance. Not looking to impress high school chicks with a low bass note. Pls recommend a system that improves mileage and is less constricting. If you know manuf. and part number that would be awesome.

NikFu S.
01-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Looking to improve performance. Not looking to impress high school chicks with a low bass note. Pls recommend a system that improves mileage and is less constricting. If you know manuf. and part number that would be awesome.
The SVX muffler was designed to greatly reduce exhaust noise, which it does very well. It creates a lot of backpressure in the process as RPMs rise.
Replacing your stock muffler should improve your mid range a bit.

Deleting your muffler as I have done, and as a few other people have done, will noticably improve your mid range power, with no noticable loss of low end. If you go this route, be sure to add at least one resonator. One before each exit tip should work pretty well.

I'll get back to you and everyone on mileage as soon as summer hits.

--
One member seemed to have great success with a true dual set up. If you are not wary of emissions laws or do not require a bi-annual emissions check with your reregistration, you can delete your cats and go true dual with something like 2-2.25 inch pipe. I cannot vouch for this system but I read from that member here overall performance was improved immensely.

I am pretty satisfied with my muffler delete. :) It did more than I expected and is not as loud as I originally thought, so I am not getting pulled over. Though it is much louder than stock, I'm not sure it is even audible to the other motorists.

--

If you really want a muffler, Borla ($$$) > Stebro ($$) > Magnaflow ($) is the popular way to go.