PDA

View Full Version : Window colour scheme for '92

flygkapten
01-09-2007, 01:16 AM
I'm nor really sure that this post belongs here, but here goes:

Can anyone sort out the different colours that were available on the '92?
I know that there were at leat two colours available (I think they were grey and well, no colour?).

I'm having problems with getting a front passenger window replaced.

Anything could help.

Thanks,
David
Red '92.

svxcess
01-09-2007, 01:35 AM
David,

First let's define what color your car is. Look at the trim plate under the hood of your car, by the strut tower, for your color code and find it is on this chart:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/svxcess/40451.xls

In 1992, I all the interiors were gray, which had the blue/gray glass. The only exception was paint code 265, which had gray interior and bronze glass.

All beige interiors starting in 1993 had bronze glass.

b3lha
01-09-2007, 03:13 AM

I know that there were at leat two colours available (I think they were grey and well, no colour?).

Anything could help.

Thanks,
David
Red '92.

The colours are different depending on which market your car was produced for. I think svxcess may be talking about the American version. As your profile says you are from Sweden, I assume you have the Euro version.

I think all of the UK cars have bronze tinted glass. Your Euro car is likely similar to this.
Early Japanese cars have either blue or bronze tinted glass depending on the paint colour. Some later Japanese cars have clear glass.

Phil.

huck369
01-09-2007, 05:16 AM

Anything could help.

Thanks,
David
Red '92.

David,
Take a plain white sheet of paper and hold it to the inside of the corresponding glass on the other side of the car, and see if it looks blue, or bronze, from the outside of the glass
This is the method my glass guy told me once, and it has always worked for me.