PDA

View Full Version : motor ideas

19svx94
12-29-2006, 01:41 AM
hello, i just finished pulling my motor because there was a very loud metal to metal clanking, the motor would not make power, and i was burning oil like crazy

i pulled the pass side head because i thought thats where the noise was coming from and i found a broken piston, the furthest back piston (not sure on numbers of pistons on this motor), with how cheap i can pick up a used motor i would go that route before rebuilding my whole motor since i dont have the money to build the engine with custom parts and just want a reliable car, any suggestions on how to fix it

oh, i have a parts car with the engine block broken in a few places, but the internals are all good, and the heads are good

ensteele
12-29-2006, 10:05 PM
I have seen engines go for $500 to $1,500. I don't know if that is in your price range or not. :)

laserx
12-30-2006, 10:21 AM
My engine blew (head gasket) last Wednesday night. Took it to my dealer (had the same dealer and mechanic since I bought it new in 92) who said it was not worth fixing my old engine (392k) and said he get me a new used JDM engine. This was Thursday morning 10:30, my car was ready for pick up with the new engine on Friday at 3:30. They got me a JDM with 48k on it, put in new plugs, timing belt and water pump, installed along with rebuilding my air conditioning compressor (broken bearings), and new front breaks $2500.00 CDN It's like I've got a new car, runs like a "spring chicken". Worth every penny.