PDA

View Full Version : first time svx

funeralmasses4m
12-28-2006, 07:40 PM
i just bought my first svx 92 lsl im just wondering if there's anything i should have done to start? im getting the rear wheel bearings done and a oil/oil filter change and new rotars and pads all around and flush bothe the trans and radiator and new plugs and wires. is there anyother things i should do? and what is suggested for gas regular fine or should i do premium?
thanks

RojoRocket
12-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Lots of horror stories with the trans flush. Just replace the fluid, and think about an accessory cooler and filter. You're in for a surprise with the wires, as this car has a coil on plug set up, and a set runs about $400+. If there are no misfires, or idle problems shine that part of the "tuneup" on. :cool: Welcome, and get ready for a lot of reading. Premium fuel is specified.

Glenn

ensteele
12-29-2006, 10:07 PM
If the car does not have a tranny cooler, that should be added. Another thing that will help is a tranny filter. Good luck. :)

funeralmasses4m
12-30-2006, 03:16 PM
where do i get a transmission cooler? and is there any altercations you need to put in a transfilter cause ive read the earlyones arnt eqiuped with the proper one?

SVXRide
12-30-2006, 03:52 PM
use the "search" feature of the Network...you'll find plenty of threads dealing with trans coolers - part numbers, how to install, etc.
-Bill