PDA

View Full Version : Ottawa sighting!

Crazy_pilot
12-19-2006, 01:10 PM
So I can officially up the Ottawa SVX sighting count to 4, even though this one was visiting from Alberta. Nice red with a custom exhaust. License plate was 1KNIGHT, anyone know that car?

haha, that totally made my day. I always forget just how awesome those cars look up close. mmmmmmmm...

CaribooSVX
12-23-2006, 04:20 PM
I was just in Ottawa visiting at the end of November and went out for a walk.
I was crossing at the inetersection of Bank St and Heron Rd.and up pulled a bordeaux colored SVX to stop for the red. As I was walking across the intersection, low and behold a teal green SVX came up in another direction to make a left turn. How cool is that to see two SVX's at the same intersection. Both had Ontario plates.

Crazy_pilot
12-23-2006, 05:14 PM
*glare* Bank and Heron huh? I'll keep an eye out.

I know there's a pearlie around somewhere that's for sale actually. His wheels are on backwards.

Crazy_pilot
01-17-2007, 09:08 PM
I took one of the Forresters to get an emmisions test today and guess what's in line ahead of me? A sweet old lady with a 92 Ebony LS-L. So I start talking with her (she was thrilled that someone could actually tell what kind of car it was), and turn out that she's the original owner and that the car has less than 80,000 km's. That's less than 50,000 miles. :eek:

The car was in absolutely perfect condition. A little dirty, but it's winter. No dents, scrathes, rust...interior looks untouched... *drool*...

I'd make her an offer, but that car, here in Ontario, could probably be listed at $12,000 or more. *grumble*

Oh, and she said she would never do it again. Well she could just give me the car, I wouldn't mind...

Nemesis Destiny
02-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Crazy_pilot, when it does come time for you to actually buy one, I have some advice for you.

DO NOT under ANY circumstances, buy from Advanced Auto in Ottawa. They have SVXes for sale often, and the prices are somewhat reasonable, but trust me, you're playing russian roulette if you buy from them. They're hacks.

I would know. That's where I got my Alice. Just over 3 years ago. Wheels were warped, some of the lights didn't work, trans was busted (didn't act up on the test drive), lied to me about the car's history, didn't perform the safety properly, etc.

Just a friendly warning.

Good luck finding one someday.

Crazy_pilot
02-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Okay, I'll watch out for them.

The SVX fund has finally started climbing, now that I've taken care of some other important things. (School, current POS car...I'd sell the current POS car, but too many of the little things don't work that repairing those wouldn't even make it worth the investment)

Crazy_pilot
08-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Saw that red SVX again today, except he has Ontario plates now, so I guess he moved here. Yay! One more in the city!

Anyways, ya one very nice red SVX, custom exhaust (dual muffler, can't tell if it's true dual or not), rims, and a manual tranny (I could only tell by the sound, I don't know if it's a 5 or 6MT).

I was in the Forester. I may head out in the SVX later to say hi and invite him here.

DarknessofDeath
08-10-2007, 05:37 AM
[QUOTE= I may head out in the SVX later to say hi and invite him here.[/QUOTE]

with a gun?
~ looks like we got more smilies ~.... need more angry smilies ////
what an oxymoron:mad: