PDA

View Full Version : Keyless entry and alarm failed

svxyz92
12-17-2006, 11:00 PM
After having my timing belt and starter replaced, my keyless entry and alarm don't work. The reset proceedure of ign. on, then off, then tapping the alarm button produces no relay clicking noise,no horn sound and no exterior light flashes. The alarm button when activated glows red without blinking as it used to. Whether it's on or off, the alarm does not function. The keyless entry doesn't fuction either. The car still locks with a key and will lock by depressing the lock button on the driver door. The power locks on both doors work fine. I have a '92 with 174K miles. I found the procedure on this site with the reset walk through for the alarm. I tried it as stated. Dozens of times. No luck. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Help would be greatly apreciated.

cdigerlando
12-19-2006, 03:00 PM
I'm having trouble with mine too:( I'll let you know if I have any progress troubleshooting.

MoreIBNR
12-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Anything new on this? I have the same problem. After over a decade of flawless operation, I have the exact same symptoms as these two owners. If anyone else ever had this and had it fixed, please tell us what the problem is. Thanks.

gschabel
06-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Anyone come up with the cause and remedy yet?

Thanks~!

shelfy
06-14-2007, 11:28 PM
join the club. it's dead. no more for you. :(

Suby Fan
06-16-2007, 12:41 PM
i have the same problem and i think i know the solution... the security module likes to granade its slef and i new one is kind of hard to come by... my personal recomendation is to install a aftermarket one it will work better its cheeper and they arnt prone to random failures like ours are... :rolleyes:

cdigerlando
06-28-2007, 08:37 AM
i have the same problem and i think i know the solution... the security module likes to granade its slef and i new one is kind of hard to come by... my personal recomendation is to install a aftermarket one it will work better its cheeper and they arnt prone to random failures like ours are... :rolleyes:

I'm tending to agree with you. Wasn't there a post of an economical replacement solution, that not only offered the option of security but also allowed for remote starting? I would be very interested in a module that could be set up for turbo timing too. I'll post if I find something.

Thanks

Chuck D.

Motorsport-SVX
07-19-2007, 12:57 PM
has anyone looked up the Subie part # for the module
by chance ?

ZMan
07-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Just put this in my '96 3 weeks ago and it works great.

The range on the remote is excellent.

Remote start. - Also got their trunk release solenoid and installed that as well.

Removed the panel below the dash and installed it in there.

You also have easy access to all the wires from there as well.

http://www.asianwolf.com/FM2009V2.html

cdigerlando
07-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Just put this in my '96 3 weeks ago and it works great.

The range on the remote is excellent.

Remote start. - Also got their trunk release solenoid and installed that as well.

Removed the panel below the dash and installed it in there.

You also have easy access to all the wires from there as well.

http://www.asianwolf.com/FM2009V2.html

Very nice. Great price too. That is probably what I will go with when everything is done in the car. Just don't know where I would fit the new alarm horn. I know you will have to kill us all afterwards, but do you have any picks of the peripheral installation?

Take Care

Chuck D

ZMan
07-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Sorry, but I guess I got too much into installing the alarm and failed to do so.

Wish I did though after it was done

Next time I take that panel off i'll see if I can take some.

I'll see what other info I can find.

ZMan
07-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Just went out and took a few quick pix of the siren and trunk release solenoid locations.

cdigerlando
07-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Cool thanks. That was really all I wanted to see. Can't use your spot for the siren due to the turbocharger. In fact not much room under the hood anymore at all:(

dmnknightomega6
07-22-2007, 09:58 PM
This bugged me all last year. Bought 3 modules and no success. I just gave up and have locked myself out countless times.

Mine began to do weird stuff after my battery died and i needed a jump.

I even had to dig under my dash to look for the starter relay which is held by tape and paperclip.

I plan on getting after market alarm soon. Can anyone clarify to me if we can use the Trunk /Dash (whichever your old module was in) harness for the aftermarket module? or it does not matter?

I am actually having someone do this but i do not want a jury rigged system due to guess work

SVXdc
07-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Can anyone clarify to me if we can use the Trunk /Dash (whichever your old module was in) harness for the aftermarket module?
Yes! In most cases it will enable a plug-and-play installation, depending on what features the alarm has.

Even in the model years where the factory module was in the dash, there's still an easy way to connect to a trunk solenoid.

However, if you want an alarm with remote start then you'll need to install it up front, even if the OEM was in the trunk.

E-mail me for more info about the matching plug for the factory harness.

YourConfused
10-29-2007, 10:00 PM
What years were in the trunk and which were were in the dash? I am about to do an install, so this would really help me out.
thanks

nextse7en
10-29-2007, 10:14 PM
OBD1 cars in front - 96-97 in rear, I believe.

cdigerlando
10-30-2007, 08:11 AM
My 92 is in the glovebox.

SVXdc
11-03-2007, 09:59 AM
What years were in the trunk and which were were in the dash?
92 and some 93 are behind the glove box — models without the passenger airbag.

Some 93 and all later years (with airbag) are in the trunk.

svxbrick
11-12-2007, 08:27 AM
There is a 1 amp fuse in the control box behind the glove compartment. Mine quit working so I replaced the fuse. Works fine now.
Marvin
92 Pearly

MoreIBNR
11-12-2007, 09:22 AM
There is a 1 amp fuse in the control box behind the glove compartment. Mine quit working so I replaced the fuse. Works fine now.
Marvin
92 Pearly

I tried that but still didn't work. I got a replacement unit and it worked fine from the second I plugged it in.

Something about these units blow when the battery is discharged and then charged (I am guessing, but that seems to be the common thread on failures).

Motorsport-SVX
11-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Marvin
92 Pearly

Its actually inside the control box ?? I never knoew that..

MoreIBNR
11-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Its actually inside the control box ?? I never knoew that..

The fuse is accessible without taking the module apart. There is a hole with a gray slotted plug inside. That is the fuse holder.

Good luck.

cdigerlando
11-12-2007, 11:53 AM
I tried that but still didn't work. I got a replacement unit and it worked fine from the second I plugged it in.

Something about these units blow when the battery is discharged and then charged (I am guessing, but that seems to be the common thread on failures).

Thats what happened to me too.