PDA

View Full Version : quick tranny question

SVXyGirl
12-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of transmission I have by looking at the serial number. Is it the original one?

Here is the number: TZ102ZM1AA-KP

SVXyGirl
12-12-2006, 06:46 PM
I was playing with my car today and the differential seems to be skipping which leads me to believe that it has a chunk missing in it. The drive shaft had also popped out, and we popped it back in and I drove it around. Then it started skipping in the differential. I either need a differential to match the transmission or I need another transmission. I wish I knew what kind of transmission I have. I think it might be a legacy tranny because when I replaced the filter the SVX filter didn't fit it, but the legacy one did.

Is there any way I could find out what kind of tranny I have?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

SomethingElse
12-12-2006, 06:52 PM
is this a new one or the one that was going bad a while ago?...sorry i cant help with the numbers...have you looked at the 4.44 option? im sure that there are plenty of members close by that will be willing to help;)

SVXyGirl
12-12-2006, 07:08 PM
I dunno..I bought the car over a year ago at auction, so I don't have any previous records. And the diff just went out with out warning.

I have looked into the 4.44 option, as well as the 5MT option but I need to get the car on the road asap. Plus I don't have a lot of money (poor college student trying to make ends meet) to spend to have someone work on it, so my brother (who is very knowledgeable in cars) has offered to work on it.

I refuse to sell the car, and I really miss driving it. I've been driving whatever is in my driveway when I walk outside.

crotchrocketony
12-12-2006, 07:59 PM
I had the same issue when I replaced my trans filter. You probly went to advanced to get it. You probly have the stock trans. Doing the tranny swap isnt something someone forgets they did when they sell a SVX. So unless they said it was swaped I would bet on no. I am doing the diff swap thursday to mine. I had a new trans put in mine and the guy forgot to put diff fluid in it....so now I am putting my old diff on my new trans.... but I know it can be done and is not to hard.... just a pain in the ass being i just replaced it

crotchrocketony
12-12-2006, 08:04 PM
ok you added more while i was putting my 2 cents in. I know a guy in columbia that parts out SVXs he has a few tranys. they range from 300-700 the one that is 700 is almost new.( well that is if he still has it, that was 3 weeks ago) he might have a diff he could sell you. infact im sure you could work out a deal with him where he would install the trans for you also. you are only 40 min from him...my email is tonyon1wheel@yahoo.com if you need his info

SVXyGirl
12-12-2006, 08:42 PM
I had the same issue when I replaced my trans filter. You probly went to advanced to get it....

Yes I did. I wonder why would they say a legacy and not SVX? I talked to a guy at Advanced about that and he said something about their computers not being exact on some parts.

My brother has spoken to the guy in Columbia, but I don't know what exactly happened with that.

crotchrocketony
12-12-2006, 08:57 PM
ok So you know Don. he is a good guy and will not do you wrong.