PDA

View Full Version : Intake Manifold

AJ4U2
12-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Under the manifold thers is a black box that 2 vacuum lines goes one goes to the intake and the other ????. what is this use for.. also the sensors that are underneath what purpose do they serve. all the lines are hard and brittle and i will replace them.. I plan on going to some of these meets this spring and summer and now is the time to replace something if it may give me a problem, No problems means more fun. 1992 year
Thanks Art.

SVXRide
12-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Under the manifold thers is a black box that 2 vacuum lines goes one goes to the intake and the other ????. what is this use for.. also the sensors that are underneath what purpose do they serve. all the lines are hard and brittle and i will replace them.. I plan on going to some of these meets this spring and summer and now is the time to replace something if it may give me a problem, No problems means more fun. 1992 year
Thanks Art.

It runs the IRIS valve in the center of the intake. Other sensors in the area are 1. knock sensor for the passenger-side cylinders, 2. crank sensors, 3. oil pressure sensor.
-Bill

AJ4U2
12-12-2006, 09:00 PM
It runs the IRIS valve in the center of the intake. Other sensors in the area are 1. knock sensor for the passenger-side cylinders, 2. crank sensors, 3. oil pressure sensor.
-Bill

Thanks for the info bill, I am learning about these vehicles eveytime i look at them:)

Thanks Again, Art