PDA

View Full Version : Springs for SVX

just_ski
05-06-2001, 11:34 PM
I just put new 17" wheels on my SVX, and the amount of space between the front tire and the fender (wheel gap) is now especially obvious. I am wondering if anyone knows of lowering springs made for the SVX to correct this. I have heard that spings made for the Impreza will fit the SVX, but I don't know about trying it because of the weight difference. I recall someone talking about gc springs made for the SVX, but I am not familiar with this company and don't know where to go to order them.

1994SubaruSVX
05-07-2001, 08:58 AM
you can order the ground control springs from dayle at motorsport warehouse. go to motorsportwarehouse.com, or you can call ground control direct and order from them. i dont know if anyone has ever tried to put the ground control springs on without the koni strut inserts. maybe you will be the first.

Green1995SVX
05-18-2001, 07:11 AM
Can the Ground Control springs be used with the stock struts? What are the disadvantages to doing this? Anyone know what the price of the strut inserts are... and the price of the springs alone?
thanks

1994SubaruSVX
05-18-2001, 07:40 AM
you can buy the ground control springs (made by eibach) and the koni struts from dayle at motorsportwarehouse.com. the springs will cost you about $325 and the struts are $680. expect to pay anywhere from $500 - $700 for installation because of the custom work that has to be done. basically they have to cut off the funnel looking piece at the top of the strut tower. they have to pull the old strut out of the strut housing, which is very messy. then they have to insert the koni strut and weld it in place. sounds easy but according to my mechanic and they eight hours it took him this is not for the ignorant. the ground controls will allow you to lower the car up to 3". i just lowered my red svx 2" front and rear and the car looks great. as you can see i have 17" wheels too. i suggest you set the konis to the softest setting otherwise the ride will be rough. i asked ground control if the springs could be installed without using the konis and the answer they gave me was no. but that doesnt necessarily mean it cant be done. apparently it has something to do with the mounting hardware or perch for the springs. sorry but i cant remember exactly. you can call ground control and they will tell you. my car looks great the space is eliminated now. you will not believe how different it will make the car look.:cool: