PDA

View Full Version : W Revealed

shotgunslade
12-05-2006, 06:51 AM
More info on the W-Jim Webb exchange

A few days ago, NLS reported that (Senator-Elect VA, D) Jim Webb's son's vehicle was next to another military vehicle that was attacked which resulted in the death of 3 marines a few weeks ago in Iraq.

Well, tonight I attended a party honoring volunteers in the Hunter Mill District of Fairfax County, VA who had helped - in a very big way - to bring about Webb's upset victory and thus garner control of the Senate. I had the opportunity to chat with Congressman Jim Moran (D-Va 8th district) in private before he publicly addressed the group. I recounted how proud I was of Webb's actions in front of Bush, and recounted the speculation on whether Bush could possibly have known about the incident with Webb's son. He said, without hesitation:

"Not only did Bush know about it, he was specifically briefed on the incident before meeting with Webb, and was cautioned to be extra sensitive in speaking with Webb about his son."

Just to make sure, I said: "Wow, I guess not too many people know about this," and he said: "That's right they don't, but I know it's true, and there are lots of things people don't know about that would surprise them"

So there we are folks. The right wing columnists of the ilk of George Will call Webb a "boor," uncivil, etc., while in reality, it is there hero, George W. Bush, who is now revealed to be the boorest of the boors, the lowest of the lows, the crudest of the crude.

Electrophil
12-05-2006, 04:41 PM
I've read the quote a few times, and maybe the ritalin hasn't kicked in.

Bush had a brief about an attack close to Webb's son. I'm missing the part of the story that explains why Bush is the boorest of the boor, etc.

Did Bush say something to Webb that I missed?

Not that Bush isn't a complete loss, my opinion on that has been made more than clear.

Landshark
12-05-2006, 10:48 PM
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Landshark/40187.jpg

RSVX
12-06-2006, 02:14 AM
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Landshark/40187.jpg

Yeah, the original quote doesnt exactly read like English...

shotgunslade
12-06-2006, 06:14 PM
The exchange was something like

"How's your boy?" Bush asked, referring to Webb's son, a Marine serving in Iraq.

"I'd like to get them out of Iraq, Mr. President," Webb responded, echoing a campaign theme.

"That's not what I asked you," Bush said. "How's your boy?"

"That's between me and my boy, Mr. President," Webb said coldly, ending the conversation on the State Floor of the East Wing of the White House.

Electrophil
12-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Bush is the debil!

Landshark
12-06-2006, 10:47 PM
"....George W. Bush, who is now revealed to be the boorest of the boors, the lowest of the lows, the crudest of the crude."

i don't see it. your Bush Bash attempt has failed.

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/ttokalli/kaatis/fail.jpg

RSVX
12-07-2006, 03:38 AM

"How's your boy?" Bush asked, referring to Webb's son, a Marine serving in Iraq.

"I'd like to get them out of Iraq, Mr. President," Webb responded, echoing a campaign theme.

"That's between me and my boy, Mr. President," Webb said coldly, ending the conversation on the State Floor of the East Wing of the White House.

So, Webb snubs the President, and that makes Bush a boor? Wow.

shotgunslade
12-07-2006, 06:11 AM
Those who heard the exchange described Bush's delivery of the question as his typical snide tone. Webb was disturbed about his son's very recent close call with three of his buddies being killed. Bush had been briefed about the situation and he still dealt with the issue with his usual ineptitude.

Webb should have said, "He was just almost blown up in this senseless disaster you have brought down upon the world. I want my boy back before he gets killed because of your stubborn incompetence."

Judgements completely born out by the recent report of the Iraq Study Group.

RSVX
12-07-2006, 06:20 AM
All he had to do, was answer the freaking question. That would have been the honorable road.

lhopp77
12-07-2006, 08:43 AM
Let me guess---his son was drafted---whoops forgot----no draft---so he must have volunteered. Volunteer, now that must mean he wanted to go?

Why not ask the son what he thinks of the situation instead of listening to some rude politician (Webb)?

I have NEVER heard anyone say that Bush came across as inept OR snide when expressing sympathy or concern for soldiers. Everyone has been impressed with his sincerity and real emotions in those situations.

Sounds to me like a politician trying to get some publicity about HIS position and not that of his son's.

Just my opinion.

Lee

Electrophil
12-07-2006, 02:21 PM
"....George W. Bush, who is now revealed to be the boorest of the boors, the lowest of the lows, the crudest of the crude."

i don't see it. your Bush Bash attempt has failed.

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/ttokalli/kaatis/fail.jpg

Oh hell yeah, that's funny. :D :D

Electrophil
12-07-2006, 02:29 PM
I am just completely bewildered that Bush has any supporters left. It just boggles my mind that some of you still support this monkey. Even my family, most being hard core republicans, thinks he's an utter failure.

Besides an irresponsible tax cut, which by the way.... The middle class part is expiring. They didn't get it done in time and left it to the Democrats in January. Only the wealthy part of the cut is good for the next ten years.....

Besides that tax cut, what has this guy done positive that encourages you to support the 2 remaining braincells that weren't damaged from his cokin' years?

mohrds
12-07-2006, 02:30 PM

Sounds like Bush did what anyone would do when being given a campaign ralley instead of an answer.

If Webb really wanted his son out of Iraq, he would be. If the boy gets injured or killed, it will be great amunition for his political agenda, so he leaves him there.

Too many politicians have no regards for anything other than their press snippets.

mohrds
12-07-2006, 02:35 PM
I am just completely bewildered that Bush has any supporters left. It just boggles my mind that some of you still support this monkey. Even my family, most being hard core republicans, thinks he's an utter failure.

What does this snippy conversation between Bush and Webb have to do with whether or not anyone likes Bush? Why do you always need to drag every thread into a Bush Bashing event?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

lhopp77
12-07-2006, 02:42 PM

Besides an irresponsible tax cut, which by the way.... The middle class part is expiring. They didn't get it done in time and left it to the Democrats in January. Only the wealthy part of the cut is good for the next ten years.....

Besides that tax cut, what has this guy done positive that encourages you to support the 2 remaining braincells that weren't damaged from his cokin' years?

Blame the expiration of the middle class cuts on the Democrats. THEY played politics and would not extend it or make it permanent as Bush wanted.

Check the stock market and economy. Number of jobs created after the Clinton inspired mini-recession. AND after the DOT.com collapse and the aftermath of 9/11. Try very aggressive prosecution of high level corporate executives that ripped off the public. Try a VERY honest effort to bail out Social Security---again stonewalled and stymied by the Democrats playing politics.

How many attacks have we had on American soil or even overseas other than in Iraq or Afgan.

How about nearly 50 million people voting for the first time or the first time in a generation??

How about improvements in education? No matter what you think about No Child Left Behind, it is a viable program that is beginning to work.

How about a little help for seniors with medication assistance?

I could go on and on and on and on---just like the Energizer Bunny------- :eek: :D :D

Lee

Electrophil
12-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Blame the expiration of the middle class cuts on the Democrats. THEY played politics and would not extend it or make it permanent as Bush wanted.

Check the stock market and economy. Number of jobs created after the Clinton inspired mini-recession. AND after the DOT.com collapse and the aftermath of 9/11. Try very aggressive prosecution of high level corporate executives that ripped off the public. Try a VERY honest effort to bail out Social Security---again stonewalled and stymied by the Democrats playing politics.

How many attacks have we had on American soil or even overseas other than in Iraq or Afgan.

How about nearly 50 million people voting for the first time or the first time in a generation??

How about improvements in education? No matter what you think about No Child Left Behind, it is a viable program that is beginning to work.

How about a little help for seniors with medication assistance?

I could go on and on and on and on---just like the Energizer Bunny------- :eek: :D :D

Lee

OK... We can discuss these trivials.
Start with the stock market:
Here it is. Compare the 6 years prior to Bush, with the 6 years suffering with Bush.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Electrophil/40230.jpg

The Democrats did stall the middleclass tax package. The republicans were trying to add on a estate tax cut for multimillionaire heirs. They refused to cow down, as they usually do. Those tricks stopped working in 2004, and they knew they were going to win the Congress. (The Senate of course was a bonus they hadn't counted on.)

Harry Reid has specifically said he's going for a middle class only tax cut, and will be paying for it by taking away the tax benefits given to the oil industry in 2001.

Here's some bad news for you. They are planning on bringing back the "pay as you go" mandate Bush and the republicans foolishly discarded. It's going to be harder this time, for our debt has doubled, and so have our interest payments. It's going to be hard for them to "pay as you go", with our country in record deficits every year... again... After all that work in the 90's fixing it.

The social security program they were flagging was a privatization for the wealthy. It wasn't an overhaul, it was an easter basket for...once again... the top 2%. They would get out of paying, and the middle class could either pay increased premiums to stay in the program, or try to invest themselves. Social Security would have been bankrupt in a matter of a few years.

How many attacks did we have prior to 9/11? Besides, you can't discount a car bomb in Iraq no more than you can discount a boat bomb in Yemen. The world is astronimically more dangerous today than it was the day he started that war. Korea now has "the" bomb, Iran is going to end up with the oil in Iraq, the UN is now a completely empty shell, and our allies no longer trust us.

50 million additional voted to get you guys the hell "out". Everyone was watching this election so closely, Karl Rove could no longer cheat.

The federal tuition assistance program has been gutted under this administration. Harry Reid is saying he wants to get it all back, but our debt interest is overwhelming the budget at this point. He's not sure. Hopefully he'll make the ones who have benefitted the most from our doubled debt pay for it with a 65% tax bracket. I would literally squeal with glee.

The city of Las Vegas managed to take money from road construction to get our grade school funding back up from the federal losses brought on by no child left behind. I can't speak to where the rest of the cities recouped their losses.

Medical assistance for seniors? Have you really checked into that program? It's a mess!!

Eventually, you'll wake up. And if you don't, well that's alright too. We now have control, and can start our country's healing process.

lhopp77
12-08-2006, 08:43 AM
OK... We can discuss these trivials.
Start with the stock market:
Here it is. Compare the 6 years prior to Bush, with the 6 years suffering with Bush.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Electrophil/40230.jpg

The Democrats did stall the middleclass tax package. The republicans were trying to add on a estate tax cut for multimillionaire heirs. They refused to cow down, as they usually do. Those tricks stopped working in 2004, and they knew they were going to win the Congress. (The Senate of course was a bonus they hadn't counted on.)

Harry Reid has specifically said he's going for a middle class only tax cut, and will be paying for it by taking away the tax benefits given to the oil industry in 2001.

Here's some bad news for you. They are planning on bringing back the "pay as you go" mandate Bush and the republicans foolishly discarded. It's going to be harder this time, for our debt has doubled, and so have our interest payments. It's going to be hard for them to "pay as you go", with our country in record deficits every year... again... After all that work in the 90's fixing it.

The social security program they were flagging was a privatization for the wealthy. It wasn't an overhaul, it was an easter basket for...once again... the top 2%. They would get out of paying, and the middle class could either pay increased premiums to stay in the program, or try to invest themselves. Social Security would have been bankrupt in a matter of a few years.

How many attacks did we have prior to 9/11? Besides, you can't discount a car bomb in Iraq no more than you can discount a boat bomb in Yemen. The world is astronimically more dangerous today than it was the day he started that war. Korea now has "the" bomb, Iran is going to end up with the oil in Iraq, the UN is now a completely empty shell, and our allies no longer trust us.

50 million additional voted to get you guys the hell "out". Everyone was watching this election so closely, Karl Rove could no longer cheat.

The federal tuition assistance program has been gutted under this administration. Harry Reid is saying he wants to get it all back, but our debt interest is overwhelming the budget at this point. He's not sure. Hopefully he'll make the ones who have benefitted the most from our doubled debt pay for it with a 65% tax bracket. I would literally squeal with glee.

The city of Las Vegas managed to take money from road construction to get our grade school funding back up from the federal losses brought on by no child left behind. I can't speak to where the rest of the cities recouped their losses.

Medical assistance for seniors? Have you really checked into that program? It's a mess!!

Eventually, you'll wake up. And if you don't, well that's alright too. We now have control, and can start our country's healing process.

I am glad you posted the stock market chart---It highlights the problems caused by the DOT.com collapse AND 9/11. See how the market went down. Neither of these were caused by Bush.

Social Security---I love you democrats---"privatization for the wealthy"???----You know better than that. It was going to allow ALL---repeat ALL--people that pay into Social Security to actually OWN and somewhat CONTROL 5% of what they pay in INSTEAD of congressional spenders controlling it or losing it for their families IF they do not survive to social security benefits age. SO---how is this "privatization for the wealthy"????? Come on Robert-----:cool:

Taxing the wealthy---like inheritance taxes----I don't care how much money you have EARNED, there is something wrong with laws that permit the GOVERNMENT to CONFISCATE up to 75 percent of your EARNED wealth.

Do I need to post all of the terrorist attacks on the US or US facilities or personnel????

Lee

Electrophil
12-08-2006, 09:10 AM
The dot.com collapse started in late 1999, and caused the market to stay relatively flat. 9/11 was not an act of nature. It could have been prevented with the right leadership in office at the time. (Be the leadership republican, democrat or both.... just the "right" leadership)

The privatization of Social Security under the program you are saying was going to cost the government 2 trillion dollars... It was never an option they took seriously. The 5% do as you please was the bait and switch they were trying to use from the unfeasonable program. In reality, it wasn't in the actual bill at all. The real program did not have a set percentage, it was based on income groups with the edge totally benefitting the ultra wealthy for they don't need social security. They could completely opt out of the system. That is why it failed without ever so much as a spark. It took very little math to see it was an easter basket for the ultra wealthy.

Some 25 year old born into an ultra rich family hasn't earned anything. Usually, their fathers didn't earn it either. It's just old money. So the original wording is estate tax. The neo-con wording is death tax to give it that negative spin. I call it lottery tax to clearly explain how some kid hanging out with Paris Hilton got a hold of 3 or 4 billion dollars. Tax the **** out of him. He received a capital gain of 3 billion dollars in one year? Great year, now hand over 48%, then you can go drink yourself numb with the rest of the money you won. This will also encourage Dad not to accumulate so much wealth and get the money out there working for our country where it should be.

And no. Posting all the terrorist attacks over the last 10 or 15 years would take all day. Posting just the terrorist attacks over the last 2 years would max out a database.