PDA

View Full Version : SVX OE CD player question:

seasvx
11-30-2006, 07:02 PM
the OE CD player in the SVX is a Panasonic P511. does anybody know if a Panasonic P512 will plug in to the SVX OE head unit? the CD unit in my '94 LSi is dead and a guy here in town has a P512 from a '98 Outback for sale on craigslist. thx in advance for any information.

b3lha
12-01-2006, 01:38 AM
I'm not familiar with the model you mention, but the SVX cd players are usually compatible with other panasonic units.

ensteele
12-02-2006, 10:28 AM
I have one of those and will check it out for you. :)

michael
12-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Sorry hor the hijack but does anyone know where I could find a pinout for the cd player's plug?

b3lha
12-04-2006, 02:50 AM
Sorry hor the hijack but does anyone know where I could find a pinout for the cd player's plug?

If you are asking about the cable from the CD player to the headunit, you can find the pinout here:

http://www.lafrog.com/cdcemu/

Click on "DIN 8C" for the pin numbering order (it is non-obvious)

Click on the "read more" link below "how to make your own" for the pin out:

Pin 1 = CD-C data line. (you need to transfer the bytes on this line)
Pin 2 = CD-C clock (you need to keep a 8uS clock signal on this line 4us on 4us off)
Pin 3 = Acc (not required for comms) Note to self: Supply voltage (12V unreg)
Pin 4 = CD-C strobe (you need to send a 4us pulse after the first byte and last byte of packets)
Pin 5 = RM Data (this line has data back from the head unit)
Pin 6 = Acc (not required for comms) Note to self: Supply voltage (12V unreg)
Pin 7 = NC (not connected)
Pin 8 = GND (you require a common ground to head unit)

seasvx
12-04-2006, 09:29 PM
well, Earl, I rolled the dice & bought the P512. let me know if i have a CD player that will plug into the SVX OE stereo... or a really nice-looking paperweight.