PDA

View Full Version : brake light in dash

Crazypolo95
11-28-2006, 08:12 PM
ok some time the light comes up but them is doesn't not. Does anyone what i can do it make it just stop it.

svxcess
11-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Check your brake fluid level. When you take off the reservoir cap, make sure the rubber bellows is collapsed back into the cap and not extended. If it is just push it back in. If the fluid is low, fill it to the correct mark.

When the fluid warms up afterafter driving, it expands and the light goes off. When the fluid cools overnight, it contracts and it will read low.

The reservoir has a magnetic float in it that operates a reed switch under it, to bring on the E brake light, when the fluid is low. The rubber bellows can hold the float down to bring on the light, just opening the top and folding the bellows back up, will turn the light off.

Crazypolo95
11-29-2006, 12:48 PM
well my brake fluid is filled up all the way. I'm thinking it might have to do with the wires in the back or some where around there.

Suby Fan
11-30-2006, 10:34 AM
ok so the brake light comes on intermitently and your fluid level is full? by any chance is it cold where you live? mine use to come on some times when its like 10 degrees out... i think its because i need to change my brake fluid

Crazypolo95
11-30-2006, 09:01 PM
um the coldest that is get here is about 39

nexus_7
11-30-2006, 09:22 PM
pop the cap of the brake fluid canaster. look at the cap, push the middle back into the cap (pushing the rubber bit back into its origonal shape)

That stopped my brake lite from comming on and felt like an idiot after that.

Greg

dcarrb
12-01-2006, 05:30 AM
From your description this probably isn't what's happening, but if the light comes on only when you have your foot on the brake, you've got a blown or corroded brake light bulb.

dcb

GOT2HAVESVX
12-01-2006, 10:45 AM
ok some time the light comes up but them is doesn't not. Does anyone what i can do it make it just stop it.
Put a piece of black electrical tape over the light and you wont see it anymore. :) JK:D

Crazypolo95
12-01-2006, 12:50 PM
i think it might just have to do with the wire back there.