PDA

View Full Version : Water, water everywhere!!!

mhl0125
11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
I know this has come up before, but I can't find the appropriate solution. My carpet on the right (passenger) rear side is soaked. Therefore, my windows all steam up overnight with condensation. I know there are drains everywhere and perhaps one or more are clogged. Where do you suggest I look for the drains and how do you clean them? Thanks.

nordique14
11-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Is it actually water? It may be engine coolant. A failing heater core will dump coolant in that spot.

ShiuludeSVX
11-28-2006, 04:05 PM
I know this has come up before, but I can't find the appropriate solution. My carpet on the right (passenger) rear side is soaked. Therefore, my windows all steam up overnight with condensation. I know there are drains everywhere and perhaps one or more are clogged. Where do you suggest I look for the drains and how do you clean them? Thanks.
Notice any kind of a Gummy Smell?
Antifreeze smells a bit like that when the mix comes out of a Heater Core, and through carpet.
Slippery fluid?

svxcess
11-28-2006, 04:53 PM
I doubt if is a heater core leak if it is on the rear area of the passenger side. Put some paper towels down on the carpet to absorb the moisture and see what color comes up. if its clear or slightly dirty, its probably just water; yellowish-green would be coolant

It could be the sunroof drain on that side. Check this thread:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36019&highlight=sunroof+drains

You can also do a search for "wet carpet" or "sunroof drains" (without the quotes)

mhl0125
11-28-2006, 05:54 PM
It is definitely water, not coolant.

ShiuludeSVX
11-28-2006, 08:16 PM
oops,, Reading to quick. Guess I picked the wrong week to stop ........

Earthworm
12-04-2006, 03:01 PM
There are also little drains in the trunk behind the rear wheels. These are in addition to the sunroof drains. They are hard plastic and will plug up over time.

You would have to take the trunk liner (and wheel liner) out to get access to them.