PDA

View Full Version : When is everyone planning to arrive?

Green1995SVX
04-12-2002, 01:14 PM
Title says it all.

-Mike

Seraph
04-12-2002, 01:32 PM
I am only 2.5 hours away so I can start driving in the morning. :D

Lwin

Green1995SVX
04-12-2002, 01:41 PM
I kinda mean what day are ya gonna get there.

-Mike

wawazat??
04-12-2002, 02:30 PM
My hotel reservation is for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I was planning on leaving Friday, meeting up with "Stock"ets and SVX10 and heading on down to pick up cocacola8.

We need to arrange a meeting point and cruise on in. What way are you heading over?

Green1995SVX
04-12-2002, 02:40 PM
This will require me pulling out the map.. I will get back to you.

-Mike (hates maps)

Aredubjay
04-12-2002, 02:53 PM
It'll take me around 5 hours. Check-in time is usually around three PM. I'll probably arrive between 3 and 4 on Friday.

richeich
04-12-2002, 03:07 PM
I've got the hotel info, but was wondering which one was 'preferred'. Where is everybody staying? I'll get up there either Friday afternoon or evening.

Aredubjay
04-12-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by richeich
I've got the hotel info, but was wondering which one was 'preferred'. Where is everybody staying? I'll get up there either Friday afternoon or evening.

Rich, I think the Homewood Suites are preferred, although they supposedly sit side by side. I know that Larry, Stevebsy and myself will all be at the Homewood (and some others, I can't remember).

wawazat??
04-12-2002, 05:27 PM
Got my reservation all set. I'm getting VERY excited! The wife (who won't be attending) is getting VERY nervous about why I'm getting very excited. Ah, what does she know :confused:

BTW- I wanna see Lwin in SHISVX's dress! Wait, did that come out wrong? Did Lwin come out???? :eek: :D What did I miss by not going to Reading??:confused:

Green1995SVX
04-12-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by wawazat??
Got my reservation all set. I'm getting VERY excited! The wife (who won't be attending) is getting VERY nervous about why I'm getting very excited. Ah, what does she know :confused:

BTW- I wanna see Lwin in SHISVX's dress! Wait, did that come out wrong? Did Lwin come out???? :eek: :D What did I miss by not going to Reading??:confused:

oh dear.

Seraph
04-12-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by wawazat??

For the record: I am as straight as an arrow.

I just want to surprise Randy with the dress and see if he would fall for me. As for Kel's dress, I just like her dress and it looks wonderful so I had to try it on.

BTW, this is all a JOKE

lwin

Aredubjay
04-12-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Seraph

BTW, this is all a JOKE

lwin

Yeah, right, Lwin. But WE all know the truth. :D

(That should keep people from talking about Zebra stripes for a while :))

LarryIII
04-13-2002, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

(That should keep people from talking about Zebra stripes for a while :))

Randy,

You can run but you can't hide.
or
You can't keep a good zebra stripe down.
or

Randy,

The philosophy oy " i-ism " teaches that we must embrace our shortcomings and turn them into advantages.
So don't cover up -SHOW YOUR STRIPES TO THE WORLD !!!

Larry iii

montypython
04-13-2002, 06:45 AM
We plan on arriving between 9pm and 10pm Friday night. It should be about a 3-1/2 to 4 hour drive so we'll leave after work.
I've not made a reservation yet but we'll probably stay at The Homewood Suites.
Actually, as usual I've had my head in the sand because I hadn't realized the event went into Monday, so I'll have to figure out a way to get a day off work cause all my vacation time is used up :(

wasions
04-13-2002, 11:09 AM
I'm not all that far from the event, like 2 1/2 - 3 hours, but if anyone will be running north on 41 in Indiana (Aredub?, Bill?, Anyone?) or somewhere close to that, maybe 57?, I'd like to jump in line. :cool: Let me know when you'll be coming through. (Randy, if you'd rather not be seen with 'Kermit', I'll understand. :mad: :D )

Aredubjay
04-13-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by wasions
I'm not all that far from the event, like 2 1/2 - 3 hours, but if anyone will be running north on 41 in Indiana (Aredub?, Bill?, Anyone?) or somewhere close to that, maybe 57?, I'd like to jump in line. :cool: Let me know when you'll be coming through. (Randy, if you'd rather not be seen with 'Kermit', I'll understand. :mad: :D )

I'll most likely be taking 41 up. We'll definitely have to hook up. I'll be happy to be seen with Kermit. :D:D:D Of course of Bill comes our way, will we travel Green Pearl Green, Green Green Pearl, or, Pearl Green Green? :D

Beav
04-14-2002, 12:12 AM
Has anyone notified the local press, the 'My Classic Car' (is that the name?) show, etc.? How about someone at the plant p.r. office mapping a SVX logo on the parking lot for the cars to park on for an aerial photo? The owners/drivers could stand below in 'Subaru' order. How about a few fun competitions, such as the clean engine, best in show, furthest travel, etc. with some sponsored awards? (Meguiar's, Zymol, Tire Rack, Pep Boys, et al) Maybe we could generate enough publicity that the factory would pop for a free reman tranny to one of the winners.... :D

Green1995SVX
04-14-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Beav
Has anyone notified the local press, the 'My Classic Car' (is that the name?) show, etc.? How about someone at the plant p.r. office mapping a SVX logo on the parking lot for the cars to park on for an aerial photo? The owners/drivers could stand below in 'Subaru' order. How about a few fun competitions, such as the clean engine, best in show, furthest travel, etc. with some sponsored awards? (Meguiar's, Zymol, Tire Rack, Pep Boys, et al) Maybe we could generate enough publicity that the factory would pop for a free reman tranny to one of the winners.... :D

Talk about an approperiate prize... Tranny would be nize (rhyme?)

You know... Speaking of zymol... I got a little sample packet of the stuff the last time i showed my cavaler (i know) and I tried it on the svx. I wasnt all that wild about it... didnt seem to do much for the shine. If anything, it made it less shiney... Smells like coconuts though. Cant beat that.

-Mike

immortal_suby
04-14-2002, 09:30 AM
The 3000gt / stealth guys are having a similar gathering
http://www.midwestgathering.org/home.html

They have Hooters sponsoring them!!!
If they can get hooters with those cars we surely can at least get a high school cheerleading team.

They also have a 900hp stealth coming - Does anyone know peppe's email address - we can beat that easy with his 983 hp svx.

svx2003
04-14-2002, 09:58 AM
I live in Lafayette, IN... I know where everything is (SIA)... if I could be of help to anyone... I am willing to do so.

wasions
04-14-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Beav

I was thinking just last night whether someone was planning to do a T/Polo Shirt commemorating the event.

I can hit up Snap-on for a tie-in prize (no promises - they hate me :) ). Like maybe "Best use of (uh) Tools"? How about, "Most realistic impression of a Snap-on ratchet by an SVX wheel bearing". Hmmm. Somebody give me an idea here. :eek: :confused:

MNYPNNY
04-19-2002, 09:54 PM
We're staying at Homewood Suites and plan on coming in on Friday from KC, MO.
Anyone who may be heading east from the CO area on Wednesday or from KC on Friday, we'd like to hook up with.

I still think we need a commemmorative T-shirt that shows the date etc on front and "nobody said this would be cheap" on the back.

-- Michelle

wasions
04-19-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
We're staying at Homewood Suites and plan on coming in on Friday from KC, MO.
Anyone who may be heading east from the CO area on Wednesday or from KC on Friday, we'd like to hook up with.

I still think we need a commemmorative T-shirt that shows the date etc on front and "nobody said this would be cheap" on the back.

-- Michelle

We used to autocross/rally an '80 Subaru AWD Wagon. I had t-shirts made for our 'team'.

Mine: SUBARU (Front)
Hers: INEXPENSIVE (Front)
AND BUILT TO STAY THAT WAY (Back)

:D :D :D