PDA

View Full Version : underdrive pulleys

poweredx2
11-02-2006, 08:36 AM
What issues has anyone experience with the factory size but lighter pulley.I have a smaller than stock plus lighter pulley and the pulley is great but I'm switching to a lighten stock diameter,because when the car is at idle my voltage always drop to almost 11.5 volts or 12 with the lights and heat off.I purchase this pulley from a company called TEAGE AUTO in ashville nc years ago.

Earthworm
11-02-2006, 09:03 AM
I'm running a factory size aluminum pulley. No issues to report.

Voltage at 600rpm is still going to be low though. It's just not enough to allow the alternator to easily generate adequate power.

sicksubie
11-02-2006, 06:45 PM
what about putting a smaller pulley on the alternator? I have one sitting on the bench that i just havent had the time to put it on.

immortal_suby
11-02-2006, 07:58 PM
What issues has anyone experience with the factory size but lighter pulley.I have a smaller than stock plus lighter pulley and the pulley is great but I'm switching to a lighten stock diameter,because when the car is at idle my voltage always drop to almost 11.5 volts or 12 with the lights and heat off.I purchase this pulley from a company called TEAGE AUTO in ashville nc years ago.

I've had no problems with the factory size lightweight pulley that motorsports warehouse sells. Have them on 2 svx's.

poweredx2
11-04-2006, 10:09 AM
What vechicle did that smaller pulley come from,I thought about that but really didn't follow up.That way I can keep my small lightweight pulley.