PDA

View Full Version : Rear Diff and Lateral Links

04sti
11-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Well I just got back from the shop and we got the rear subframe bolted back in, the interesting part is that we took the lateral links, hubs, and differential from the 06 wrx and we swapped them into the svx subframe :D, the only modification we had to do was take the longer rear studs from the svx and put them into the wrx diff. But the front lateral links are aluminum so it should lighten it up and they will work with our setup, I will post some pics later tonight.

TomsSVX
11-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Nice!! I have been waiting to hear/see an update:)

Tom

gest24
11-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Proves my theory that we can use impreza latteral links out back. Which also leads me to beleive we could also "re-engineer" some thicker rear sways from the impreza to LGT.

TomsSVX
11-02-2006, 09:35 AM
Don't forget he is using the hub from an 06 WRX

Tom

SVXRide
11-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Proves my theory that we can use impreza latteral links out back. Which also leads me to beleive we could also "re-engineer" some thicker rear sways from the impreza to LGT.

Kerry,
Nah, just bend up your own:rolleyes: ;)
-Bill

SVXRide
11-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Well I just got back from the shop and we got the rear subframe bolted back in, the interesting part is that we took the lateral links, hubs, and differential from the 06 wrx and we swapped them into the svx subframe :D, the only modification we had to do was take the longer rear studs from the svx and put them into the wrx diff. But the front lateral links are aluminum so it should lighten it up and they will work with our setup, I will post some pics later tonight.

Question -- do the wrx lateral links have the same dimensions as the SVX pieces, or is this a case of "they'll work as long as you also use the wrx hubs"?
thanks.
-Bill (hoping the answer is "they have the same dimensions":cool: )

Chiketkd
11-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Which also leads me to beleive we could also "re-engineer" some thicker rear sways from the impreza to LGT.
Look at the rear swaybar from a B9 Tribeca. It's supposed to be huge inorder to control that vehicle's mammoth weight.

gest24
11-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Kerry,
Nah, just bend up your own:rolleyes: ;)
-Bill

Bill,
How about I just send you some $$ and you bend me some? lol

SVXRide
11-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Bill,
How about I just send you some $$ and you bend me some? lol

Kerry,
Sure, just tell me what dia bar you want. Check my locker for the one on BillStock v4.0.
-Bill

04sti
11-02-2006, 05:45 PM
the lateral links are exactly the same dimension, I don't know about the bolt holes on the hub side, They are approximately the same size they might work with the svx hubs, when we do the sti swap on bdr's impreza i will see if the svx hub fits in there. The rear diff works though all you do is take the longer rear studs from the svx and put them in the wrx rear diff

dynomatt
11-02-2006, 06:53 PM

Subscribed.

So the links are the same, but do the hubs/uprights bolt up to the SVX shocks?

M

dynomatt
11-02-2006, 06:58 PM
And are we talking about an 06 WRX or an 06 STi? Or are they teh same fore you guys?

Are the sway bar mounts the same (or has somebody already asked that).

Matt

04sti
11-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Subscribed.

So the links are the same, but do the hubs/uprights bolt up to the SVX shocks?

M

We have Tein SSPs for an 06 wrx, we have enough adjust ability and the pillow balls let us move the shock where we need it.

04sti
11-02-2006, 08:59 PM
here is one more picture

dynomatt
11-03-2006, 12:37 AM
I forgot the strut sits much further forward on the WRX/Legacy's.

I notice you haven't connected the swaybar yet...any plans?

I also notice that you've used the alloy front lateral links?

Did you see if you could adapt the WRX trailing links to fit too? They'd need to be mounted in a different spot. The SVX trailing links are about 250mm shorter I think.

The next question is what are you going to do about the front? As discussed elsewhere, it's not such an easy fit.

Matt

04sti
11-03-2006, 07:21 AM
We used the svx trailing links, it took a little forcing but we bent them so that they were straight, not on an angle like they are now, we did use the alloy ones and they weigh almost nothing:D, and the rear lateral links are the wrx ones also, the swaybar mounting we haven't discussed much yet. I am probably going to get some custom one's made once I see what i am working with. We are going to used the wrx sway bar because the sway bar endlinks are on the lateral links on the wrx, not the hubs. The front is going to be tricky, we have an idea but we are not sure yet. This whole project is a gamble, it might work it might not but we are this far.