PDA

View Full Version : CF

cdigerlando
05-04-2001, 10:41 PM
Hey Paul have you paid these guys yet? I hope not. At least not all of it.

museumquality
05-05-2001, 11:29 AM
they are paid in full, and i talked with the clowns friday./ they have the same story, still having trouble with the scoop, i told him, if product won't be ready by the end of next week, i will be down there for a refund. these guys are sittin on us because we are paid up. chuck,,, please call them monday, and give them a push, let them know you are upset. this is not the way to do biz, everytime i call they stutter and make up an excuse. i like to do biz with respectable peeps. if these guys are having such a tuff time,,,, how experienced are they?? hhhmmmmm. they work with cf evryday, and they can't add a simple scoop to a hood.
they did confirmed my address, now that they have recieved them from import fan. when you call them ask that they confirm yours as well.

GUYS< If you purchased a hood, do yourself and the rest of us a favor and call these guys, monday, tell them to get them finished or, refund the monies.

LETS GET OUR HOODS.

cdigerlando
05-05-2001, 01:29 PM
What's the number? I'm not going to be very nice. Anyone up for legal action? Would someone please please inspect the lot of these things. I don't want a piece of **** delivered to my body shop. I would rather nip it in the bud, and refuse CC payment altogether.

museumquality
05-05-2001, 01:46 PM
uno know i'm on that, i think i will take a trip down wednesday, and i'll be sure to let these guys know i'll be there. their # is on page 4 of the carbonfiber thread, along with complete info, under my name.
talk with steve when you guys call.

jimi and the inspection whors

cdigerlando
05-05-2001, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the tip. I would really appreciate it if you inspected my hood before it was shipped. I may call perfection performance and speak to someone there. They are the ones that will have to deal with my CC company if this is not done correctly.

museumquality
05-07-2001, 01:11 PM
unfortunately,
perfection performance is like 1 guy, (chris) not much he can do for you, its the production company we need to push, i called again today, and let them know if one of us starts pushin for a refund, then the whole group could fall in. he said this week for sure.
i told him that one of the buyers, the doner of the hood needed to get it for sure this week, he will be leaving town.

call them today. i'll be on them tommorrow again.
now that i have the head lamps finished i REALLY WANT THAT HOOD!

cdigerlando
05-07-2001, 03:46 PM
I called TC Spoilers today. They said that Steve was handling this project, and he wasn't there today.

I do a lot of construction oversite for a major utilitity in Central Florida. We don't pay for things until they are completed. This is very important. Also we don't talk to subs, we talk to the people we have a contract with. Right now I have a contract with Perfection Performance. I paid them for the hood. Typically you pay for the mold first then the hoods, as they are produced. That limits the liability. If this was not done, too bad. Maybe Chris should be calling them. At any rate, we don't need the sub answering phone calls we need them pumping out quality inspected hoods. Chris should be handling the pressure and the inspection, especially if he does not want to deal with my Credit card company for not delivering on a product. That is Fraud. :mad: I am prepared to get legal about this. At this point I don't even want the hood anymore. I'm really convinced that they are going to be of poor quality. Has anyone seen the production of these hoods? God only knows what we are getting. What ever happened to Fiber Images????? :mad: :mad: I feel like I've just been taken for a ride. I feel even worse for the poor guy who has no hood.

museumquality
05-07-2001, 04:13 PM
well, i talked with chis at perfection, with out much luck. if he was concerned he would have already notified his customers. he has never made an attempt to contact myself, and being of biz nature i know i can take some control. i know they are paid (tc) and they have our addresses to ship to. buyers,, just keep calling and pushing, getting wrapped up in legal action is premature at this point. and yes, steve is who you want to be talking with. the others guys don't know much. except how to eat donuts and lay around and fart.
i'm glad to hear someone else has called, this helps, i don't believe they aren't going to complete the hoods, i just think they are thrown off to the side for other unpaid projects.

will tc spoilers, perfection performance, and importfan.com, ever see business or recommendations from myself in the future??
No, regardless, of how far down the line the company is, they all failed in customer service.

jimi and the deep fat fryer

Red SVX 92
05-07-2001, 04:13 PM
Thanks for looking out for me, jimi.... I'm really getting annoyed by this, because this hood has has held up other plans, which I can't follow through with anymore, because I won't be in town much longer. I wonder whether my hood's even still intact...

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst....

museumquality
05-08-2001, 11:40 AM
TC Spoilers 562-789-5584

museumquality
05-08-2001, 01:25 PM
glad to here you guys are calling , steves boss, tom, is the man to talk with now.
he knows we are pissed,

call them tomorrow and the next day, don't stop until we get them, i told him quality better be great as well, or he just waisted 3 months on a nothing project. we will get refunds on crap production.

Red SVX 92
05-08-2001, 02:33 PM
I still have this feeling that we're being had completely.... Jim, you said you were checking things out at the shop tomorrow, right? Or have plans changed?

museumquality
05-08-2001, 02:42 PM
i'm driving through that area on friday on the way to palm springs, i will stop and check it out.
i'll do my best,

he said they are going to ship to the first man in line this week, being the donor.

if they do not, i will be so pissed, man, i don't know..'

paul tell chris to get prepared to possibly start the refund process.

jimi and very upset hoodless svxman

Red SVX 92
05-08-2001, 04:49 PM
Ah, just called them, they said thursday or friday... but I have this feeling, and my friends' warnings, that they will probably push that back, using the excuse as a delaying tactic... I'll keep you posted, we'll see if they can get that first hood out by friday...

museumquality
05-08-2001, 06:51 PM
i can't talk about this anymore, its starting to make my arms go numb

svxboy
05-10-2001, 04:15 AM
I am also calling these bastards on a daily basis in an attempt to move make them move their a**'s a little bit quicker.

museumquality
05-10-2001, 11:18 AM
thats what we need regardless of what they say.. Make them sick. infact i'm going to call them now.

svxboy
05-10-2001, 11:25 AM
Cool, so will I!

museumquality
05-10-2001, 01:56 PM
it looks like your picking your hood up tomorrow, please post us with what you get. i just spoke to tom and he let me it was ready for you.

Red SVX 92
05-10-2001, 02:37 PM
Whoa... weird! I just called them right now, and they said they're still owrking on it, but I didn't speak with Tom directly though.... I'll try again later.

museumquality
05-10-2001, 02:51 PM
tom said it will be ready for pick up friday, and the rest one per day. through next week. if you do callum let me know what info you get.

Red SVX 92
05-10-2001, 03:26 PM
Just called, and talked to Tom. He said the hood will be ready by tomorrow.... but they can't install it, because they don't have tools.... I believe a wrench will do the trick, correct? Does anyone know what size is required, and how much it might cost, because I have no access to any tools down here and will have to buy one.

Also, just FYI, when I called earlier today, the guy I talked to said maybe two days per hood.... I'm guessing this is a more realistic timetable, though I wish I could believe otherwise.

I'll post an update tomorrow, if I get the hood... hopefully, it turns out well.....

museumquality
05-10-2001, 03:31 PM
i think the hood bolts are 12mm, then the 10mm on the lifts, could be wrong someone will correct this.
easy install if produced right.

your lifts are going to work awesome with this light hood, i'm glad ,,,mine are getting weak, slamed on my back once,

suby_qa
05-11-2001, 02:45 AM
The light at the end of the tunnel?

svxboy
05-11-2001, 02:49 AM
I will believe it when I see it!

Aredubjay
05-11-2001, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by suby_qa
The light at the end of the tunnel?

Let's just hope it ain't a train! :D Onward and upward, guys! If they stiff you today, I'll call and give 'em $h!t -- and I haven't even ordered a hood. :)

museumquality
05-11-2001, 02:22 PM
hopefully soon,

Red SVX 92
05-12-2001, 03:19 AM
Guess what? I dropped by TC Spoilers, to pick up my hood.... and they actually had it! :D

After a frustrating morning and afternoon, where I called, and felt like I was getting the run-around yet once again.... I actually talked to someone who was straightforward, sincere, and honest. I talked with Warren, and he told me to pick up the hood after 5:00pm. They were even nice enough to wait until 7:30 for me, (they close at 7:00) because I fell behind schedule.

They put the hood on my car, and took off the hood struts (the struts won't work with the c/f hood), and attached the latch and everything for me. When I talked to them previously, they said that they could give me a hood,but that it might not be the best quality. Well folks, if my hood wasn't the best quality, then I'd be very eager to see what they consider "best quality"! :) The hood was beautiful, with a decent shine and a beautifully-done scoop. The carbon-fiber design on the contours of the hood seem slightly strange, but this is more due to the nature of carbon fiber, rather than any defect in craftmanship by the shop. The hood scoop was well-contoured, and the spots on the hood which I first thought were defects turned out to be dirt marks. Installation was staightforward, but they couldn't get the latch to lock properly, even with my stock latch. They had no idea why it wouldn't lock properly (it locked, but had to be coerced slightly) but it seems that the locking mechanism is set too low. The locking mechanism has to be adjusted and pushed up for the latch to work perfectly, but I had no problems with it, and I've driven 100 miles with that hood already. I will get that adjusted in maybe 2-3 weeks, when I have time, but pushing it down for now is no big deal. Also, there was a slightly larger than usual gap on one side of the c/f hood. However, this seems to be a problem common to most c/f hoods (My friend has an Integra with c/f hood, and his gap looks like much wider than mine). I was advised by the shop that I can loosen the bolts on the side with the gap, and just push it inward to take care of that gap. I will also try to get this fixed in 2-3 weeks.

The staff were very helpful, and showed me these pointers, as well as doing the whole install for me. They made sure it was good, and that the hood was correctly placed and bolted.

Also, they suggested adding a layer of clearcoat to make the hood shine even more. Another suggestion was to add red pearl in the clearcoat, to make the hood look reddish at certain angles. I'm not sure if I'm going to try it, but I will consult a body shop about it, and the cost. I defnitely like that idea, just to add a more unique touch to the hood.

Well, that's the summary of it. I am very happy with the quality of the hood. All I could point out was that the inside edge of the scoop seemed a little rough, with some lighter colors, but it's very hard to see, especially from the eyes of a person looking at your car. It's not very visible, and I really could care less. I could see nothing else wrong with the hood. They suggested painting the scoop border to highlight it, but I think I'd rather leave it the way it is... painting it black seems to detract from the whole thing being carbon fiber.

They have finally delivered. :)

CGLathrop
05-12-2001, 07:01 AM
Would love to see some pics of that hood when you get the chance. How much weight did it take off the car?

Chris

Aredubjay
05-12-2001, 12:23 PM
Congrats, Red. Glad I didn't have to jump in and handle this situation. :D Enjoy!

museumquality
05-12-2001, 12:29 PM
if you can post a photo that would be awesome.

Red SVX 92
05-12-2001, 01:41 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner or a digital camera. My friend does, but he lives a good distance from me. I will try to borrow his camera next weekend, but it might take a while, if I can even get a pic

museumquality
05-12-2001, 01:44 PM
i have mine by then, i will post it as soon as i do.

Rev Hard
05-13-2001, 09:47 AM
Why do i seem to feel a weight lifted off my shoulders.... I just hope everyone is as happy with their hood as Red. Damn...*whew*.. I'm semi ecstatic...... (note: I would be ecstatic fullly if i still owned the car)........ Anyway maybe i should just call Import fan and have them ship me a CRX hood and have them keep the SVX one... Screw the Ex....

Paul

museumquality
05-13-2001, 12:35 PM
screw the ex,
she won't need it or appreciate it, so slap one on the crx si. the crx. is a very upgradeble car. you be suprised at the amount of hp you can pull out of it. an svx beater? could be. the only prob is that its a different chat site.
black with cf hood would look great!

Rev Hard
05-13-2001, 02:51 PM
I know it can make mad HP hell mine ran a 15.2 before the ex barfed the motor. Anyway im not really into going fast anymore.. I want a luxo-GT car...... Anyone care to donate a Lexus GS300?

Paul

museumquality
05-13-2001, 03:24 PM
though you don't care for speed, -great choice they are pumping 420 hp out of these, incredible for a 6. i recently saw a bank repo 300 for 8500. high miles, black and beautiful..
great choice anyway, the only prob is there is a demand for the older 300s, they hold their value quite well. the nice bit about the svx, there isn't a demand, not many know much about it. and you already know all the tricks w/ it. a black svx in the LA area, for 4500 best offer right now.

we need to keep you on the board-- stick with the svx,

Red SVX 92
05-13-2001, 05:57 PM
Hmmm.... there's a black SVX in my parking lot at school... in Long Beach... I wonder if....

But as for the GS300, you're not talking about 420 hp stock are you?!?! Last time I checked, those things only made 220, and I have never heard of anyone using that car as a project car.

As for speed, I feel pretty weak... A Civic with an Integra GS-R motor kept up with me from a dead start.... oh well.

museumquality
05-13-2001, 07:03 PM
they get additional 200+ hp, great car to pickup if you are into mods, lots available, pick up a sport compact car mag, all kinds of lexus performance offered.
as far as being beatin by an integra, i believe it, i was neck and neck with a probe a few weeks back and it was depressing. but then again, iwas fly up the 1 from malibu awhile back right behind a porsche boxter, towards the north end, hitin major speeds through the turns, he really couldn't pull away, i could tell he was pissed...
i will install the nitrous system within the next month, will let you know how it performs, with 100hp gain it should be a rocket. as far as investments for speed on this car, it seems to be the only reasonable option, 500.00 gets you set up. neuspeed has a great system. keep the rest of the money in the bank. for real speed/perf i will buy a lotus esprit, i see them around LA for 15,000. looked at one in studio city last week, beautiful!

with your new hood you better do something, you will be gettin all kinds of props. for drags. or just act like it's not worth your time.

red,,,when i get the system on and running smooth you are welcome to come up to my store in camarillo and check it out.

Red SVX 92
05-13-2001, 11:13 PM
Thanks, museumquality, for the offer, I may check it out once you got it in... Just wondering, is the nitrous kit you're adding a wet or dry kit? I've already got a dry kit in mine, but haven't had the time to install spark plugs to get it up and running. Also, I'm worried that the fuel injectors may not be able to support the extra required fuel... I guess I'll find out the hard way soon, once I get it up and running.... If you are getting a dry kit, and can clarify that, please pass it on to me :)

And I can't believe I didn't even think about the Lexus mods! I used to suscribe to Sport Compact Car too! Guess I was too busy looking at the typical cars, the Hondas, etc. to notice ;)

And if I had $15,000 lying around, I'd be getting that Lotus too! Good luck, if you go through with it! :)

museumquality
05-14-2001, 05:16 PM
they say they are shipping mine today or tommorrow, so i should get it this week. i will post jpgs.
anyone else heard anything?

does anyone need a very heavy stock svx hood. this will be free, i can put it in the cf hood box when it arrives, you can just send a call tag out for it.

let me know soon, i won't have it around much longer.

nubs
05-14-2001, 08:43 PM
Jimi, I am interested in your hood, let me know when you are ready to get rid of it.

museumquality
05-14-2001, 11:01 PM
as soon as the cf hood is mounted and checks out good, its yours.

museumquality
05-16-2001, 02:51 PM
TC said they shipped my hood yesterday!
it could be here today, prob tommorrow.

i will snap a shot as soon as i unwrap it for all to see.

museumquality
05-17-2001, 03:17 PM
if you do --call a freight company find out the shipping, it may change your mind,
figure the size a bit larger than the actual hood, my zip is 93010.
let me know soon,
not sure on the weight,

cdigerlando
05-18-2001, 02:13 PM
I just found out I'm not on the list to get a hood. Could one of you guys please straighten this out. My phone number is (407) 836-6945 & (407) 834-9160.

museumquality
05-18-2001, 02:27 PM
yeah, you need to call perfection performance, talk with chris about that.
i recommended that you guys email import fan about 1 1/2 month ago. verify your addresses.
oh well, got to deal with it now.
i will do what i can in trying to take care of this for you.

jimi your southwest support

museumquality
05-18-2001, 02:42 PM
rev-hard paul

has been crusin through this site without up dates, so i would think there is nothing for him to share, so you will have to take on the investigating much like i had to. i spent alot of time, talking a figuring out where my hood is and to confirm my address.

cdigerlando
05-18-2001, 02:52 PM
Do you know their number?? I don't have a clue.

museumquality
05-18-2001, 03:14 PM
it has all the info,
look through the original carbon fiber thread by paul. i believe it was posted their,

actually i know what chris's reaction will be, _ paul is in charge of this deal, you will need to talk with him,, therefore, by pass him, go to importfan, ask them to find your order on their system, and tell them to get back to you asap. once they locate it, tell them to forward it to t.c. asap. if import doesn't have it, then call chris and he will have to get on paul.

if t.c. doesn't have you in there system then its quite possible there isn't an order for your hood, they will need to ad this hood as soon as they get your address.

PAUL (Rev hard) if you read this, feel free to jump in anytime. we need to get this resolved, i know you will.

jimi the caretaker

nubs
05-18-2001, 04:37 PM
Hey Jimi , I am going to have to pass on the hood.I hate to miss out on a deal like this, but something came up that has used up my extra cash. I am sure you won't have any problem getting rid of it. Sorrry.:(

museumquality
05-18-2001, 04:42 PM
anyone else need a hood, no dents, needs paint, FREE FREE FREE,
just let me know, i won't have it around much longer.

jimi

zsvx
05-18-2001, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by museumquality
anyone else need a hood, no dents, needs paint, FREE FREE FREE,
just let me know, i won't have it around much longer.

jimi How long is "not much longer"? I would take it off your hands for you but like you said shipping would probably be expensive. Probably be better for me to drive down there; I have friends near Camarillo anyway :)

So how much longer are you planning on holding on to it?

museumquality
05-18-2001, 04:50 PM
but not much longer, but if you want it i will hold it, just grab it within a month or so.

museumquality
05-18-2001, 04:53 PM
if you drive down, do it hoodless, then we can bolt this one up for the trip home, then switch back, that way you can enjoy your drive in the svx.

museumquality
05-19-2001, 12:47 PM
the photos in your locker of the hood, almost look like the hood is cracked or something. i imagine the edges that we see that are kinda reflecting, and dont look like that in person.

would love to see a day shot on the car, i will post mine as soon as its on

Rev Hard
05-20-2001, 03:23 AM
Give me a call at home on Monday before 11 am and i will handle this... I sent them a list of all the addy's to ship to except yours. Due to the fact I am an idiot i never got them yours (computer crash and various other technicallities are to blame here too) But i will get your info to them as soon as i talk to you. If you have my number no longer its 440-255-0395.. Again i will take care of this asap. dont bother Chris, he had nothing to do with any of this and really and truly just let me use his c.c. machine as a favor..... So call me and i will straighten this all out......

Paul

cdigerlando
05-20-2001, 07:34 AM
Thanks. I'll call you monday. I guess this puts me at the end of the list.

cdigerlando
05-20-2001, 07:38 AM
Paul:

This is the new address:

AutoNation Collision Center of Longwood
Att: Bob Safker (hood for Mr. DiGerlando)
461 Florida Central Parkway
Longwood, FL 32750

Let me know if you get this. I will also e-mail you.

Chuck.

htyei
05-20-2001, 02:35 PM
Hey so wheres The pictures of the CF hood! Im dying of anticipation :)

Red SVX 92
05-20-2001, 03:27 PM
Jimi: The hood isn't cracked, but rather, I used a digital camera at night to take the shots. Digital cameras, except for ones with a REALLY good flash, generally don't shoot too well at night. Even then, You wouldn't be able to really see the beautiful shimmer of the carbon fiber. I was hoping to do a day shoot, but I was over at my friends to borrow his camera, and I left that night, before I could take a shot of it in the day. There's no cracks in it... the random dots, etc. along the hood are reflections from lights, etc., and the white line on the first shot is the edge of the carbon fiber hood (I need to adjust my latch, because, right now, the driver's side part of the hood is higher by a few millimeters than the other side) Also, I just realized that the shot didn't turn out as well as I hoped. I had looked at the photos on my friend's computer, and for some reason, you could see more of the c/f on the second shot than showed up.

I apologize for being unable to provide a day shot, but I have limited resources, which are spent on my car instead of digital cameras... :D

But the shimmer is something you have to see in person... I doubt any camera could truly reproduce that nice shine...

Oh yeah, and htyei, if you want to see the hood in person, maybe you can come by sometime... I'm in Long Beach, but I'm only going to stay here for four more days.... It's always cool to meet other SVXers on the board... :) Actually, I'll extend this offer to anyone in the LA area. I do have finals this week, but I don't mind making some time.... studying is boring anyways :)

htyei
05-20-2001, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the offer! I'll try and see what I can do

btw
heres your cf pictures which I took the liberty of autoleveling so its a little more brighter

http://svx.enzeru.com/files/cf-hood-side-autolevel.jpg

http://svx.enzeru.com/files/cf-hood-front-autolevel.jpg

Aredubjay
05-20-2001, 04:17 PM
Henry, look in REDSVX's personal locker.

htyei
05-20-2001, 05:05 PM
Ardubjay, thats were I got the pictures from.
I just took the liberty of brightening up the pictures in photoshop
so you can see more of it.

Red SVX 92
05-20-2001, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the editing work, Henry! :) The pictures seem a lot closer to what I saw on my friend's computer, but I didn't have the graphics programs necessary to do that. Thanks, the pictures look quite a bit nicer now! ;)

And yeah, if you feel like seeing it in person, we can definitely work something out!

cdigerlando
05-21-2001, 08:17 AM
Hey Paul:

I tried calling you but your phone is turned off. I hope you got this address. Please let me know if you did. If you call TC and give them my name, they have the address I sent them. They just didn't know I was supposed to get a hood. I guess I'm on the end of the list now. They need to hurry. Let me know if you get this my number during the day is (407) 836-6945.

thanks
Chuck

Rev Hard
05-21-2001, 09:37 AM
My phone is turned off? what message did you get? Im on my phone line now. and i just talked to you on it. I'm just curious.....

Paul

cdigerlando
05-21-2001, 03:28 PM
Yes. This happened just before I talked to you. Never mind. Thanks

museumquality
05-21-2001, 03:54 PM
Red, you'r right, i just can't get a shot that can reproduce the actual shine of the surface.
I'm pretty happy with what i recieved, and do think i will be able to use the lifts. i will let you know how it works, if it works.
i will post more to my locker as time goes on, it's going to be awesome to see the hood with the lights, and the grill should be finished next week. then,,,, the bumper.
would like to see a day shot of yours with the red, i'm down at pierce college alot, my girl friend goes there, maybe if you are around that area sometime, we can meet up. i'll be there tonight, but were runnin up to city walk, for dinner then race the nascar simulator. it F---king rules. only prob is i'm takin the land rover,

jimi out

Red SVX 92
05-21-2001, 07:54 PM
Jmi: I'm sorry, but I 'm not sure exactly where Pierce College is. Where would it be in relation to, say, LA?

Also, I didn't bother with the struts on mine, because i'm not too keen on drilling into the hood.... I know that people at TC were concerned about any drilling, and they advised me that if I wanted to put the Subaru hood back on, that I should shave the pegs and put double-sided adhesive, instead of drilling holes in the carbon fiber. Also, the thing's so light, that I've been advised by my friends to add hoodpins, to prevent the hood from flying up. I don't want to do it, but I'd be worried about the struts possibly providing the extra force required to push the hood up and cause it to fly up. I don't really know how grounded in fact that belief is, but I'm worried nonetheless.

I wish I could provide a day shot, but it's doubtful. And I think your hood has that same beautiful shine anyways :) But I may ask you to do those headlight assemblies for me... You said $200, right? I'm not sure if i'll do it right now, but I think eventually I might. But thats pretty cool, that you come down here... We really should meet up sometime, when I'm here (I'm leaving SoCal in three days, but I'll be back in a few months). It would be great to meet a fellow SVXer! :)

museumquality
05-21-2001, 10:39 PM
back from the valley stopped in to pick up my dog, pierce is in the valley, off desoto, -near the 101 - 405 X
i'll be workin on my x machine when i get home, can't wait,

yeah we'll have to meet up when ever you get back into town, hope to see you on the board here while you are away from LA.

anyway the hood rocks!

i gota get home and get down with this thing.

jimi and the carbon fiber condom

1994SubaruSVX
05-23-2001, 11:45 AM
your hood looks really great. you seem to have it lined up really good. i was at first thinking that there would be no way in hell i would be interested in something like that but after looking at yours maybe i can pick up paul's......hint.....hint.....paul???

cdigerlando
05-24-2001, 12:55 PM
I am so pissed. TC does not have my address and they won't ship me a hood until they receive the address from Paul. They won't take an address from me. I spoke to Paul Monday and he told me he would call. They told me he didn't. I am so pissed.

This is so unfair, because tomorrow I am calling my credit card and telling them this whole story, to dispute this payment. I also think that it is unfair, because I paid full price for this hood in F****in February and now someone is going to be able to buy it straight up.

No more Mercey. :mad: :mad:

museumquality
05-24-2001, 01:44 PM
Paul,,???
Please as you read his email grab a phone and fix this. i understood all involved in the past, but this right here is becoming a serious problem.

Chuck lets try to contact Paul one last time before you move on your refund.
Paul, you need to understand that if Chuck does proceed with his dispute, it will effect your friends biz,, Perfection Performance. CHris at P.P. - if you read this, you may want to take the necessary steps in fixing this yourself. Which is simply make a paid customer happy. Chuck has been extremely patient and deserves some consideration.

I as a group buyer, not only want to see my product which i have, but want to see that everyone is happy as a group.

Do the right thing Paul, save everyone a big problem.

Rev Hard
05-24-2001, 01:52 PM
I just got my damn phone turned back on today. I am sorry for your problems but i have a 400$ phone bill due to this whole ordeal California and oregon are not actually local calls for me. I'm out a hood and $400! I'm fed up with dealing with these people. I called Ted he said he would fix it came home and i had no damn phone.... I had to pay just to have local turned back on. It's not to say that i dont care but guys **** AINT GOIN RIGHT HERE FOR ME! Chuck wait, IT WILL GET STRAIGHTENED OUT. I realize my word means ****. But i will handle this as soon as my buddy gets home and i can use his cell.......

Paul ' just as fed up with carbon fiber anything as the rest of you'

cdigerlando
05-24-2001, 02:13 PM
This is their e-mail address if your phone does not work

TCspoiler2000@yahoo.com

All they need to know is that Chuck DiGerlando is next in line for a hood and verify the address to send it to. I have already sent them the damn address. They don't even have me down to get a hood and I paid in February!!!!!

Let me know when you have sent this message to them, because I will call them and demand they check their e-mail. No more excuses. I am not waiting any longer. If this is not taken care of today I am calling my credit card company in the morning. I have been very patient, but this is damn frustrating.

The address is:

Auto Nation Collision Center of Longwood
Att: Bob Safker (Mr. DiGerlando's Hood)
416 Florida Central Parkway
Longwood, FL 32750

Rev Hard
05-24-2001, 02:23 PM
Its taken care of. call steve and verify if you wish. I just got off the phone with him...... Your getting yours next..

I have nothing more to say. I'm done with carbon fiber and SVX's

P.s. dont like my excuses? good their legitmate and not excuses. Dont like me? fine... other ppl in this world like me less Trust me

Paul 'Fed Up'

cdigerlando
05-24-2001, 02:33 PM
There is more than one way to skin a cat. That was my point. You could have just e-mailed them. I appreciate your work on this project, but you have to understand that I invested a lot very early on, and am frustrated that they don't even have me down to receive one.

This has nothing to do with liking you Paul....It has to do with protecting my investment. Ready for a big hug now:)

When this is all done we will all laugh about this....I hope you still can.

I'll give them a call. Really I just wish they would have taken my word on it.

1994SubaruSVX
05-24-2001, 02:34 PM
sorry this has all been so hard on you paul. in everyone's defense i think they are just frustrated with the process and money spent. you just so happen to be the liason between them and the guys making the hoods. i have been reading this thread as an outside and that is my take. what i am trying to say is dont take it personal i dont think chuck is angry at you at all. you will always be welcome here my friend, SVX or not.;)

cdigerlando
05-24-2001, 02:45 PM
Thanks Paul. They will be shipping a bunch of hoods out today and tomorrow and I am next on the list. Next time you are in Orlando I'll make it up to you. You can race me in the only SVX that can beat a WRX. We have a track in East Orlando. We all owe you a lot. If you need a place to stay, I should have my guest room finished soon.

Rev Hard
05-24-2001, 02:52 PM
Ok im calm now.... I know it wasnt personal but im on dialup man no phone = no net.

94subiesvx... I realize that. And trust me im down $900 on this project.... Oh well, She did pay my rent before she left so thats why shes getting the hood. So lets just say im out $400... still a good chunk of change...

To the rest of you......
I hope im now done with this hood problem stuff... If not call or e-mail me... I have to deal with this till its done.

Paul 'having day 2 of the ****tiest 2 days in his life'

museumquality
05-24-2001, 03:13 PM
snapped with the new camera, that produces some great quality,
as for my lights they are not botted in completely because bent mounts from an accident. (not mine)

Good texture shots of the hood,

http://www.museumquality.com/svx

RED? still around? check out the lifts within these jpgs, works awesome. let me know if you need help with this, no prob.

others? if you mount your lifts, use rubber washers against the fiber, then reg washers directing on top, snug it up. do not use metal washer against the fiber. crackage....

your lifts will feel like brand new.

Paul came through, i knew he would, lets move on

cdigerlando
05-24-2001, 04:19 PM
Tell you what. When we all get our hoods, how about contributing to the expenses Paul incurred. I don't have a problem with that at all. 400/10 is $40 a piece. What do you guys think?

Rev Hard
05-24-2001, 04:32 PM
.... no thanks.... i couldnt if i wanted to. Take the $40 and go buy yourself something as a "gift" from me for having to put up with this ****....

Paul

museumquality
05-24-2001, 04:33 PM
i do appreciate this idea,, however,

i myself am involved in many diffrerent types of relations in biz, and if this type of consideration was considered, i wouldn't be in it for long. i do my best in thanks to Paul and do wish him the best in his adventures through life.

Paul your quote after surrounding yourself with possitive peeps was great, just keep on that track, its the track to fast recovery, and great relations.

Red SVX 92
05-24-2001, 09:20 PM
Hey Jimi, you needed to drill the holes for the struts, right? I may try it, but I need to get my latch fixed before I worry about that. I may be asking you for some help soon, though :D

And thanks, Paul, for all the help through this. I know we got on your case pretty hard for something that you had no control over, and I hope you accept my apologies for that. Hope things work out for you, man.

cdigerlando
05-24-2001, 09:52 PM
I understand that this was an extremely difficult thing to organize and see through. I also know that you had some tough times through it all and I felt for you. Please don't think that anyone thinks any less of you. You have done a LOT for this club. Not only did you start it, but you also organized the FIRST SVX AFTERMARKET BODY WORK. I felt that this was the most important piece to the lightning of the heavy SVX. Don't be so darned hard on yourself. These things can be difficult.

Don't think anyone thinks any less of you. On the contrary, I think even more of you. Good things come out of difficult times. Believe me. I feel bad that you don't have an SVX now. I hope that you find one in good shape soon.

Take care
Your friend

museumquality
05-24-2001, 11:11 PM
unless, your name is Red.

so, i had to drill out a 1" in diameter hole as you see in the jpg, to get access to place the washers and nut on the inside. i then drilled out the hole for the bolt coming off the lift. if you look on the side where it mounts to the hood you can see where they taped over the existing holes on the original hood. these act as great markers.
also, if you can save your bumpers off the original hood, they are mounted to the hood and hit the frame when it comes down. i reversed this and mounted them to the frame, trimming them down to the right height so the hood is perfectly level with the quarter panels when its closed.
then the latch, fortunately i didnt have to adjust mine, but its not tuff, just loosen the bolts and slide it up or down depending on your situation.
with the bumpers on the frame, it makes it a tight shut, therefore i believe we do not need hood pins.

if you want to come up on a sunday, i've got the tools for the job, won't be tuff, i'd also like to look at your nitro system.(i believe you said you had nitrous installed??)

jimi

:o

Red SVX 92
05-25-2001, 03:23 AM
Call me Red for now ;)

Well, I just checked the location of Pierce College.... Do you mean the one in Washington??? I'm not sure if I could drive up there easily, but we could definitely see how this works out. :)

As for the hood struts, I am considering selling them to FlagstaffSVX, but if it can work out, I may keep them.... and I'd be more than happy to let you get a look at my nitro system... It's not operational yet, but by the time I ever get up to Washington, one of two things will have happened: 1. My nitrous will be working perfectly, or 2. My engine will have detonated. I'll find out the hard way soon enough.... :rolleyes:

I'll find out about the latch in a week or two, and I'll probably do the rubber bumpers and a clearcoat for the hood at the same time.

And my name is Darren. :D

museumquality
05-25-2001, 10:14 AM
Pierce is a junior college in the valley, Woodland Hills, CA, prob 25 min from you, but if you want to come up here on the weekend i am in Camarillo, near Thousand Oaks. (up the 101) over the hill from Malibu.

Deffinetly save your lifts, they work awesome with the hood.

just let me know when you want to come up. Make it a Sunday though.

jimi gets to work