PDA

View Full Version : Tired of ad campaigns

demonsvx
10-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Recently local candidates have stepped up there barrage of whos better than the other what their past holds blah blah blah. And these "politicians" are qualified for what? Does your district have the same problems?

shelfy
10-20-2006, 05:07 PM
must be a TN thing only. :rolleyes:

demonsvx
10-20-2006, 08:18 PM
I realize this is a national PROBLEM not just local. It just irritates me to know that the average person has no chance against financial heavy hitters whose monetary contributions get them elected:mad: Also where you go to vote do they ask what party are you voting for? What does it matter?

SubaSteevo
10-21-2006, 08:24 AM
The other day I saw a local ad for our marijuana party candidate (I don't remember his actual name, but he goes by NJWEEDMAN). I'd vote for him, not because I necessarily like his politics, but because his ad was about his position and didn't mention the other candidates at all. $ definately comes into play though, as I said I saw one ad while being overwhelmed with ads from the other candidates

Electrophil
10-21-2006, 03:05 PM
I haven't seen an ad yet from either side that speaks only on their issues. Every single one is slamming the other guy or rebutting how the other is lying in their ads. :mad:

demonsvx
10-22-2006, 04:03 PM
It would be nice if actually stick to the real issues at hand not the opponents past. People make mistakes dont blow it out of proportion. I do want a elected official to do their job and use common sense in their actions. Our current election in Tennessee has Harold Ford Jr and Bob Corker slamming each other and it makes me sick to know how much money they are wasting on radio and television ads, which come on every 15 minutes. I recently heard a dinner for Bob Corker had $10,000.00 plates for contributions:eek: WTF is wrong with this picture.

dcarrb
10-25-2006, 05:57 AM
Our current election in Tennessee has Harold Ford Jr and Bob Corker slamming each other and it makes me sick to know how much money they are wasting on radio and television ads, which come on every 15 minutes. I recently heard a dinner for Bob Corker had $10,000.00 plates for contributions:eek: WTF is wrong with this picture.

I get Chattanooga television via cable and wish I lived in Tennessee just so I vote against Bob Corker. What a self-absorbed prick! His current comedic ads belittling Ford for originally being from Washington, D.C., questioning the sincerity of his religious convictions and such make me want to throw something at the TV. I haven't seen a single Ford ad resort to such juvenile nonsense.

dcb

Electrophil
10-25-2006, 09:14 AM
Another from D.C. ad?

We have Tessa Hafen running for Congress out here, and Congressman Porter keeps running an ad saying she has lived in Washington D.C. for the past 8 years.

Well Duh!! She was working for Senator Harry Reid for the last 8 years. Was she suppose to drive 2,000 miles to work?

Porter must have stole the idea from Tennessee.

Edited the above to read Congress vs Senate and Porter vs Ensign. All these ads are getting confusing!!

dcarrb
10-25-2006, 09:31 AM
[Cue comically-thick, syrupy-sweet Southern accents from, a-hem... "people on the street"]

"Dit'un he grow up in Dee Cee?"

"Harold's from Dee Cee, not Tenn-a-see!"

"He went to some prep school in Dee Cee, dinn't 'e?"

All in the same commercial.

dcb

Electrophil
10-25-2006, 09:48 PM
[Cue comically-thick, syrupy-sweet Southern accents from, a-hem... "people on the street"]

"Dit'un he grow up in Dee Cee?"

"Harold's from Dee Cee, not Tenn-a-see!"

"He went to some prep school in Dee Cee, dinn't 'e?"

All in the same commercial.

dcb

I was born and raised in Knoxville, TN. So :D :D I was able to read this perfectly in the right accent. It was even making me laugh reading it like that. :D

dcarrb
10-27-2006, 12:30 PM
The newest advertised Harold Ford, Jr. transgression:

Are you ready for it? He has... [gasp!]

H O L L Y W O O D V A L U E S

There was a bit on last night's CBS Evening News about how nasty this particular campaign has become.

dcb

Electrophil
10-31-2006, 05:59 AM
The newest advertised Harold Ford, Jr. transgression:

Are you ready for it? He has... [gasp!]

H O L L Y W O O D V A L U E S

There was a bit on last night's CBS Evening News about how nasty this particular campaign has become.

dcb

What the heck is a Hollywood value? A conservative color on their Navigators?

lhopp77
10-31-2006, 07:57 AM
What the heck is a Hollywood value? A conservative color on their Navigators?

Well check out Michael Moore, Jane Fonda, Sarendan (sp?), Penn, Polesi, Feinstein (sp?), ACLU issues---and I think you might get a pretty good idea of the Hollywood values. Every super liberal issue supporting their secular, no constraint philosophies to include open borders, abortion at any term on demand, therapy instead of punishment for violent criminals, etc, etc, etc.

:D :p :D :eek:

I think the more astute observers on here are very much aware of the meaning of "hollywood values" :p :p

Lee