PDA

View Full Version : Tick

Archer999
10-17-2006, 11:38 AM
I have noticed a ticking sound. Sounds like it coming from driverside front tire. The sound seams to tick with the revolution of my tire, not the rpm of my engine.

I know I need new front brake pads and rotors. could that be causing the sound?

Also, it is not worse when im turning or anything. It just ticks with the revolution of my tire.

any advise would be appreciated thanks.......

svxcess
10-17-2006, 11:51 AM
As stupid as it sounds, I would check the between the treads of the front left tire itself. You may have just have picked up a stone or something else lodged in between the treads. I have had it happen many times; the last time it was a cone-shaped metal tip from a ball point pen.

You could also have picked up a nail or screw that embedded itself into the tire, but not enough to cause a flat.

Mr. Pockets
10-17-2006, 12:01 PM
How do your CV boots look? It could be the axle. If it was the diff, I expect you'd be describing it a little differently. :)

Speedklix
10-17-2006, 12:05 PM
-edit-
never mind... svxcess already said both ideas, and with less to read

Archer999
10-17-2006, 03:44 PM
I followed your advise and I found two very small rocks and one fair sized rock in my tire tread. I made a little test run and no more tick.

I just got these tires about a week ago. My old tires didnt have enough tread to hold a rock.

I love cheap $olution$

NikFu S.
10-17-2006, 04:04 PM
I would hope this was a free solution :p

But yeah this happens to me a lot.

Lots of gravel up here.