PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Bypass Mod

Archer999
10-13-2006, 06:36 PM
What are the Benefits of this mod.

SVXRide
10-13-2006, 06:43 PM
The TB isn't heated up by the flow of coolant through it, thus the intake air charge isn't heated up by a hot TB, thus resulting in a more dense intake charge...
-Bill

Archer999
10-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Have you done this mod on your car?

svxfiles
10-13-2006, 10:08 PM
I did this mod on his car.:eek: :p

SVXRide
10-13-2006, 10:15 PM
I did this mod on his car.:eek: :p

It's true! :cool:
-Bill

Archer999
10-14-2006, 12:21 AM
In the morning im going to do the Bypass and the air box seal mod.

Do you know what the inside diameter or just the size of hose that is so I will know the size of fitting to buy?

How much do you think would be a fair price to pay a shop to change the o-rings in a svx steering rack?-side question-

Archer999
10-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Ok, so I got up this morning and sealed my air box and did the Throttle body bypass.

Everything seemed to go fine. I used a piece of hose and a bolt to plug the old TB ports.

I found two hoses coming off the top of my tranny and they dont hook up to anything. They just come out of the top of the tranny curl down and then stop. Does anyone know what they are. I posted a pic

immortal_suby
10-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Those 2 hoses are vents. That is normal.

Archer999
10-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Thank you for your reply. Im allways happy to get good news. I was glad it just a high point vent.

Check out this pic my radiator patch. Drove it all summer long in the Texas heat with this patch. Took me about three try's to get the formula right. I will probably change it next summer but, it helps my bank account for now.

If anyone needs a steering rack, I have one for sale. Will also be on ebay soon.

SVXRide
10-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Thank you for your reply. Im allways happy to get good news. I was glad it just a high point vent.

Check out this pic my radiator patch. Drove it all summer long in the Texas heat with this patch. Took me about three try's to get the formula right. I will probably change it next summer but, it helps my bank account for now.

If anyone needs a steering rack, I have one for sale. Will also be on ebay soon.

Glad things worked out for you! You might want check the number on the steering rack so you can say whether it is a speed or rpm sensitive rack.

-Bill

Archer999
10-14-2006, 06:51 PM
It was sold to me as a speed sensitive with the pump. The speed sensitive pump is on my car now and works great. I dont know how to check the rack to see if its speed or rpm. It should be a speed sensitive rack.