PDA

View Full Version : hey blondeman

1994SubaruSVX
05-04-2001, 03:05 PM
i went to your briefcase and the cold air intake looked really nice! did you do that yourself? let me know because i would love to do somthing like that to my SVX. also do you mind me asking how much you paid for the level 10 tranny cooler. i am going to buy one soon but i want to run mine parallel to the stock one. that way i have basically got two coolers. i dont know tell me what you think considering you have already done this mod. i will wait for your responses.:)

1994SubaruSVX
05-08-2001, 09:36 AM
surely you are not so pissed off blondeman that you can not answer a post. i mean we give you **** but we do like you, i mean you do own an svx and you do bring a lot to the table. i am seriously interested in your cold air intake and would appreciate some insight on how you installed it. where you got the parts, etc. can you please give me some answers. thanks in advance my friend.:)

cdigerlando
05-18-2001, 03:36 PM
I used the KC kit and extended a 100 degree exhuast elbow from the filter flange into the fender. I slipped the filter on in the fender. I also insulated the pipe so it would not get engine air. I cut a whole in the mud flap to let in more air, and taped up other possible entries into the fender from the engine. Check out the pics on SVXtreme site under Chuck's Turbo.

1994SubaruSVX
05-21-2001, 12:38 PM
so when are you coming to memphis to do mine??:D give me the url chuck i dont know the address to the svxtreme site. screw blondeman. i am tired of trying to be nice to him. what tranny cooler did you install? that is my next mod. where should i put it? just give me your set-up and i will duplicate it. i am not handy in the shop so i will not even try to duplicate your intake. but i would like to have one like yours.

cdigerlando
05-21-2001, 11:01 PM
so when are you coming to memphis to do mine?? give me the url chuck i dont know the address to the svxtreme site. screw blondeman. i am tired of trying to be nice to him. what tranny cooler did you install? that is my next mod. where should i put it? just give me your set-up and i will duplicate it. i am not handy in the shop so i will not even try to duplicate your intake. but i would like to have one like yours.

To get to the SVX site type www.yahoo.com. Hit clubs. Search SVX. SVXtreme will come up. Then hit the pictures and look under Chuck's turbo. Its simple.

I installed a plate and frame tranny cooler from Level 10. It was expensive $120, but well worth it. You can either go through your radiator first and then through the air cooler or just bypass the radiator all together. Whatever you do backflush the filter strainer and the radiator to make sure you have good flow. Also replace the fluid with a good synthetic like Amsoil ATF. I attached the oil cooler to the A/C condenser between the radiator. The best way to do this is remove the radiator. Bend the power steering cooling tubing so the cooler fits. Centering it is best to avoid too much bending. Then push the plastic attachment things through the cooler and then through the condenser. Push on the clip until it is tight and cut it off. Don't do this the other way around. It will scratch your radiator fins when putting the radiator back in (I did it and had to realign them).

When I am done with my turbo project I will have little need for my bracket (no more MAF). I might be able to fashion something for you and sell you my bracket. I also think I know where you can get another filter like mine. It will be much cheaper than the KCs, but better.

Don't get pissed at Blondeman. I think he is a little frustrated with the SVX. I don't blame him. It can be an expensive car, and it is difficult to modify. I don't think I would suggest my turbo kit to anyone but the most gearhead insane person with lots of money to spend.

Struts and springs need replacing, and are therefore a more practical modifiation. Intake mods are cheap and good. Your exhaust mod sounds excellent.

1994SubaruSVX
05-23-2001, 11:19 AM
i am not mechanically inclined like you my friend. i will most definitely pay someone else to do the work. i just need the best general location to tell this guy where to put the cooler. also i have heard the best way to set this thing up is parallel to the stock cooler. the logic is if the stock cooler clogs and you have the aftermarket cooler in a series after the stock then in that case the aftermarket cooler is not going to help you either. your thoughts? your setup? give me some more info. on this cold air intake setup and keep in mind i will not be doing this myself. i am notorious for screwing sh$$ like this up. thanks for your help my friend.:D