PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a 92 that needs a tranny

It's Just Eric
10-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Title is pretty self explanitory. Basicly, im looking for an svx that needs a transmission but is otherwise mechanicly sound. The body must be solid and for the most part not destroyed. It will have all the body work done, so it isnt a main priority, but id like to have somnething workable to start with.matinence records are a plus, but not necicary. Im located in NJ, checking out NY, MD, and PA areas as well. Looking to spend 500-1200 depending whats offered
-Eric

Budfreak
10-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Check out mine Eric:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35444

Mike621
10-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Eric, congrats and good luck with your new car!

Eric recently purchased a 1996 Brilliant Red LSi with just over 100k miles, requiring a trans replacement.

Bert Lops
11-10-2006, 10:18 AM
:D All, I finally decided to say goodbye to my baby, i'm selling a '92 pearl white with the black roof. 2nd tranny went and it has become to much for me to take care of her; i need a commuter car and with the gas prices the way they are, this is not it. the car is in good conditions, body is in real good shape; the motor is strong and has no issues, passenger window does not rolldown; other than that, all is good. it has 164K miles on it, can not be driven because tranny get out of gear as soon as it gets to 20 MPH, i've tried all the fixes and it finally needs a transmission. leather seats are in great shape and everthing works. i'm located in southern maryland and the car can go for $1,500 obo. please email me with any questions. and also at
tlr4me@yahoo.com

sssleeper
11-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Title is pretty self explanitory. Basicly, im looking for an svx that needs a transmission but is otherwise mechanicly sound. The body must be solid and for the most part not destroyed. It will have all the body work done, so it isnt a main priority, but id like to have somnething workable to start with.matinence records are a plus, but not necicary. Im located in NJ, checking out NY, MD, and PA areas as well. Looking to spend 500-1200 depending whats offered
-Eric

White w/ black top '92 Subaru SVX - 98K, salvage title, needs minor
exhaust repair to pass inspection; Also needs wheel bearing inspection
and possible replacement on front and rear, possible rear differential
(Has been flushed and filled with CRC additive w/gear oil but still has
thumping in rear when turning lft or right at low speeds.)

Should install camber kit on front. This car should be bought by an
individual with mechanical skills. I live in a condo and cannot work
on this car in our garage. New dealer transmission/ front differtial
35,000 miles ago using Mobil 1 transmission fluid ($4,500), Mobile 1
engine oil, Pioneer CD/cassette/AM-FM upgrade ($525), new battery,
Z-rated Dunlops with 75% tread left, all switches work. Lubed belts
regularly, hoses/timing belt/alternator replaced.

Contact Phil, 703-524-1534, Arlington, VA., 22201 (Next to DC)

It's Just Eric
11-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the offers (Both in the thread and via PM) but a non-svx owning friend of mine spotted one on the way to work for me. Picked it up mabey two weeks ago, a 96 brilliant red LSI with just over 100k on the clock. Basicly needs crazey amount of detailing and a tranny, and she is good as new