PDA

View Full Version : WTB sports car for under 7g's

pastcivicowner
09-05-2006, 11:34 PM
There seems to be a lot of people wanting to sell their cars so I thought I'd let them come to me... I'm looking basically for any sports car with these requirments:
no fwd,
no autos,
no 240's unless swapped or turbo'd,
must be reliable daily driver type, has to get somewhat decent mpg(24 highway on regular is my hope that or better),
no convertables unless miata,
nothing over 7g's,
preferably in Florida or Tennessee but not nessecary....
thats about all I can come up with, I've been searching for a car for a while and everthing seems to be bought before I can get to it so heres my solution, i hope it works
just for reference i've been looking at miata's, 300zx's, gsx eclipse's, impreza's, mr2's, vr4 galant's, mk2 and mk3 supra's, starion's, conquest tsi's, all-trac celica's, old datsun's, basically anything unique is cool in my book, also anything cheap and reliable, this is often a paradox i have problems with

thanks to anyone who read all of that

please e-mail me at either fatfreekycatfish@aol.com or hipkenzh@eckerd.edu

kuroneko_sama
09-05-2006, 11:55 PM
SVX's are good cars if you treat em right, so long as you can get one 94 or newer (92 and 93 were tranny nightmare years) 230 stock horse and awd.... has an "extra level" of overdrive (power mode) many people think this is the elusive non existant twin turbo engaging...

never came stock in a manual transmission but they are outthere....

you can mod them to be racers butthey are 3500 lb cars, designed to be a gt car, not a drag racer.... but itll make any honda its beeyotch still

they can get 25mpg easy enough if you dont hammer them....

my suggestion is to talk to some of the 5 speed makers in the MD/VA/DC area

might find what you seek...

... ps.... you think miatas are "daily driver" types?.... i suppose if your average passenger is a chinese take-out carton and you like "fishtailing" in the rain

i have a 92 if you want a project (its all stock)... itll save you almost 5k to modify it

pastcivicowner
09-06-2006, 09:34 AM
I knew a lot of that already but thanks for the other stuff i didn't... I actually passed on a slightly overpriced svx w/the wrx 5-speed and I deeply regret it now... and wish I still had the guys e-mail....it was something like macruth, or macruff... i dunno nevermind, i love the subaru brand and i think the svx would be a great car for me throughout college for many reasons(too many to discuss on this thread) once I even made out a list of everything I'd do to an svx if I had one and it only added up to 4g's which is good copared to any other car I could make a list for(I could easily spend 40g's on a miata 10 on the engine alone not including forced induction)....im always rantin about nothin sorry... the 3.3L requires at least 91 octane right...? unless you get that chip from smallcar.com or w/e ...as for honda's i dont care all i wanna beat is a 91 240sx, a 83 datsun 280zx, a 84 celica supra, a 91 prelude(ok one honda), and a 91 rx7 nonturbo.... if all those cars remain stock(which is most likely) then the preludes the only competition correct? i dont drag and basically dont race at all(ok one adandoned road in my hometown is used every once in a while but not very often, its more of a training ground than raceway) and what i like in a car is agility and i know the weight is a problem but i think i could use an svx to get used to higher powered cars and then once im out of college an out of debt(haha) i could move onto somthing even more challenging

sorry i rant... thanks for reading

SVX's are good cars if you treat em right, so long as you can get one 94 or newer (92 and 93 were tranny nightmare years) 230 stock horse and awd.... has an "extra level" of overdrive (power mode) many people think this is the elusive non existant twin turbo engaging...

never came stock in a manual transmission but they are outthere....

you can mod them to be racers butthey are 3500 lb cars, designed to be a gt car, not a drag racer.... but itll make any honda its beeyotch still

they can get 25mpg easy enough if you dont hammer them....

my suggestion is to talk to some of the 5 speed makers in the MD/VA/DC area

might find what you seek...

... ps.... you think miatas are "daily driver" types?.... i suppose if your average passenger is a chinese take-out carton and you like "fishtailing" in the rain

i have a 92 if you want a project (its all stock)... itll save you almost 5k to modify it

SomethingElse
09-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Ive got one with 103k on it. pm me if intrested.

ensteele
09-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Ive got one with 103k on it. pm me if intrested.

It wouldn't hurt to tell him what you have. :o

ensteele
09-10-2006, 08:56 PM
There seems to be a lot of people wanting to sell their cars so I thought I'd let them come to me... I'm looking basically for any sports car with these requirments:
no fwd,
no autos,
no 240's unless swapped or turbo'd,
must be reliable daily driver type, has to get somewhat decent mpg(24 highway on regular is my hope that or better),
no convertables unless miata,
nothing over 7g's,
preferably in Florida or Tennessee but not nessecary....
thats about all I can come up with, I've been searching for a car for a while and everthing seems to be bought before I can get to it so heres my solution, i hope it works
just for reference i've been looking at miata's, 300zx's, gsx eclipse's, impreza's, mr2's, vr4 galant's, mk2 and mk3 supra's, starion's, conquest tsi's, all-trac celica's, old datsun's, basically anything unique is cool in my book, also anything cheap and reliable, this is often a paradox i have problems with

thanks to anyone who read all of that

please e-mail me at either fatfreekycatfish@aol.com or hipkenzh@eckerd.edu

You will most likely find a SVX here, which is very unique and is not on your list. :)

NikFu S.
09-10-2006, 10:30 PM
once I even made out a list of everything I'd do to an svx if I had one and it only added up to 4g's which is good copared to any other car I could make a list for
Any chance I could see this list?

Speedklix
09-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Any chance I could see this list?
Watch it nik! one more post and you'll be 4g :)
I'd be curious about the list too... for me, 4 grand on mods for an svx is an unrealistic dream. double it and then some if i'm lucky.

mikecg
09-11-2006, 06:56 AM
I just picked up a Conquest TSi for $1200. The cars in desent shape. The engine runs rough though. I'm building a dedicated Auto-X car out of it, and considering doing a 4G63 swap into it. If you get the Conquest or Starion, look for either a '88 or '89 with the suspention package. It gives you 3 way adjustability and wider wheels.

pastcivicowner
09-13-2006, 12:37 PM
sorry I havent been on here in a bit but i was about to close a deal on this blue miata: http://flyinmiata.com/us/for_sale.asp

but now it seems like that may fall through due to payment problems(not that I dont have the money its just far away and I dont want to travel with cash on me and we cant figure out how I can pay him when I get thre and then leave with the car and him still feel secure about having all his money)

the list im afriad is either in the trash in nashville or in my room somewhere in nashville and im in tampa so I dont have access to it; it was fairly simple though because I didnt care about turboing or supercharging the car all I wanted was wheels, tires, tint, all the headlight and grille stuff from smallcar, maybe nitrious...maybe, and a few other things i dont remember. and I mean I'd love a supercharger if I thought I'd ever be able to afford one but I'm in college and I just dont see myself keeping w/e car I do get long enough to where I'd actually have enough money to seriously work on it

p.s. if anyone knows a lot about banking and how I can get cash once I get to WI from FL thats not a check of any kind and doesnt require loans or anything please let me know at: fatfreekycatfish@aol.com

all help is appreciated, im 18 new to banking in general and Ive asked my banker but all I get with her is dead ends thanks

mikecg
09-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Why not just use a cashiers cheque? All you have to do is go to the bank teller and tell her you want on. I'll cost you about $15, but they pull it directly from your account. The money is then garenteed to be good. I think you can also get on at any bank if you have a debit card.

pastcivicowner
09-15-2006, 04:13 PM
florida doesnt have cashier checks only official checks and my debit card has a max daily withdrawl of 1200

Why not just use a cashiers cheque? All you have to do is go to the bank teller and tell her you want on. I'll cost you about $15, but they pull it directly from your account. The money is then garenteed to be good. I think you can also get on at any bank if you have a debit card.

It's Just Eric
10-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Pay Pal...
you can travel all the way to wherever the hell your going and go "Hey, lemme use your computer..."
do the pay pal money transfer right at the guys house. Done deal. thats how tom paid canadia dude when he realized a check isnt worth trusting and for some reason there wasnt a "Bank of America" anywhere nearby

If worse comes to worse, last I checked AvpPoW was STILL trying to sell his 5speed 92. Has alot of tastefull things done to it you might like, check out his locker