PDA

View Full Version : '92 5-speed on craigslist in Ft. Collins, CO for $3K

David Cohen
08-23-2006, 01:09 AM
It's not what I'm looking for, but I bet someone else will be interested in picking up this yellow manual transmission SVX:

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/car/197623804.html

92 Subaru SVX Sport Coupe, This car is becoming hard to find!! 3.3 Liter-6cyl. With AWD 5sp Manual Transmission Conversion (All SVXs came with Automatics) The cost of the Conversion alone is worth $3000!!164,000 miles,Power Everything, A/C.18" Custom Wheels, Drilled & Slotted Brake Rotors, No Radio, Sorry!! This car is like a mix of Muscle car & Import Tuner car. It has a clean & clear title. All the Glass is good. 1st $3000 cash takes the car.Thats $350 less than Kelly Blue Book (Good Price) value. Let's not forget the 5sp conversion. DON'T LET THIS GREAT CAR GET AWAY!! Call Josh @ 970-324-7964. 1st $3000 cash takes this car.

Earthworm
08-23-2006, 10:40 AM
How many times has this car changed hands now? This car belonged to a member here by the name of elninoalex.

shelfy
08-23-2006, 11:03 AM
and the price is dropping faster than a dress on prom night. when zeppelin and i looked at it a year or two ago, the then seller was asking $11.5K for it. :eek:

Zeppelin
08-23-2006, 02:02 PM
God, how tempting! Too bad I'll be out of town for the next two weeks :(

elninoalex
08-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Somebody buy that thing or I just may have to get it back. I put over $15000 into it. Hmmmmmmm...............

Zeppelin
09-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Did somebody buy this thing? The link doesn't work anymore :(

elninoalex
09-15-2006, 10:06 AM
Did somebody buy this thing? The link doesn't work anymore :(

Not me. Unless they trashed the interior and the motor is coming apart, I can't see how they can't get $3000 for it. I got $8500 for it about 25K ago. I wonder if he even knows what it has on it. Here is a link to the list.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10448&highlight=mod+list

BigDaddyJ
09-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Hello all,

SVX newbie here; I would be the new owner. I don't know what the previous owner did, but the car needs a bit of work now. So far $700 in repairs and it's not even close to passing emissions. The engine is now making a slight "thud" sound and blowing quite a bit of blue smoke. elninoalex, those custom cats you put in are toast from the car bottoming out. My mechanic thinks the previous owner ran the car pretty hard and didn't take care of it. Oh well.....I'm still stoked about it. All the other AT SVX's I tried in the area didn't even come close to this one in terms of the fun factor. Rough guestimate for the engine work is in the range of about $1000 to fix. So I am now entertaining the idea of just purchasing a JDM engine. I have quotes of $1000 shipped to the Denver area, and another $1000 for install. I'm also factoring in about $1200 for a new exhaust.......And all this is just so I can register the car!!

New additions to the SVX:
-16 inch Motegi gunmetal rims 7833
-Potenza G009 same size as stock SVX tires(these have good snow/ice ratings)
-Alpine 9811 CD/MP3 player
-MTX amp 5 channel amp
-Bazooka 10 inch sub

Planned additions/removals:
-As of yet, undecided tires for the 18 Focal wheels (now fairly scratched and dinged) for next summer
-Removal of rear wing (sorry elninoalex, doesn't do it for me, and it shakes above 50 MPH)

If anyone has any helpful hints for this newb, bring 'em on.

later

Joel

GOT2HAVESVX
09-15-2006, 02:44 PM
HINTS....I want the wing when you take it off. Give me a price. :)

shelfy
09-16-2006, 08:47 AM
woohoo! another new denver area member. :)

elninoalex
09-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Hello all,

SVX newbie here; I would be the new owner. I don't know what the previous owner did, but the car needs a bit of work now. So far $700 in repairs and it's not even close to passing emissions. The engine is now making a slight "thud" sound and blowing quite a bit of blue smoke. elninoalex, those custom cats you put in are toast from the car bottoming out. My mechanic thinks the previous owner ran the car pretty hard and didn't take care of it. Oh well.....I'm still stoked about it. All the other AT SVX's I tried in the area didn't even come close to this one in terms of the fun factor. Rough guestimate for the engine work is in the range of about $1000 to fix. So I am now entertaining the idea of just purchasing a JDM engine. I have quotes of $1000 shipped to the Denver area, and another $1000 for install. I'm also factoring in about $1200 for a new exhaust.......And all this is just so I can register the car!!

New additions to the SVX:
-16 inch Motegi gunmetal rims 7833
-Potenza G009 same size as stock SVX tires(these have good snow/ice ratings)
-Alpine 9811 CD/MP3 player
-MTX amp 5 channel amp
-Bazooka 10 inch sub

Planned additions/removals:
-As of yet, undecided tires for the 18 Focal wheels (now fairly scratched and dinged) for next summer
-Removal of rear wing (sorry elninoalex, doesn't do it for me, and it shakes above 50 MPH)

If anyone has any helpful hints for this newb, bring 'em on.

later

Joel

Awesome! I'm glad somebody here has it. That's a bummer about the motor and poor maintenance. I would go the JDM route for the motor. But $1000 for an install is insane. A number of people on here could do it in 5 hours or less. I'd keep looking until you get a quote at least under $500.

I'm much happier with the factory wing myself, but I did like the way the GT one fit the car. I'm really interested in how the paint is holding up. I'm thinking of taking my recently acquired Claret back to him for a Claret repaint. Also, I sold the Focals to AFBeefcake right before I sold the car. I can't remember what brand those ones are. But they're 18 X 8.5 with 35 mm offset. Be sure to keep us posted.

Stephen

immortal_suby
09-17-2006, 04:45 PM
I would go the JDM route for the motor. But $1000 for an install is insane. A number of people on here could do it in 5 hours or less. I'd keep looking until you get a quote at least under $500.

yes - 1k to drop in a motor is crazy, I'd do it for a case of beer!
Hell - for $200 you can buy your own cherry picker and do it yourself.

Sad to see that car was abused. I am glad to hear it will be resurrected.