PDA

View Full Version : 15th Anniversary POll

svxcess
08-21-2006, 05:41 PM
This post has been deleted for the moment. Gotta find my flak jacket and flame suit first.

Earthworm
08-21-2006, 05:58 PM
When do we get to see the choices? :D

Speedklix
08-21-2006, 07:39 PM
aye... the choices!

svxcess
08-21-2006, 08:11 PM
I was going to start a poll, but decided to wait a bit. Check out my reply (#58) in this thread for the possibilities.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?p=422887#post422887
/

MNYPNNY
08-21-2006, 09:21 PM
I am and always have been eager to assist with planning if the meet is in a central location, such as KC. Of course, I'm willing to help anyway I can anyway. I just think it needs to be more centralized than the 10th meet. The western folk should have to travel about as far as the eastern folk. I know the eastern guys think that they are the center of the universe ":D ".... hey! I know...I've been there!!!
but I'd like to not have to drive as far and I know the northwestern and southwestern guys would like a more centralized location.
I would be happy to call the Kansas Speedway about organizing a meet there if anyone's interested. And I think it needs to be in late May, early June.

I have motorcycle things to do in August!!!! :)

Speedklix
08-21-2006, 09:46 PM
The indy 500 is may 27th... BBQ thing in the parking lot with the SVXi all together and then watch the race? cruise to follow?

I like the sound of
Sept. 3 days.
Friday - meet, tour if possible/or cruise, dinner
Sat - rally to Subaru for tour/ or head to speedway, photoshoot at whichever location.
Sun - breakfast and whatever

Would anyone want to have an SVX shoot out?

huck369
08-22-2006, 05:37 AM
Tours of the Subaru plant can only be on weekdays, which is why the 10th meet lasted until Monday, as Monday is when we toured the plant.

Late May sounds pretty good to me, but I'm fairly flexible on the dates.

I’m not against Kansas City….but there is nothing Subaru related there, but that wouldn’t stop me from going.

Speedklix
08-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Late May sounds pretty good to me

How might this impact dragon? Either would be great, not sure if I could do both soo close together though.

huck369
08-22-2006, 07:09 PM
I'll be at the Dragon, no matter what.

But it's as much (or more) a XT meet...

svxcess
09-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Tours of the Subaru plant can only be on weekdays, which is why the 10th meet lasted until Monday, as Monday is when we toured the plant.

The tour at SIA is a 1-mile walk on an elevated catwalk. While traveling on the catwak we went down and up 90 steps as we maneuvered around equipment and structures in the plant. From the catwalk, we saw

PAINT
STAMPING
BODY ASSEMBLY
FINAL ASSEMBLY
TESTING

All Tours are conducted during day-shift production at 9 a.m. only Monday-Friday. Cameras are allowed in the lobby but must be turned over to the Receptionist prior to the start of the tour.

Information on scheduling tours or general questions should be directed to
michael.mattingly@subaru-sia.com

svxcess
09-27-2006, 02:19 PM
And if a repeat tour of how Subarus are assembled isn't to your liking, you could always take the alternative tour of the plant where SIA is building Toyota Camrys. They should be in full production by Spring 2007.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3165/is_4_42/ai_n16116816

LarryIII
09-28-2006, 03:26 AM
John,

How do you like/dislike the TOYO Proxes 4 tires, now that you've been running them awhile? Compare them to the Yoko AVS dBs that you had on your '92.

svxcess
09-28-2006, 08:08 AM
John,

How do you like/dislike the TOYO Proxes 4 tires, now that you've been running them awhile? Compare them to the Yoko AVS dBs that you had on your '92.
Larry,

There is no comparison. The Toyo Proxes win hands down over the Yokos.

I have had both the original AVS db and the AVSdb S2. Handling was fine and they were quiet in the beginning, but they became noisier during the second half of their life. Never had trouble in the snow. The rating was 320 A/A.

The Proxes4 exceeded in just doing everything better. Performance and handling on both dry and wet surfaces was superior. Even during very hard braking in heavy rain, they never slipped even a little. Snow traction was much better and tire mileage is better. even though their rating is 300 AA/A. They are as quiet as the day they were installed-- a lot quieter than the Yokos. I have almost 45,000 miles on them (and three winters) and will need replacing before winter, only because I want maximum tread depth. Still a fair amount of tread. The reason I am holding off is I am considering 17" or 18" wheels and this is the perfect time to do this. If I can't find what I want in the next month, I'll just keep my stock rims and put new Proxes on them.

I also put them on Pete's pearlie that he got from SvXit. They perform magnificently in conjunction with the Koni shocks. I wanted him to have a very safe, responsive and predictable tire for his early driving years.

What else can I say? Solid performance, good handling, reliable response in adverse conditions, quiet, and a great price, I had a full set of Proxes4 put on Pete's car 5 months ago. Tires, mounting, lifetime balance/rotation, road hazard package, tax etc. was $388.00 out the door. He sold them to me for $83.00 each. He also promised to honor that same price to me when I bought a new set.
'

Earthworm
09-28-2006, 11:09 AM
I guess this will never be a poll :rolleyes:

As for tire suggestions, put winter tires on the stock rims and get new summer only rims/tires in the spring.