PDA

View Full Version : For sale: 1995 LS

Bob6stringer
08-14-2006, 08:38 PM
My 1995 L must go. Single owner; my wife bought it new. I don't know what price to ask; I seek no more than a fair price for all. I'll trade it into a dealer in a few days if I can't keep her in the SVX network-family.

DETAILS...

Emerald Pearl; 83,000 - 84,000 good miles; "Active safety group" (AWD/ABS/Dual Airbags); gray leather/cloth interior; no mods, all stock, down to the penlight in the owner's manual.

VIN: JF1CX3356 SH100440 ... the ext/int colors seem unique, maybe this owes to the July 1994 manufacture date. All stock, never been in an accident, period.

The engine and transmission work beatifully, never had any problems at all. Last year I put $1,400 (non-dealer dollars) into a new front end. My wife tossed the receipt (sorry) but this work included new axles, boots (hope you know what I mean) and I forget what you call the rack-and-pinion parts.

Besides a CD stuck in the (original) stereo's CD player, everything works. Current needs are for new rear bearings and either a new cat. converter or front muffler (there's a buzzing and it's not the heat shields I discarded years ago). Rear bearings need replacing. Brakes will need replacing within six months or three of hard driving. One wheel leaks slowly over a month or two; I didn't catch this until it wore one side of one of the still-good Toyos down a bit.

Cosmetically, there's zero rust, a few minor door dings, a very slight warp in the passenger side door plastic and some hood nicks. (Compoundable?)

I don't have the money, time or patience to get the car detailed but will shoot some pix and get them up here tomorrow Tuesday, August 15. Or e-mail me here and I'll return the call promptly.

Thanks,
--Bob

nexus_7
08-14-2006, 09:37 PM
What you asking, I am near and would love to check it out.

Thanks

Greg

Bob6stringer
08-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Price? $4,000. Call my cell if you're sincere: 847.807.9255. Again, ZERO accidents, very good shape.

ASAP, please, so I can get the truck I need for work.

immortal_suby
08-15-2006, 04:01 PM
that's a great price!
If I was in the market, this would be a great svx to get into.

Bob6stringer
08-16-2006, 08:42 PM
More info, because I really want to move the car out:

1) I WILL COME DOWN HOWEVER MUCH I NEED TO IF PRICE IS "WRONG." (I could use advice, haven't researched this.)
2) I have an appointment in Des Plaines (Z-Car is name of shop) to replace the rear bearings.
3) PHOTOS are in my locker, help yourself to see it not too clean. (Click Personal Lockers and look me up)
4) I will consider how to deliver to you if you're out of town... may even do the road trip to your door.
5) The Check Engine light is on... what's it all mean?

immortal_suby
08-17-2006, 06:39 AM
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Bob6stringer/37557.JPG
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Bob6stringer/37558.JPG
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Bob6stringer/37546.JPG
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Bob6stringer/37561.JPG
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Bob6stringer/37549.JPG
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Bob6stringer/37551.JPG
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Bob6stringer/37554.JPG
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Bob6stringer/37550.JPG
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Bob6stringer/37552.JPG
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Bob6stringer/37559.JPG

wannarace928
08-18-2006, 06:44 PM
I wish I would have looked here first, I just bought an SVX 2 days ago. You might want to try selling on ebay.

Bob6stringer
08-19-2006, 12:15 PM
CORRECTION: It's an L, NOT AN LS!

Now it all makes sense... the gray cloth "L" interior on an LS? (And other discrepancies.) I did a little checking with Joe Spitz and his chart at http://www.cars101.com/subaru_svx.html#1995%20SVX . . . and the VIN "decoder" doc in our own locker at http://www.svxworldnetwork.org/html/index.html and learned:

This is an "L" with optional spoiler and AWD, which was part of the Active Safety Group.

One bit of confusion left to clarify: When ordering touch-up paint that never came (from Mid-City, on Irving Park Rd. in Chciago), the dealer told me my car was Emerald Pearl - a 1994 color - not the standard Polo Green for that year. I'll upate this thread ASAP with that info.

--Bob

GOT2HAVESVX
08-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Just wondering if youve sold this car yet? Wanna make a trip to VA? LOL

svxcess
08-28-2006, 07:49 PM
The dealer told me my car was Emerald Pearl - a 1994 color - not the standard Polo Green for that year. I'll upate this thread ASAP with that info.
--Bob
I have reserached this issue. Here is the breakdown of the colors. In some years they changed the color name, and not the color itself, and in some years they changed the color, but not the name.

1992: Dark Teal - Paint Code 269
1993: No green offered
1994: Emerald Pearl - Paint Code 434
Early 1995: Polo Green (New name change from Emerald Pearl) - Paint Code 434 (carried over from previous year)
Mid-late 1995: A new brighter green was introduced -517 Polo green Pearl
1996: Polo Green Pearl - Paint code 517
1997:Polo Green - Paint Code 517

The color names were decided by the marketing people, not Subaru. Even though the color of the 1995 SVX's was still the same color Subaru called "Emerald Pearl" in 1994, the color was renamed "Polo Green" because at that time, the term "Polo" was more appealing to the public than "Emerald."

huzzsaba
08-29-2006, 01:57 PM
interested in trading for a 91 acura legend? I will travel half way. I can pay $300 on top of the trade. Let me know.

I have a thread in the SVX wanted section .

Bob6stringer
08-30-2006, 01:04 AM
I replaced the rear bearings. (Front are les than 2 yrs old). Most of the buzzing was indeed a heat shield, though some buzz is still there between 1K and 2K rpms due to muffler/exhaust piece. QUESTION: Does anyone care if it's a $ubie muffler or not?

BTW, sorry I didn't detail her before shooting those pix (below and in my locker)!

REPLIES TO BELOW: svxess, my paint code is 434, so Polo Green it is, thanks! (what's your source?) AND to GOT2HAVESVX, don't laugh...I'll be in Tennessee on a work trip this Thurs and Friday!

I'm having some second thoughts about selling... the SVX turns heads every day (and I'm not that good looking, so it's definitely the car!). I;ll probably sell then buy locally... if I sell. I haven't posted this anywhere else yet, I hope to keep it in the "family." Thanks, all, RSVP as you see fit.

Cho
08-30-2006, 06:00 PM
LOL. Dude it looks like u just went and jacked my car. My Svx looks exactly the same as that one, except its a 1995. I think the paint is emerald and not polo green. My car color looks exactly the same and the reason why i say its emerald is because I repainted my car with the emerald pearl paint in body shop class. They probably just could have changed the name but it should still just be emerald.

BTW to anyone out there, If his svx has already been sold. I might be selling mine which looks pretty much almost exactly the same as this guys. Juse msg me.

momzsvx
09-02-2006, 05:51 PM
This is at a great price considering I paid $3,900 for an LSi 1994 SVX and traveled to your state to get her. The miles on my car when purchased is 130,000, and well its growing rapidly. I love the car. Your miles are low and it’s a great year to own. I would love to add it to my collection. Let us know when your ready to let it go. Honestly as of now I would just enjoy adding more miles on her until then. Your asking price kind of makes me feel a bit ripped…lol.

Budfreak
09-03-2006, 08:38 AM
This is at a great price considering I paid $3,900 for an LSi 1994 SVX and traveled to your state to get her. The miles on my car when purchased is 130,000, and well its growing rapidly. I love the car. Your miles are low and it’s a great year to own. I would love to add it to my collection. Let us know when your ready to let it go. Honestly as of now I would just enjoy adding more miles on her until then. Your asking price kind of makes me feel a bit ripped…lol.

Not too bad of a deal if not for having to travel to go get it. I paid $3,900 for my 92 LS-L with 118K miles on it and spotless when I bought it at a used car lot here in Akron.

Bob6stringer
01-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Sorry I've been away. Relocating from Chicago to Tennessee... Please let's get serious. Call me at cell # 423.290.9374 to discuss. Wife says we should get $4,000. But make an offer, I can't keep her (the car!) anymore.

ensteele
01-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Is that Emerald Green? :)

Bob6stringer
01-21-2007, 08:52 PM
I have researched and researched this to find that emerald, polo greens are the same. There's a paint code discussion on this below.

BTW This is an "L" ... gray cloth interior, no moon roof. Otherwise, it looks like an LS (spoiler, active safety group options). If you know how to change the forum title, send me an e-mail and I'll do it!

ONLY FLAWS:
--minor cosmetics as shown in photos below.
--Cig. lighter nto working (Fuse? I don't know, haven't checked.)
--Car mats aren't original!

FYI:
--Wife is original owner. No rust, car garaged its entire life.
--Replaced rear bearings Aug 2006.
--Replaced front axle, pinion (or rack?) and additional front end parts (incl. boot to protect bearings) in 2004.
--CD player: CD stuck in it.

svxcess
01-21-2007, 09:16 PM
I have researched and researched this to find that emerald, polo greens are the same. There's a paint code discussion on this below.
Emerald Pearl (434) and Polo Green Pearl (517) are two different colors entirely.

"Emerald Pearl"(434), a very dark green, was first offered in 1994. Sometime during the 1995 model year production, the name was changed to "Polo Green Pearl", but the color did not change.

Beginning in 1996 (or possibly mid- 1995), the "Polo Green" name (carried over from 1995) was attached to a new, brighter green color (517), where it stayed until the end of the SVX production.

ensteele
01-21-2007, 11:35 PM
I think he got confused by your post (#10). I agree with you last post. They are two different colors. :)

momzsvx
02-18-2007, 11:37 AM
:D This car is mine now, Thanks to Bob and his wife. I have another svx in my position. ;) :D :) :D

Ya know when you have more then one driving svx, you can easily determine when things are running smoothly or not. I was able to drive back to Ohio without any vibration where as my 94 there is a bit in the steering. :eek:

Budfreak
02-18-2007, 11:40 AM
:D This car is mine now, Thanks to Bob and his wife. I have another svx in my position. ;) :D :) :D

Ya know when you have more then one driving svx, you can easily determine when things are running smoothly or not. I was able to drive back to Ohio without any vibration where as my 94 there is a bit in the steering. :eek:

Sounds like you need a little service?:rolleyes::) You know who to call.;):D

Congrats on the purchase Momz. Glad to know we have another one in Ohio.

ensteele
02-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Congratulations on the new to you SVX. :)

momzsvx
02-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Sounds like you need a little service?:rolleyes::) You know who to call.;):D

Congrats on the purchase Momz. Glad to know we have another one in Ohio.

Ya, my pearlie does need some loven as I have detected it must be bad off. I am not sure what all it would require to make it just as smooth as the one I drove back. My husband is out driving the 95 now as he likes it a lot. He wishes to get the pearlie in ship shape and keep it so that we can have two. He loves driving them...lol...The green one does need body work on it. I need to find a place that is trust worth to touch up some issues on the car.

Jason, I have you in mind if my husband is unable to detect all that is wrong with the pearlie. He believes it would just take a few hundred to get it up to par. I hope he is right.

momzsvx
02-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Congratulations on the new to you SVX. :)

Thanks!!!!!

Budfreak
02-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Ya, my pearlie does need some loven as I have detected it must be bad off. I am not sure what all it would require to make it just as smooth as the one I drove back. My husband is out driving the 95 now as he likes it a lot. He wishes to get the pearlie in ship shape and keep it so that we can have two. He loves driving them...lol...The green one does need body work on it. I need to find a place that is trust worth to touch up some issues on the car.

Jason, I have you in mind if my husband is unable to detect all that is wrong with the pearlie. He believes it would just take a few hundred to get it up to par. I hope he is right.

No problem, Just let me know if you need anything.;)