PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: 92 Claret in Central PA

noqu26
08-11-2006, 08:45 PM
So a friend of mine, the local golf pro, is very interested in the black 97 I mentioned on the site earlier (http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33084&page=3&highlight=mint ). If he buys it he will be looking to sell his car and was curious what it would potentially go for. He says about it: "I have had the car for 3 1/2 years and I am the second owner. It has 67,890 miles on it right now. I do have the service records. I had an external filter installed on the transmission to help screen any metal or dirt which caused overheating and other problems, it was recommended by the Subaru service tech to eliminate any chance of the thing going bad as they were so apt to do. I also had synthetic tranny fluid put in and added a tranny cooling fluid which helps lower the temperature which was another cause of the problems. I change the oil and filter myself with only Castrol 5-30 full synthetic. It does not use any oil between changes. I just had the 60K service done which includes a full tune up, timing belt and all other drive belts changed, hoses checked and changed if necessary and a variety of other recommended services at a cost of around $1,000. Everything on the car works. I also installed a new master window switch panel about a year ago. You know about the wheels of course and I still have the originals. I also had the windshield replaced last year with a brand new Subaru factory OEM windshield after a golf ball damaged it. It blue books at $4,100. Is that about all he could get for it or is there a possiblity it's worth more?

RSVX
08-11-2006, 09:03 PM
gold wheels?!?

Looks, like a very clean car, on the outside.

noqu26
08-11-2006, 09:06 PM
gold wheels?!?

Looks, like a very clean car, on the outside.

Yea that was my impression at first as well. However if they offend the senses the car does come with the orginal rims as well. It is excpetionally clean inside and out although there are no pictures of the inside right now.

Sean486
08-12-2006, 06:56 AM
I think if the original rims were put back on it could sell for at least 5K due to the low mileage and the recent 60K service, -and if the interior looks as good as the exterior. Sell the gold rims here or on Ebay, they would look better on a different color SVX.

Mike621
08-14-2006, 02:03 AM
Oh my god. That is a beautiful Claret. If I had the cash, it would be mine yesterday...... Id just switch the wheels.

noqu26
08-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Oh my god. That is a beautiful Claret. If I had the cash, it would be mine yesterday...... Id just switch the wheels.

Well keep it in mind he should be planning on selling it soon. He just wanted to get an idea of its value.