PDA

View Full Version : Idea For Awesome Meet!!

Shadow248
04-02-2002, 10:26 PM
Im bringing this up to see what interest there may be in this sort of thing.

I will once again be working at the great Dorney Park & WildWater Kingdom for the summer. Every year, they have several special interest clubs attend the park...receiving group discounts and special ride times and such. My question is...if i could set one up...would anyone be interested in a meet there? It would have to be sometime in june-july-august. I could arrange for special parking for our cars, special admission rates and our own grove and caterers if we wanted.

For those of you who are not from the area...and have no clue what dorney park is...it is a 296 acre amusement park located in Allentown, PA. The park has 9 rollercoasters and a grand total of 68 rides and amusements. It really is a nice clean park. Also part of the establishment is WildWater kingdom, the sixth largest waterpark in the country. Admission includes both parks. If you want anymore info about the park, go to www.dorneypark.com or email me at Shadow248@juno.com.

I think this will probably generate alot of interest and i will mention it in the general SVX babble section too. Let me know what you think.

LarryIII
04-03-2002, 06:18 AM
Shadow,

That's a good idea for next summer. Unfortunately, it will interfere with the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet this July. We now have 144 already signed-up for the meet. If you areinterested, please send me an e-mail.

Dorney park sounds great. I was playing with the idea of Hershey Park for next year's Reading Meet, but Dorney Park sounds better.

Larry)Love to ride ROOOOOOOLER COASTERS( iii

Never2phat
04-03-2002, 07:59 AM
Dorney Park is a nice park but because of the distance I usually end up at Hershey Park. It's only a 1/2 hour away. Fun, fun, fun :)

:D B.C. :D

Green1995SVX
04-03-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Never2phat
Dorney Park is a nice park but because of the distance I usually end up at Hershey Park. It's only a 1/2 hour away. Fun, fun, fun :)

Nothing compares to the atmosphere of Hershey Park. Maybe its just cause i have so many great memories from there.

-Mike

Never2phat
04-03-2002, 09:23 AM
Mike,

I have had a season pass every year for more than 17 years. Fun, fun, fun. What's your favorite ride? I personally get a kick out of the "Pirate ship" and the "Cyclone". Oh, and for the sake of tackiness......Gotta tour Chocalate World.

:D B.C :D

Green1995SVX
04-03-2002, 11:47 AM
I would have to say that my favorite is the pirate ship. Second in line is probably the super duper looper.

<singing chocolate world song>

-Mike

Shadow248
04-03-2002, 12:18 PM
Apparently this has turned into a discussion about amusement parks. HERSHEY?! Are you kidding? I suppose it has a certain classic feel to it, but the only thing i find entertaining there is the big chocolate store. The only time i ever go is in the winter for their christmas celebration. The two times that i went to the park in the summer were plenty for me.

Seriously though, Dorney is much better equipped to handle group outings and the park will keep you entertained for an entire day or even two.

Also as for timing...it is possible to do the meet in may or september, but it would probably be more expensive because that's when all the corporate outings are and we would be competing with those companies for park time. If we want to beat the crowds (being such a large park it does tend to get pretty packed), and assuming the meet would probably be a saturday, ideally we would want either one of the first two saturdays of june or the last two saturdays of august.

Dorney has a pirate ship. It's big.

wawazat??
04-03-2002, 02:41 PM
You've got great memories of Hershey :eek: ........oh, never mind read the thread, my bad:p

wawazat??
04-03-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Shadow248
Dorney has a pirate ship. It's big.

Well that settles it for me, pirates are WAY cooler than chocolate! :D

Green1995SVX
04-03-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by wawazat??

Well that settles it for me, pirates are WAY cooler than chocolate! :D

No way... Pirates are NOT tastey.

-Mike

Green1995SVX
04-03-2002, 03:24 PM
You've got great memories of Hershey :eek: ........oh, never mind read the thread, my bad:p

<shakes head>

wawazat??
04-03-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

No way... Pirates are NOT tastey.

-Mike

Whoa, not gonna touch that one big guy!;)

LarryIII
04-03-2002, 05:58 PM
Dorney has the Super Duper Looper, but Hershey has chocolate kiss lampposts.

Thank God no one proposed a meet at "Less Than Great Adventure."

Larry III

Green1995SVX
04-03-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by LarryIII
Dorney has the Super Duper Looper, but Hershey has chocolate kiss lampposts.

Thank God no one proposed a meet at "Less Than Great Adventure."

Larry III

Hershey has the Looper. (wanna try to pervert this one too, Todd?)

-Mike

wawazat??
04-03-2002, 07:19 PM

-Mike

Nah, the Hershey Looper sounds bad enough as it is Mike! :)

Shadow248
04-04-2002, 01:22 PM
I believe the ride that larry was referring to is now known as Laser.

Aredubjay
04-04-2002, 01:45 PM

-Mike

Hey, bubba. You ASKED for the pirate comment. My question was going to be, "How do he know?" :D

SHISVX
04-15-2002, 11:00 AM
i would go to Dorney for a meet, it is only an hour from me.....even if there was like 10 or so cars...i go there a lot during the summer anyways....how about 6-flags????? now there are some good rides there.

the pirate ship is for wusses!

Kelli:D

Never2phat
04-15-2002, 11:41 AM
the pirate ship is for wusses!

So what you're saying is you like the pirate ship?!?!?!?

SHISVX
04-15-2002, 11:46 AM

So what you're saying is you like the pirate ship?!?!?!?

i say i would fall asleep on the pirate ship, you would be throwing up!!!

*Brian on the Pirate ship:eek: :eek: :eek: where is the bathroom??????*

Kelli

Green1995SVX
04-15-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by SHISVX

i say i would fall asleep on the pirate ship, you would be throwing up!!!

*Brian on the Pirate ship:eek: :eek: :eek: where is the bathroom??????*

Kelli

LMAO

Shadow248
04-15-2002, 09:08 PM
Speaking of puking...the park got a new tilt-a-whirl this year...

Never2phat
04-15-2002, 11:00 PM
i say i would fall asleep on the pirate ship,

Ah, So there is a way to get you to be quiet ;) ;) ;) ;)

<Brian starts to build a Pirate ship for Kelli's boyfriend- he he he :D >

you would be throwing up!!!

*Brian on the Pirate ship where is the bathroom??????

Oh no no no no. I love the rides that make others throw up :) After lunch one time I rode the rotor(or whatever it was called) 10 times in a row. I loved that ride. Being smushed to a wall while being spun around and around and around............ Do you know what ride I am talking about? When you reached a certain speed the floor was lowered so that the centrifcal forces were the only thing that kept you from falling. We used to turn ourselves upside down at the point when you could hardly move foward from the wall. The operator of the machine used to yell at us sooooooooooo much :D

SHISVX
04-16-2002, 10:11 AM

Oh no no no no. I love the rides that make others throw up :) After lunch one time I rode the rotor(or whatever it was called) 10 times in a row. I loved that ride. Being smushed to a wall while being spun around and around and around............ Do you know what ride I am talking about? When you reached a certain speed the floor was lowered so that the centrifcal forces were the only thing that kept you from falling. We used to turn ourselves upside down at the point when you could hardly move foward from the wall. The operator of the machine used to yell at us sooooooooooo much :D

****MOMMY!!!! Kelli sunk my pirate ship!****

hey B......don't get any of your half-way digested lunch on those nice shiney vans!!:rolleyes: since they were TOTALLY last year, you'll never be able to find another pair:(

have enough of that Greek special????

Kelli

Green1995SVX
04-16-2002, 10:13 AM

hey B......don't get any of your half-way digested lunch on those nice shiney vans!!:rolleyes: since they were TOTALLY last year, you'll never be able to find another pair:(

Kelli

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! You guys crack me up.

-Mike

Never2phat
04-16-2002, 12:21 PM

I'll give you credit for that one..........Funny :D

hey B......don't get any of your half-way digested lunch on those nice shiney vans!! since they were TOTALLY last year, you'll never be able to find another pair

Such jealousy. Were does it all come from? Geez, I'll send you a pair :D I have the red ones also. Which ones do you want? When you do get sick on the kiddie rides I'll have a bottle of windex ready to help you clean them off :D

I hope you're refering to the Oozo or your post just jumped to a completely different subject ;) :D :eek:

SHISVX
04-16-2002, 12:58 PM

I hope you're refering to the Oozo or your post just jumped to a completely different subject ;) :D :eek:

you couldn't handle the greek special. the Oozo, well, we all know that it was water, don't try to kid anyone

i don't know about jealousy, but those "shoes" you have made me laugh. so i guess you could call that a good quality.

i guess i would like to have the red ones. the black ones you should keep cuz they match your nail polish.;)

i understand how important matching is....ask purple dress boy:D

:p :p Kelli

Shadow248
04-16-2002, 01:05 PM
Ahhh yes, i remember Vans....those were the good 'ol days.

Seraph
04-16-2002, 01:20 PM

And you have to drag me back in.

:rolleyes:

Lwin :D :D

Green1995SVX
04-16-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Shadow248
Ahhh yes, i remember Vans....those were the good 'ol days.

I haven't owned a pair of them since middle school. lol.

-Mike

Seraph
04-16-2002, 01:41 PM

Can I keep it? I love it so much.

Lwin

SHISVX
04-16-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Seraph

Lwin

no, i think you should share the wealth, Brian is going to need a dress to match his shiney purple vans for his prom, i think you should pass it on to him. it is only right ya know!:D :D :D

Kelli---

Seraph
04-16-2002, 01:49 PM

no, i think you should share the wealth, Brian is going to need a dress to match his shiney purple vans for his prom, i think you should pass it on to him. it is only right ya know!:D :D :D

Kelli---

bri,

pm me your addy. I will ship it out sometime next week.

lwin

Never2phat
04-16-2002, 05:57 PM
you couldn't handle the greek special. the Oozo, well, we all know that it was water, don't try to kid anyone

:rolleyes: I'll bring the bottle of Oozo with me to the 10 year anniversary meet. Maybe by then your boyfriend will let you try some - lol.

i don't know about jealousy, but those "shoes" you have made me laugh. so i guess you could call that a good quality.

I have more than 40 pairs of shoes. I have Vans, Docs, Nikes, Air walks, Na Nas, Angels by Jonny Fluvog(ever seen a pair? They're the best), ............... You're more than welcome to borrow any of them :)

i guess i would like to have the red ones. the black ones you should keep cuz they match your nail polish.

Cheap shot CHICKIE :D

Lwin

You can have it. You looked soooooo pretty in it. I could never take it and break your heart ;) I have four sisters. I'll borrow one of theirs

no, i think you should share the wealth, Brian is going to need a dress to match his shiney purple vans for his prom, i think you should pass it on to him. it is only right ya know!

They're black vinyl with holograms. Get it right.

Seraph
04-16-2002, 07:58 PM

I have more than 40 pairs of shoes. I have Vans, Docs, Nikes, Air walks, Na Nas, Angels by Jonny Fluvog(ever seen a pair? They're the best), ............... You're more than welcome to borrow any of them

Sorry to jump in on your shoe fest... but I thought only girls have a ton of shoes. Let me go count. *walks to the closet and counts* I have total of 5 pairs of shoes. 2 black, 2 browns, and one tennis. Why on earth would you need that many shoes? I never figured out with girls and shoes. Now guys are getting on my lists. :rolleyes:

Lwin :D :D :D

Green1995SVX
04-16-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Seraph

Sorry to jump in on your shoe fest... but I thought only girls have a ton of shoes. Let me go count. *walks to the closet and counts* I have total of 5 pairs of shoes. 2 black, 2 browns, and one tennis. Why on earth would you need that many shoes? I never figured out with girls and shoes. Now guys are getting on my lists. :rolleyes:

Lwin :D :D :D

I have 2 brown docs... 1 black docs... some sandals (cheap) black dress shoes, and some adidas flip flop things.

so thats like what 6... and if you dont count the sandal type items, its 4. That qualifies me as a man i think.

-Mike (glad i finally qualified)

Never2phat
04-16-2002, 10:17 PM
Sorry to jump in on your shoe fest... but I thought only girls have a ton of shoes. Let me go count. *walks to the closet and counts* I have total of 5 pairs of shoes. 2 black, 2 browns, and one tennis. Why on earth would you need that many shoes? I never figured out with girls and shoes. Now guys are getting on my lists.

Hey now.......I'm letting you keep the dress ;) Be nice ;)

Why do I have soooo many shoes? At the store I used to buy clothes from I became really close friends with the employees and the owner(it was a privately owned store) He would sell them to me at cost. Do you know what shoes really cost the stores? They're ripping you off. What most people pay for one pair of shoes I could get 3 or 4 pairs.

Hey I'll admit it.......It's also nice to have every color :) My Docs range from Black to electric blue and mood blue to airsprayed gold. Changing your shoes can make what your wearing completely different. This concludes our first fashion lesson ;)

so thats like what 6... and if you dont count the sandal type items, its 4. That qualifies me as a man i think.

<Brian bites his tongue> Ouch :D :D :D

Seraph
04-16-2002, 10:35 PM

Hey now.......I'm letting you keep the dress Be nice

Hey I'll admit it.......It's also nice to have every color My Docs range from Black to electric blue and mood blue to airsprayed gold. Changing your shoes can make what your wearing completely different. This concludes our first fashion lesson

Ok. I'll be nice. Thanks for letting me keep the dress. But Kel told me that she wanted it back. :(

Well, you guys saw what I wear pretty much every day at the Reading IiI. I don't think I need the blue or the golden shoes yet. Unless I decide to quit my job and become a pimp, I don't think I need a white pair of shoes either. :D

Lwin

wawazat??
04-17-2002, 05:59 AM
That qualifies me as a man i think.

Those pirates think you're a real manly man Mike! I'm not sure if Mat will ever talk to you after you commented on his bulge though :eek:

I had to get back in on this thread somewhere!

Todd

Green1995SVX
04-17-2002, 06:50 AM

Those pirates think you're a real manly man Mike! I'm not sure if Mat will ever talk to you after you commented on his bulge though :eek:

I had to get back in on this thread somewhere!

Todd

I DIDNT comment on Mat's bulge! I was waiting for you to!

-Mike