PDA

View Full Version : '92 SVX LS-L in Lancaster PA.

Dr.Outback
07-19-2006, 07:53 AM
See new thread with pictures in the locker.

columbiasvx
07-21-2006, 11:47 AM
sounds like you've put some work to the car, I am interested to see it, I live near Baltimore MD, so you are not far from me, what color is it? and is everything inside of the car still factory stock?
Well, I'm going to probably trade my SVX in because I need a Subaru with 4 doors. But I did want to offer it for sale here first. I'm going to miss her. It pulls hard now that I replaced the leaking vacuum line to auxillary air control valve. I wasn't to happy with it's performance until I found that leak. Now it's a real freight train.

Any way, it has 103,500mi and is fair condition body wise. It's a Claret. The hood was egged when I bought it, and lots of little chips. Left side has some minor chips in the door. The right side door has a golf ball size ding. The rear bumper has a scuff on the left side. The paint is coming off the mirrors. Will be an excellent SVX if it had a paint job.

Now to the good.

Engine pulls strong and uses little to no oil between changes.

New struts and an alignment! Less then 300 miles on the struts.

New in box headlights, '97 grille, corner marker lights and wiper arms.

1.5 year old radiator, and air bag clock spring/headlight/wiper assembly.

New auxillary air control valve. Which it didn't need. But oh well...

New PCV valve.

Tranny was rebuilt at 79k. And pulls strong.

New reman front axles.

Interior is an excellent shape, with normal wear on drivers seat bolster.

A/C works great. But the climate control wants to blow at your feet if you switch from defrost to auto. I just reset the climate control and everything is fine. I can have it looked at before I sell it, if the buyer is concerned. I think it's just the blend door motor getting a little hung up.

I have all the maintence records from former owner. And I mean all of them! I work for a Subaru dealer and do my own maintence. I've owned the car since 86,000 miles. It has been run with Mobil 1 0w-40.

I can get you any parts at wholesale or better.

Would like to get $3500 obo.

Dr.Outback
07-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Yeah I have done a lot of work to it. I don't have any pictures of it, but I'll grab my friends digital camera and take some pics to send you. It's Claret.

The headlights etc. are still in there boxes. So don't panic when you see the old ones still on the car.

The interior is stock. I was going to repaint the car, and do the wood trim in a silver like the '05+ Legacy radio bezel and aluminum look trim. But I need two 4 door cars in case my '93 Legacy Turbo goes down for repairs. So I changed my mind on the repainting.

I forgot to mention two little tears in the leather above the LR head rest. But you can only see them through the rear window.

I don't have any maintence records since I've owned the car. Because I do my own work. But I can reprint copies of the bills for all the parts.

Dr.Outback
07-24-2006, 11:07 AM
sounds like you've put some work to the car, I am interested to see it, I live near Baltimore MD, so you are not far from me, what color is it? and is everything inside of the car still factory stock?

Would you rather see it in person? Maybe we can make arangements to meet halfway between Baltimore and Lancaster?

Dr.Outback
08-09-2006, 09:38 AM
I should have pics tonight.