PDA

View Full Version : How about another SVX Racing Meet?

blonde_man
05-01-2001, 04:35 PM
YESS!! I am happy to report that I will not be losing my drivers' license after all!!!!

I was able to plea down my speeding ticket to a violation with less of a point penalty! So I JUST squeaked by! I'll be poor from all the NJ DMV surcharges, and my eventual insurance hike, but at least I won't be stranded!

Now I just have to stay ticket free for a year and a half, or I will in fact lose my license.

Unfortunately, I seem to be having a problem with my SVX now, so I may not be able to continue driving it afterall, but more on that later.

So who wants to go out and celebrate the salvation of my driving priviledges??? How about another drag racing night? Has anyone seen Sly's new car racing movie "DRIVEN" ???? We should have an SVX movie night, and all go out to see it. I hear it's great, especially since a Finnish guy is the director of it! That's good because I'm half Finnish, and there are many Finnish World Championship drivers (F1, WRC, etc), so you can be sure he did a great job making this movie!

So "What drives you?" Let's go see it and race!

Aredubjay
05-01-2001, 06:11 PM
A little too far for me to drive for a movie and a race, but, it sounds like fun, Eric! :D It'd be much better to watch a movie like that instead of watching "Gone in 60 Seconds" like Bill Wagner and I did during our "micro-meet." We were both secretly worried about our cars getting stolen, the whole time. :D

blonde_man
05-01-2001, 07:24 PM
Haha yeah!

Or how about "Ronin," where they crashed 60 cars during filming! Awesome car chase scenes!

I'm collecting all of these awesome driving movies on DVD and VHS. I can't wait to go see "Driven" though! I saw "The Making of a Great Racing Film" about the filming of "Driven" on Speedvision. It looked awesome!

BTW For more info on Island Dragway (North West NJ), go to:
http://www.islanddragway.com/

It seems like they are only open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'm not sure which day we could race. The schedule was a little vague.

What do you guys think?

tober76b
05-01-2001, 11:53 PM
ahhhh.....ronin.
now that was a good flick!
toby

raylesk
05-02-2001, 01:09 PM
Eric I just talked to a couple of people here at Mercedes Benz and they say that Island Dragway is great on sunday for making alot of runs--it's not crowded and you can just grudge race all day and get dozens of runs in!! I can't wait to run again and break into the 15's:D