PDA

View Full Version : FS/PARTING OUT: 92 LS-L 79,xxx w/ 04 WRX 5-speed in Northern NJ

rmjjensen
07-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Perfect opportunity to bring life to another SVX that's mechanically flawed!!!!

it's up for sale for $2500 or b/o (within reason - i paid about 3k for all the manual tranny stuff), or i'll just part it out :( The insurance on it is killing me and I can't store it anywhere.

almost 80k on the engine
04 WRX trans has been in the car for over 10k miles
hi performance exedy clutch
everything is relatively stock
new radiator ( < 2k miles old )
no wheel bearing problems
driver's side body damage from the front to the back bumper (driver door is okay thanks to wide fender/quarter panels on the SVX)

this car has never given me any problems, aside from the front diff in the automatic. I replaced the trans with an 04 wrx and the only problem I know of is it needs a new driveshaft, or driveshaft modification. There's no vibration in the ride what so ever, but the center bearing is bad.

so what does everyone need? The car runs and drives so if someone is interested in the engine/trans hopefully I can drive it to you, if you're relatively close, and you can get what you need and part the rest.

Pics:

http://www.expertwebcreations.com/personal/svx/current/front%20driver.jpg

http://www.expertwebcreations.com/personal/svx/current/rear.jpg

Jvan
07-01-2006, 09:04 PM
If yyyou do wind up parting it out I'd be interested in fronnnnt passenger fender and headlight. I can pick it up when your ready. What color is it? PM me with a price.

rmjjensen
07-03-2006, 02:17 PM
its a pearl ...ill let you know if no one comes around to buy it in one piece

sicksubie
07-03-2006, 08:18 PM
How flexible are you on the price for it as a whole? It'd be a shame to part it out.

rmjjensen
07-04-2006, 09:20 AM
the price needs to be within reason. unless you only wanted certain parts where I could take back either the motor or the trans. its hard because mechanically the car is great and I know if I ripped out the motor/trans I'd be able to get at least 2k.

send me a pm if you are seriously interested. I will consider all offers.

SilverSpear
07-05-2006, 12:47 AM
Maaaan, that's a shame... can you post pics of it?

svxcuseme
07-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Last I heard you were trying to diagnose a driveline vibration after the 5mt install??? Could'nt find it? Giving up? That's a shame. Sorry to here of your misfortune. :(

What is wrong with the car? How much for the car without engine and trans?

nysvx10
07-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Is it being parted out or sold as a whole now?

rmjjensen
07-07-2006, 07:25 AM
Pics in the first post. You can see the driver's side damage: bumpers, fender & quarter.

I just don't have the time to mess around with the car. Even worse I don't have a place to put it. It sits on the street and I move it back and forth for street cleaning.

I never truely figured out that vibration issue. It's only on initial take off - I believe it's a bad angle of the driveshaft.

Currently I'm trying to sell it as a whole, but if there are no takers then I'll part it out. Mainly I'm trying to get a buyer for the engine and trans that will take the whole car. Runs and drives.

It's Just Eric
07-07-2006, 10:55 PM
BestOfLuckOnTheSale.HopefullySomebodyJumpsOnThis.. .
FigureWithABitOfBodywork,YoullBeAbleToPurchaseA
MechanicallySound(Relativly)LowMileage5SpeedSVX,An dHaveA
bodyShopWorkIt'sMagicOnIt....TheResultsWillBeWellW orthIt

rmjjensen
07-10-2006, 07:46 AM
...bump...

rmjjensen
07-13-2006, 06:58 PM
...bump...

I'm gonna have to put this car on ebay soon.

Mike621
07-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Are you selling parts from it yet? Or still trying to sell as whole?

n00b on demand
07-13-2006, 10:06 PM
buy the trans from him and then buy my car and put it in my car :D

Mike621
07-13-2006, 10:11 PM
if i had my way, id buy your car, and stick it in my garage and buy his to fix and drive or sell.

I have two more svxs that i have to get on ebay soon....Im busy busy....

n00b on demand
07-13-2006, 11:11 PM
if i had my way, id buy your car, and stick it in my garage and buy his to fix and drive or sell.

I have two more svxs that i have to get on ebay soon....Im busy busy....

Yeah I hear ya Mike. Good luck with the two SVX's. I'll be off to the dealer next week to talk about possible trade in value and stuff.

Mike621
07-13-2006, 11:13 PM
:( trade...in... no.. you... not...:(

let me know what they offer. I want to try to get your car. Im pulling strings to try....

n00b on demand
07-13-2006, 11:15 PM
:( trade...in... no.. you... not...:(

let me know what they offer. I want to try to get your car.

Its more of a let me see what I can get at a dealer so I won't have to sell privatley. I want to get rid of my car quick....i want to get a newer subaru as I'm going to have to drive into Manhattan everyday and need a newer car. I dont want to abuse the SVX in the city. I just want to see what they offer. Its going to the shop tomorrow to get the belts replaced and possibly my crank pulley if it needs to be replaced.

Phast SVX
07-13-2006, 11:27 PM
well if you do part out, ill take the alternator. pm me if you do
phil