PDA

View Full Version : Alternator connector

svxcess
06-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Does anyone out there have the part of the engine electrical harness that includes the plug-in connector to the alternator? I really only need the connector plug to the alternator but will take whatever you have.

Give me a price through this thread, PM or email.

Thanks

daluvabull
06-17-2006, 10:03 PM
For what it is worth........

The dealer quoted me $1000+ for the bundle that includes that connector. I did not want to spend that kind of money. I was not able to locate it either. I spliced some wire and attached connectors that plug onto the alernator terminals. It worked for me.

Hocrest
06-19-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm looking, hope to have a source shortly...

BlueClaretsvx
06-20-2006, 06:40 AM
3.00 shipping 7.00 connector 6 inches of wire. i can sell you the harness for 25.00 shipped

svxcess
06-22-2006, 01:32 PM
I need to clarify which connector we are talking about.

I need the Small beige/tan connector plug that plugs directly into the left side of the alternator. (see attachment)

svxcess
06-23-2006, 12:04 AM
BlueClaretsvx:

I sent you a PM. Check your inbox.

benebob
06-23-2006, 08:27 AM
BlueClaretsvx:

I sent you a PM. Check your inbox.

John, try some local alt/starter shops. It is a standard Mitsu alternator so in theory the clips should be available. I bought about 20 XT6 clips from NW regulator supply a year or so ago as they only sell them with a $20 minimum order. Of course any you get used won't be in great shape because of time and heat but the new ones come with a couple inches of wire to attach to the old wiring and a new clip. I just haven't had time to make it to my local place to see if they can get some.

svxcess
07-25-2006, 10:16 AM
I am still in need of the alternator plug. Most alternator/starter rebuild shops I have contacted only do the rebuilding and do not have the electrical externals.

BlueClaretsvx said he had one but never came through.

If anyone out there has one (with a good locking tab) or knows of a place I can get one, please let me know.

What I need is here: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7544&d=1152513208

benebob
07-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Sorry John, I haven't had much time to work on this subject but here's the place that would either have them or be able to make them. Granted they sell in larger quanties than 1 but then you can be the source. I know I'll buy 3 from ya right now.

I got 20 for the XT6 from them for $28 shipped to my door btw. You'll want to get the alt number off your alt before calling as I'd guess they'd need that.

http://www.nwreg.com/

svxcess
07-25-2006, 10:59 AM
I looked at my car, but I cannot find (see) the alternator number. Are they all the same? Where is the number located? Does anyone have a spare that can give me the numbers?

benebob
07-25-2006, 11:08 AM
I looked at my car, but I cannot find (see) the alternator number. Are they all the same? Where is the number located? Does anyone have a spare that can give me the numbers?

23700aa190 (this is the subie part number which I don't think they'd care about)

A3t08891 Mitsubishi Electrical Corp. (this is the one they might want).

If needed I have a clip that can be sent to 'em if it isn't a standard clip so they can match it up. Not in usable condition though as one of the wires was completely pulled out.

svxcess
07-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Just talked to NW regulator. The connector number is 50-12252 and fits all the alternators used in the SVX. It is a Mitsubishi alternator.

Price went up since benebob bought them. They are $5.71 each with 6" of wire attached.

They usually have a $25.00 minimum order, but he waived it and is sending me just 3 connectors. Shipping by priority mail is another $3.50.

So I'll have a replacement, a spare... and one to share.

benebob
07-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Just talked to NW regulator. The connector number is 50-12252 and fits all the alternators used in the SVX. It is a Mitsubishi alternator.

Price went up since benebob bought them. They are $5.71 each with 6" of wire attached.

They usually have a $25.00 minimum order, but he waived it and is sending me just 3 connectors. Shipping by priority mail is another $3.50.

So I'll have a replacement, a spare... and one to share.

No I bought ones for the XT. Should've just bought 10 and sold 'em. You would've gotten your money back plus they are a business to business seller so they techincally don't sell to the public and probably don't like to be bothered. I figured they'd have it as it is simply a standard mitsu alt. Probably in 20 different vehicles in the world.