PDA

View Full Version : Custom 165 shot Nitrous Kit 4 sale

TomsSVX
06-16-2006, 07:27 AM
I am selling my Nitrous kit that I had bought from Subafreak. I ran it twice with no real luck either time. The first time I didn't purge my fuel solenoids and ran really lean and backfired. The second time, my MAF was messed up due to the backfire so it didn't work well but it still pulled like nothing I have ever felt!! Either way, I will be selling this with or seperate from the stage2v5 ECU chip.

Kit contains a custom throttle body plumbed with hardlines by Subafreak pictured below
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/TomsSVX/35528.jpg

Also includes a purge solenoid that I added to the systemhttp://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/TomsSVX/35247.JPG

Comes with a 10lb tank and plenty of stainless steel hose to go back to the trunk. Tank brackets included
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/TomsSVX/35527.JPG

I will mark all of the wires so wiring will be a snap. Install is really easy if you have a good amount of car knowledge and since you are getting a full throttle body minus the sensors, it will make life that much easier for you. I am asking $700 for the kit w/o the ECU, $1000 with it. You will need to get another Z32 MAF for the Stage 2v5 and I am also selling it seperately as well. Please only serious questions

Tom

mikecg
06-16-2006, 07:45 AM
Why you selling out Tom? Trying to generate a little cash for the Stage III?

immortal_suby
06-17-2006, 10:25 AM
Can the kit be jetted to drop to a safer shot - around 100hp or so?

TomsSVX
06-17-2006, 11:09 AM
yes it can just talk to NOS and have them send you smaller jets. All it is is threaded into the TB.

Tom

immortal_suby
06-17-2006, 01:45 PM
I'll take it. :D
Sending you a PM now.

TomsSVX
06-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Do you want the stage 2 ECU as well?? It is best if you run the 5 degree retard for less chance of detonation

Tom

immortal_suby
06-17-2006, 01:50 PM
I already have stage 2 installed so just the nitrous kit. :)

So I guess I'll need to hook up that little wire from the chip to something?

TomsSVX
06-17-2006, 01:54 PM
You just need to hook up the wire to the wire labeled on the kit thats all. Like I said, when I pull it on Monday for you I will label what the wires do. There is also a diagram that LAN made up in my locker for it

Tom

immortal_suby
06-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Awesome.
Paypal on it's way.
Take your time pulling it I am in no hurry. :)

mikecg
06-19-2006, 05:34 AM
You guy's are talking about 2 different Stage 2 setup's, you realize that right?

TomsSVX
06-19-2006, 11:24 AM
I know that Mike. I have spoken with Longassname prior to my installing my kit to find out if the timing codes were similar and if it would be safe enough to the run the higher shot. With some thinking we found it would be safe to run the larger shot as long as the timing retard was used. So in essence it is a very similar chip with the utylization of the z32 MAF

Tom

mikecg
06-19-2006, 01:09 PM
That was my question. Does Imortals Stage 2 have the ability to retard the timing? Or does he need your software.

TomsSVX
06-19-2006, 02:10 PM
yes, he has the same stage 2 I had

Tom

immortal_suby
06-19-2006, 05:02 PM
yeah I have stage 2 v 5 with the z32 maf. :)

AFBeefcake
06-19-2006, 05:17 PM
How much are you looking to get for the ECUtune stage 2v5 and will it come with the z32 connector?

immortal_suby
06-19-2006, 05:31 PM
How much are you looking to get for the ECUtune stage 2v5 and will it come with the z32 connector?

in another thread he asked for $300
don't know about the plug

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33709

TomsSVX
06-19-2006, 06:31 PM
The Stage 2v5 is sold already.

Tom

TomsSVX
06-20-2006, 09:19 PM
nitrous Kit is sold

Tom

TomsSVX
06-20-2006, 09:21 PM
I do know where another kit like this can be had. Just let me know if you are interested

Tom

immortal_suby
06-21-2006, 06:51 PM
nitrous Kit is sold

Tom

Like I said, Tom, take your time pulling and shipping it. I am in no hurry.

TomsSVX
06-21-2006, 08:23 PM
hey, you don't happen to have an extra MAF for the SVX do ya? I need one to make the silver car run on a stock ECU

Tom

immortal_suby
06-21-2006, 08:38 PM
hey, you don't happen to have an extra MAF for the SVX do ya? I need one to make the silver car run on a stock ECU

Tom

I have 2 svx mafs in the garage- one of them works and one was giving me codes and stalling/hesitation (which lead me to the one that works last year - bought it used from the other Tom for $75). I had them separated but when we moved in April I kinda lost track of which is which and I don't have a 2nd svx with stock harness to test them anymore. I could ship them both to you and you could figure it which one works I guess.

Would a MAF cover the shipping on that kit? ;)

immortal_suby
06-21-2006, 08:57 PM
aw crap - well I can find one of the mafs right now and I don't know which it is. The other must be in the same black hole as the oil filter wrench for the wifes xt.
I will look more tomorrow. I know (hope) I would not be stupid enough to throw it out. It has to be in a box in the garage somewhere.

TomsSVX
06-22-2006, 08:37 AM
yeah, if you have one send it my way and I will see if it will work. It will cover your cost for shipping

Tom

immortal_suby
06-22-2006, 07:28 PM
I still can't find the other one and knowing my luck the one I have is the bad one. Let me look more this weekend and I should be able to uncover it. We still have alot of boxes that haven't been opened. If I can't find it this weekend I'll at least ship you this one and if it doesnt work just toss it out.

Actually - the more I think of it the one I have is probably the good one since it still has the screen on it and I had removed the screen from mine a while ago. Then of course I have to factor in that I probably swapped MAF's between mine and the wifes car while diagnosing why hers is faster at some point. Damnit I hate having a bad memory.

I spent a few hours looking for the oil filter wrench a few weeks ago when I was going to change the oil on the wife's xt. Then I thought - hey maybe I can turn the filter off by hand and, of course, it came right off. :rolleyes:

TomsSVX
06-22-2006, 10:16 PM
A filyter wrench should NEVER be used. It is on too tight if you need a wrench... Anyway Yeah shoot me one, doesn't matter if it is the good one or not. I have found why the things fail all the time and know how to fix them

tom

immortal_suby
06-23-2006, 04:00 PM
A filyter wrench should NEVER be used. It is on too tight if you need a wrench... Anyway Yeah shoot me one, doesn't matter if it is the good one or not. I have found why the things fail all the time and know how to fix them

tom

yeah the filter wrench I only use for taking them off. Hard to reach up there on the xt to get a grip on them.

immortal_suby
06-24-2006, 08:29 AM
I just found the filter wrench, my bench grinder, and welding mask!

still no sign of the 2nd MAF :(

Hey Tom, pm me your shipping address.

immortal_suby
06-24-2006, 09:03 AM
Found it!
Also found my old sega genesis :eek:

The one I just found has no screen so I am sure it is the bad one.
The other one will be fine but I do see that the gasket for the screen is damaged in one spot about a half inch or so - probably came apart when I removed it. So you might want to ditch it completely on that one or replace it.

Do you need the stock connector or did you keep your old one. I cut mine to install the z32 but I left an inch or so of wire on it in case I needed to use it again.

TomsSVX
06-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Yeah could u send the connector too. I got your kit all packed up today and it wil ship out Monday. Two packages because I needed a second box for the bottle... You do realize it will be empty right??

Tom